PDA

View Full Version : Poor Luna is under the weather today!

Kirsten
07-31-2004, 03:34 PM
My poor girl has thrown up this morning (no food, only liquid), and she wasn't eating her breakfast this morning. Later she ate some Hill's Oral Care, but she seemed to be exhausted all day. Look here:

http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/luna55.jpg

I hope it's only the weather that made her feel bad! It's very humid here and warm, and meowmie isn't doing very well either. Even the Lily girl spent all day lying flat on the floor.

The summer is definitely not our favorite time of the year!!!

Kirsten

Randi
07-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Oh poor Luna - and Lily and you too. :( Could it be that she drank too much milk posing as a model? ;)

I hope you'll all get better soon! :) Drink a lot of water!

lisalee
07-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Big Hugs to you Luna! I hope she feels better soon, she does look a little sick in the picture. I know how you feel I hate the heat too and it can certainly make our kitties not feel like being themselves. :(

rg_girlca
07-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Aww poor sweet Luna. I was thinking the same thing as Randi, that maybe it could have been the milk.

I know my cats just lay around also when it is so hot.
We've been having high temperatures with the humity levels at 35-40C, but we do have an A/C in the bedroom, so when it is on, you can find them and the dog there.

I hope and pray that whatever it is Kirsten, that Luna will feel better soon and I hope you do to.

jenluckenbach
07-31-2004, 04:40 PM
She doesn't look to well there, does she? Poor baby.

Kirsten
07-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks!!

No, I don't think it's from the milk; it's two days ago that she drank it.

It's probably this horrible weather, it makes us all feel so dizzy and nauseous! Have to go to bed now and it's still 25° C in here (that's 75°F), and it's soooo humid!!!

In Germany, most houses don't have a/c, so this time of the year is very hard to bear when you cannot stand heat and humidity.

Kirsten

sirrahbed
07-31-2004, 07:03 PM
aw! Luna sure doen't look too happy in that picture - but then when the weather is so hot and humid - that is probably how *I* look too! Poor baby!

Tonya
07-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Get well soon Luna!

jazzcat
07-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Poor Luna!

I hope you all feel better soon!

lizzielou742
07-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Aw, poor Luna!! And poor you! Sorry it's so miserable over there...here's hoping tomorrow is cooler.

Get well soon, Luna!

Kirsten
08-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

LOL, Debbie, I was probably looking the same yesterday!

Luna has been more active during the night! She and Lily were busy hunting bugs and moths; and meowmie didn't get any sleep before 3 am. Looks like it's going to be hot again today. I have just locked the girls into the cat's room to open all the windows wide here. The air is a bit fresher at the moment but this will most likely change during the day.

Kirsten

smokey the elder
08-01-2004, 07:00 AM
Poor Lily and you guys in Germany! The low temperature this morning was only 25 C here too. Blech. I'll try to send some cryogenic vibes to you guys.

catnapper
08-01-2004, 08:22 AM
Poor Luna! I hope she feels better soon. I myself don't feel so good when the weather is too hot and muggy.

catmandu
08-01-2004, 10:50 AM
We are sorry,that Luna,is under the waether,and we hope that she doesnt miss the Partee! AndMichael,and I thank You,and Jen,for giving us a page,on your website! And we are impressed,to say the least!

kimlovescats
08-01-2004, 11:35 AM
I can certainly sympathize with all three of you! Our AC runs constantly and because I am so hot natured, I still sweat all the time and feel limp and lifeless! :rolleyes: Do they sell box fans in Germany? I know my kitties don't mind the noise as long as they are on low. That might be worth looking into ... and you would probably love one too ... they are GREAT to sleep with! ;)

Kim

Equus217
08-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Sounds like Luna maybe feeling a tad better if she kept you up all night hunting big bad bugs?

I hope you all feel better soon! I know I can't wait for the change in seasons!! We have a good two more months of heat though....ugh!

*think christmas, think christmas*:)

Kirsten
08-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks everyone! Luckily the air got a bit clearer today - still warm, but not so humid anymore.

The girls have been exhausted though, or maybe they've just been tired from hunting bugs all night!

Kim, we have these fans here, but I made a very bad experience with a fan once: One summer when it was really hot, I had one blowing right into my back all day at work, and I ended up with the worst muscle cramp I ever had! :eek:

@Gary and Michael: You're very welcome! :)

Kirsten