PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how long I can do this.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-31-2004, 08:26 PM
It's my mom and I again.

I was cutting watermelon and my brother was asking me all these stupid questions. I cut the watermelon in half and he's like, "That's a huge piece for you and I!", and I was like... ummm... "I'm going to cut it into squares." I had a little bit of annoyance in my voice, and my mom heard me. She was like, "Knock it off. You do NOT need to yell at your brother like that. He is NOT your slave." I didn't listen to her.

Then I began slicing the watermelon and Jake goes, "Those don't look like squares." I glared and said, "Well... HANG ON! I'm going to cut them into squares." The my mom looked at me and started screaming at me.

"I TOLD YOU TO NOT TALK TO YOUR BROTHER LIKE THAT! I SWEAR TO GOD IF I HEAR YOU TALK TO HIM LIKE THAT AGAIN! KNOCK IT OFF!" Her face was blood red and I screamed, "CHILL OUT!" because she was totally blowing it out of proportion. Then, the way she looked at me, she looked like she was going to come over and slap me. I felt so scared. If I would have said anything more, she would have hit me.

Right now I'm almost bawling because I'm so scared and angry. My head is pounding and I can't see straight. I am shaking and I feel like I'm having a panic attack. Just the way she screamed at me... I almost knew she was going to come hit me. Luckily she didn't.

I just want to curl up and die. I feel like sh*t... like she wants me dead. I cannot stand this anymore. I just want to go to my own house and go to my room and cry.

Amber
07-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Awww megs (((big hugs)))

I'm so sorry your mom acted like that. :( I hate it when parents yell at us, and they don't know the whole story. Just take a deep breath, and relax.

(((more hugs)))

Tweety_Pie
07-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Awwww Meg!:(

I feal really horrible for you! I wish I that didn't have to happen to you. You are such a sweet girl, and one of my good friends on PT and you don't deserve this at all:(

Im soo sorry this has to happen to you {{hugs}}

Dogz
07-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh no, Meg. :(

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. All of us will help you get through it.

*hugs*

I hope things get better for you, soon.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-01-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm a bit better now, but I still have a headache. I get them so much more often now. I bet I take 15 asprin or more a week... 2 a day for a headache, sometimes 4 a day if it's bad enough. I'm wondering if I get migranes, like my aunt. Her migranes get so bad that she can't see or drive, and she has special medication.

Anyway, I haven't spoken to my mother all night, I don't even want to try to talk to her. She can apologize if she feels like it, because I was scared to death when she was screaming at me. It's not my fault I am now scared of the power of my mother.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I really appreciate it. :)

heinz57_79
08-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Hang in there, hon... I had a TERRIBLE relationship with my step-mom while I was growing up. Lots of yelling and verbal abuse. I got away from it when I graduated. But it's tough, I know how tough it can be. The best thing I can tell you is to keep a stiff upper lip, and try not to let anyone get to you. I know it can be hard becaue the person "getting to you" is a parent, but just stay strong. You've got lots of friends on PT who i'm sure will be there for you if you need to talk. :) Keep your chin up, kiddo! :D

binka_nugget
08-01-2004, 06:40 AM
:( I'm sorry it's like that for you.. it's not fair to the kids when parents act like that. My dad is an idiot. He has hit me once (having the short temper I have, I hit him back). :p I swear, the next time he even touches me, I'm taking legal action instead.

Just hang in there. Know that you have all of us for support.

About the migranes, what do they feel like? My doctor diagnosed my "headaches" as migranes. They have to do with genetics apparently. When I get my migranes, they pound on the left side of my head and stay for days, or even weeks. I normally have 20/20 vision but they got so bad that I couldn't even read my exams without having them 2 inches in front of me. There are different things that can trigger migranes. Mine seem to be triggered by lack of sleep. Maybe yours are triggered by stress possibly? Also, I become a bit more sensitive to light and noises when I have my migranes.. does that happen when you get your headaches?

I really hope you feel better Meg. :( I understand what you're going through.. it's hard but you'll get through it. Just be strong.

KYS
08-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Sending you lots of (((^..^)))

Tonya
08-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Meg, I am sorry that you and your mother are going through a rough time. I know your entire family probably is under alot of pressure with the changes you all have went through. I know when my parents went through a divorce, my mother and I started clashing big time. It was suddenly like I was the adult and she was the irrational child. Just try your best to stick it out. Before you know it, it'll all be over with.

Samantha Puppy
08-01-2004, 03:39 PM
It sounds like you and your family are going through a lot of changes at the moment. Try and realize that most girls when they're your age don't have the greatest relationship with their mom. In addition to the regular changes that come with being a teenager, your mom also has a lot to deal with herself. Just try and remember that things won't always be like this and they will get better. You'll be okay. Trust me.

slick
08-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Meg, I don't pretend to know what you are going through. I had a great upbringing.

Is there a way that next time you can just ignore your brother? Whenever he gets on your case, can you just smile and say "have a nice day" or something silly like that. Maybe if he knows that he's not getting to you, he'll stop bugging you. Just a thought.

You were soooo happy when your Mom moved back and I was so hoping that everything would improve. Big Big hugs on the way for you Meg and I'm praying that things settle down soon.

luv
slick
xo

trayi52
08-01-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this, Megan. I know it's not right to yell at your chiildren like that. I do hope things gets better for you. Sending you lots of ((((Hugz))))

Love to you,
Sweet Megan
Willie:)

shais_mom
08-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
I'm a bit better now, but I still have a headache. I get them so much more often now. I bet I take 15 asprin or more a week... 2 a day for a headache, sometimes 4 a day if it's bad enough. I'm wondering if I get migranes, like my aunt. Her migranes get so bad that she can't see or drive, and she has special medication.
:)

I am not going to comment on what happened with your mom b/c I don't know you well enough and I think whatever I say won't be of any help or benefit to you...... but I will say that I strongly suggest that if you are not already you and your Mom or just you or just your mom needs to be talking with a therapist.
But what I quoted above is what caught my attention.
You really need to get to a Dr. if your mom won't take you have your Dad. Coming from someone who was addicted - yes addicted to excedrin for probably 10-12 years. Too much aspirin or Tylenol is extremely hard on your body. Aspirin is a blood thinner. When I was taking it so often a simple cut would bleed and bleed. I eventually just weaned myself off of it, but every morning as soon as I would get up I would go straight to the cupboard and take an aspirin. It got so that if I didn't take one I would get a headache. I would obsess about it until I worked into one.
I outgrew my headaches for awhile. I first started getting them when I was 9 years old, we tried Chiropracters, orthodontist treatments, and Eye Drs. I got adjustments, braces/retainers, and glasses then contacts. Now they have come back with a vengence.It wasn't until I was 27- 28 (this past year) when I finally sought help from my family doctor. And I finally have some sort of handle on them.

shais_mom
08-02-2004, 11:53 AM
I do have to add that to YOU a little bit of annoyance to you that you think is blown out of proportion might not sound that way to your mom or even someone else that has nothing to do with the situation. Once again I strongly urge you and your mom to talk to a therapist or a minister or someone. At least someone that knows your mom and you in person.

shais_mom
08-03-2004, 01:14 PM
http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/healthmain.jsp?feature=tylenol_risk0804

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-03-2004, 02:28 PM
I've been headache free for about a week and a half. :) It's a relief to not have headaches ALL THE TIME!