PDA

View Full Version : Animal hating snobs!

Tonya
07-31-2004, 02:18 PM
These people that just came to look at my house were such jerks! They were freaking snobby. I nicely told them to let me know when they wanted to look at the garage because the dogs are in there. The lady straight said "Oh, if there are animals in that garage, I am not setting foot in it. I hate animals."

THEN...she asked me if the animals live inside. I told her yes and she looked at me like I was the most disgusting scum of the earth and said "Come on, I am not buying a house that has had dirty creatures in it."

OMFG! She doesn't deserve my house!

Oh, and I have to add, when I answered the door, I knew they were jerks. I smiled and said "Hello, how are you? I'm Tonya Pierce." I extended my hand. They just walked right past me. Like I didn't exist. Not even a nod!

lisalee
07-31-2004, 02:33 PM
:mad: :mad: I would of said please leave my house now! I can't stand people like that!!

Lisa & Sash

catnapper
07-31-2004, 02:35 PM
You meet some "interesting" people while tryig to sell your house! I would have shown them the door, and smiled sweetly and as she was exiting, said something along the lines of "sic her!" or started barking myself! :p

rg_girlca
07-31-2004, 02:41 PM
I say that people who hate animals have no heart.
I can't stand snobs who are rude and ignorant like that.

Catnapper, you comment about saying "Sic her" and starting to bark like a dog, had me ROTFLMAO. I would have done the same thing.

Tonya
07-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Haha! Actually, Roxy is a great judge of character. I'm sure that if I'd let Roxy in, she would have bit the lady in the butt. lol.

Tonya
07-31-2004, 02:45 PM
BTW, I cannot wait until this house sells! It's been on the market for three weeks. I was just counting the business cards, I have had 84 realtors bring people through my house. I'm soooo sick of it! I can't even lay in my pj's all day long. hehe.

We got one offer but the people aren't prequalified for a loan, so we turned it down. Supposedly they're working on their money situation. Also, we're expecting another offer this afternoon from another family. (Which, BTW, that woman looooooved animals. She jokingly told me she'd only take the house if the dogs came with it. :D ) Fingers crossed!

heinz57_79
07-31-2004, 03:11 PM
I like catnapper's idea. I would have shown her the door myself, but had Arthur and Anna at my side. i HATE animal haters! My ex was an animal hater and had a similar attitude. Grrrrr....

stacwase
07-31-2004, 04:23 PM
:rolleyes: Who were they trying to impress? :rolleyes: Sound like a couple of nobodies acting like somebodies.

I'm sure your dogs are a lot cleaner than her butt, and she sleeps in the same bed with that nasty thing every night! LOL

Tonya
07-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Hahaha! That's good, stacwase. My son Jaden just said "I hope all the fleas from all the stray animals in the world attack that bad lady!"

Karen
07-31-2004, 06:58 PM
I hope the animal-loving lady gets to buy your house! I've never been through selling a house, buying one was traumatic enough!

Things I've been told to do when shoing a house -

1. Remember to take nothing personally.

2. Get rid of any ant traps, fly paper or other stuff like that - just hide them for while the people are there.

3. Bake something - even if you just buy a storemade apple pie and heat it in the oven, the smell will permeate the house and make it seem oh-so-homey! Cinnamon is good.

4. Remember to take nothing personally.

5. Remove all clutter from the kitchen as much as humanly possible. Even if you have to stash stuff like the toaster in a box in the garage - the kitchen is the most important room of the house for most people, whether or not they consciously realize it.

6. Fresh flowers on the table or the entryway are always good ... even the cheapest bouquet from the grocery store is a great investment.

Tonya
07-31-2004, 07:04 PM
Thank you, Karen! It is so hard to not take things personally! I didn't think it would be, but some people are so blunt. And gosh, it is my home still, people! I have kind of gotten used to people criticizing my home, but they're crossing the line when they criticize my animals.

Twisterdog
07-31-2004, 10:22 PM
I've only sold one house, and it sold in three days, so I don't really have any bad experiences to share.

My relator did tell me, however, to make sure all the mirrors were spotless and shiny and that all the baseboards were clean. Don't know how much truth there is to that ... but I did clean all the mirrors and baseboards really well, my house did sell in three days.

Good luck!

Freckles
07-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Can you get the cable channel A&E? Sunday afternoons they show "Sell this House". It's a 30min. show giving ideas how to stage a home to sell.

carole
08-01-2004, 04:35 AM
All I can say is what a rude,nasty person, I think I would not have been so polite and shown her the door with a few remarks of my own, you must have been gritting your teeth Tonya, I love your sons comments, I hope he gets his wish too lol.