PDA

View Full Version : Allergies?? Advice please

Equus217
07-31-2004, 02:49 PM
OK...so Vegas and Reno were both very sick with severe URI when I adopted them in May. THey both have recovered beautifully however I am a tad worried about Reno. She is extremely active, eats and drinks well etc. But still has runny eyes and the sneezies. Her eyes are clear, no colored discharge and same with her nose...no gunky stuff.
I'm thinking it may be just allergies...does anyone else have experience with allergy kitties? We have a vet appt. set for Weds. to be sure...they are getting spayed in a couple weeks so I want them 100%.

Also.....even though they are sisters, Vegas is much bigger than Reno. I DO see Vegas at the food dish more often than Reno but I am starting to think her growth might have been stunted. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

rg_girlca
07-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Gee Equus, i'm sorry I have no advice for you, as i've never gone through this with any of my kitties, but I just wanted to say that I hope and pray that precious little Reno feels better soon and that it isn't anything serious.

I'm glad she is going to see the vet on Wednesday.
Keep us posted okay.

Craftlady
07-31-2004, 04:56 PM
I don't have advise about allergies. Thoughts on weight difference is Vegas seems to be dominant cat. When adopting our Eleanor, her sister Betsy was also available. Betsy was quite a bit smaller than Eleanor. Since being in our house, Eleanor doesn't miss an oportunity to eat. :D

Karen
07-31-2004, 06:35 PM
I know with human beings, clear stuff in the tissue when you blow your nose means allergies, cloudy means a cold or infection, so maybe it's the same for kitties? Let us know what you find out!

Equus217
08-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the response guys.....I'm hoping it's just allergies cause she's normal in all other areas. I will let you all know what the white coats have to say!

:)