PDA

View Full Version : Do these work?

Amber
07-31-2004, 11:03 AM
I was wondering if the two dog walker leashes work?

http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/i/in01/in011499_10b5f.jpg

Because I want to start walking both of them together, instead of taking them seperate. It's really really tiring for me to do that. So anyone who uses these work?

Kfamr
07-31-2004, 11:05 AM
What do you mean by "work"?:p

The hold the two dogs together, so you only have to use one leash. and that's what they're supposed to do so I guess they work. :p

KYS
07-31-2004, 11:08 AM
i used a coupler when I have walked my 2 dogs together.

I am not sure but some the leashes like the one you are
showing advertise they never tangle up.
I have never tried one of them, so I do not know if that
is true or not.

Amber
07-31-2004, 11:08 AM
I mean, it it easy to walk two of them? Will the get tangled up?

thats what I mean by "work" ;)

Amber
07-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by KYS
i used a coupler when I have walked my 2 dogs together.

I am not sure but some the leashes like the one you are
showing advertise they never tangle up.
I have never tried one of them, so I do not know if that
is true or not.

Thanks!

Or i was thinking of something like this? It's much shorter.

-top one-
http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/i/in01/in010081grp_10b03.jpg

Kfamr
07-31-2004, 11:22 AM
We got ours at Pets Mart. It was with the leashes hanging up (Not in a package) where they have all of the different colored leashes of the same type. If that makes sense.. not sure if it's the same in all Pets Marts. You can make ours shorter or longer.

Mine have never gotten tangled up.. but they have stepped over it so that it's gotten under them. It may take a while for Katie & Elvis to get used to being so close on walks.

With you having two smaller dogs, it'll probably be much easier to walk them.

Simba usually helps me out because he's a "stroller" and Nala's a "puller" so him walking slow helps me keep Nala back.:p

Amber
07-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Simba usually helps me out because he's a "stroller" and Nala's a "puller" so him walking slow helps me keep Nala back.:p

Thats how mine are. Katie is the puller, and Elvis is the slow walker. hehe

Thanks! We probably wont get it at petsmart. Were going to pet supplies plus on Monday. Were bringing Elvis (yay) :p

I'll just have to see what works.

anna_66
07-31-2004, 11:27 AM
We have one like this
http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/i/in01/in011499_10b5f.jpg
and one like this (the first 2 walker)
http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/i/in01/in010081grp_10b03.jpg
and I personally like the 1st one better. It adjusts so you can make them closer together or farther apart. And yes, I think they work:)

Toller 42
07-31-2004, 01:01 PM
i have one for my doxies, they used to get tangled up when we first used it but that was only for 2 days. Now they walk really nice on it.

Tonya
07-31-2004, 01:34 PM
I just use two leashes for Dusty and Roxy. All goes well except for take off. They seem to get themselves tangled the first few steps. Once we get going, they are ok. I should go get on of those though. They look like it'd be easier.

binka_nugget
07-31-2004, 03:50 PM
We have one. It's the perfect length so that Kai can't spin and tangle up.

I love it but I don't use it much anymore. Poor Kaedyn gets dragged back because Kai's so shy of everything and Kaedyn has fear aggression so I just walk one at a time for now so I can focus on each dog.

aly
07-31-2004, 04:03 PM
I have to warn you of one thing. Be careful when you're walking boy dogs on one of those things :o They tend to pee on their sisters, hehe.

I use seperate leashes for my dogs and I have to be sure Reece is a safe distance from Lolly when he's getting ready to potty.

Twisterdog
07-31-2004, 04:29 PM
I used to use one for Sadie and Lacie, since they were about the same size and speed.

They work well.

Kfamr
07-31-2004, 05:10 PM
I just took all three dogs for a walk. Kiara & Nala on the coupler, Simba on a seperate leash. They di very well together on the coupler, no tangling or anything... and Kiara kept switching side. :p

Tonya
07-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by aly
I have to warn you of one thing. Be careful when you're walking boy dogs on one of those things :o They tend to pee on their sisters, hehe.

I use seperate leashes for my dogs and I have to be sure Reece is a safe distance from Lolly when he's getting ready to potty.

lol. Roxy always gets her poor face peed on. They'll both be sniffing a bush and then Dusty will lift his leg before Roxy can move her face.

Amber
07-31-2004, 05:30 PM
Lol Aly, I think it's Elvis who needs to watch out. Katie will pee while she's walking. haha

Here in a little bit i'm going for another walk. I'm gonna try to bring Katie this time. ehhh wish us luck. lol

Shelteez2
07-31-2004, 05:39 PM
I have one for my dogs. (The top one).

I don't use it often, but that's only because my dogs rarely have collars on. It works fine to keep them together. They don't get tangled, but that's because they know better than to spin around and act like fools.

A tip for if one of your dogs is a puller and the other isn't is to attach the leash directly to the dog's collar that is a puller. That way you have more control. I used to do that for Clipse because although he wouldn't pull if I was walking him singly he would pull if he was attached to Em.

As for the peeing issue, well it is a non issue with me. 1)Clipse doesn't lift his leg, and 2)my dogs aren't just allowed to pee where ever they want on a leashed walk.

RobiLee
07-31-2004, 09:54 PM
I have one like in your first pic. I think it works. My only problem is that both my dogs pull. Katie is doing much better but Tori is definitely a sled dog and gets down low and gives it all she has and she is one strong pup! So....when we use it I am the one that is usually getting walked or sometimes pulled down the street :p

I will keep working at it though ;)

Robin :)

Cookiebaker
07-31-2004, 10:07 PM
I have thought of getting one of those for our dogs, but the only thing I was concerned about is what if they both decide to bolt at the same time?? They HAVE gotten a lot better, but still if they see something they really want (read squirrelly) they egg each other on, and then bolt. :rolleyes: