PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkins and cats

Lucky, Fluffy & Yoshi
11-06-2001, 04:26 PM
Hello to all! I've been reading this wonderful site now for awhile, just never posted until now.

A couple of weeks ago I bought some of those mini Pumpkins home and put them on the counter. Well all was well until I found one several rooms away, looking pretty awful I might add. :rolleyes: Apparently this poor pumpkin has been bitten, knocked around and who know's what else. Yoshi, my 1 year old Flame-point Siamese is the culpret...or so I think. I guess I need to know if pumpkins are bad for cats, I already know that cat's ARE bad for pumpkins!! :) :) Yoshi seems to be fine and apparently this has been going on for a couple of weeks now. It just amazes me what he gets into! We have 2 other cats and they were never this adventerous, curious, playful, etc.
Thanks for any help.
Bunny

wolflady
11-06-2001, 04:30 PM
Bunny, first of all...Welcome to Pet Talk! :D :D That is too funny that you brought up the subject of pumpking, but on another thread, a vet suggested pumpkin mix for constipation! So, my guess would be that your baby is fine and pumpking is not bad for kitties!!! :D :D
On a side note, when I worked at Wolf Park, we would give pumpkins to the wolves as treats and they LOVED them!! Not sure what it is about pumpkins...but animals seem to like them! ;) :cool:

4 feline house
11-06-2001, 08:29 PM
Pumpkins are actually very good for cats! Let him go for it!