PDA

View Full Version : Where does your dog spend most of the day?

DogLover9501
07-30-2004, 11:07 PM
I was just wondering this, as I know some people have their dogs outside all day and bring them in at night.

Ours are inside most of the time, they go outside to do their business whenever they ask to, they also go outside when I take them out to play, or when we're outside.

Also on really warm days the back door(that goes to the fenced back yard) is left open so they come back and forth.

What about yours?

Tonya
07-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Right now, since I am home, they are inside all day. But when I go back to work, they will stay outside while I'm at work. I don't like them to be inside for that long alone. I usually keep the garage side door open so that they can have shelter in there if they want.

KYS
07-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Their inside most of the time, but while I am at work
they are usually outside.

binka_nugget
07-30-2004, 11:24 PM
They're always inside unless they need to go out to potty or play. When it's really hot (rarely), we leave the back door open but keep the patio gate closed (Kaedyn likes to bark at the kids next door).

Amber
07-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
They're always inside unless they need to go out to potty or play.

same here

Toller 42
07-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Mine are always inside and Tango is always with me:) she never leaves my side, on warm days I also leave the back door open so they can go in or out as they please.

gkristian
07-31-2004, 12:36 AM
well foxy sleeps inside, but i have to let him out before i go to school because my parents are at work at the same time, but as soon as i get home he comes inside. on the weekends he's with me all day (inside going for a walk and on suday i take him to obedience and agility).

cloverfdx
07-31-2004, 07:12 AM
Inside when it is too cold/ hot too stay outside and inside when it gets dark, Clover and Elvis are outside at the moment playing and having a toilet break but i am about to bring them in again. Penny and Theodore only go out to the toilet then come in strait away.

Weather permitting i will leave Clover and Elvis outside when i am out during the day, they have shelter, water, toys and each other and they are happy.

swimma253
07-31-2004, 07:52 AM
Meeka likes both.... she sleeps inside but plays outside... but hse also plays inside! LOL :D

stacwase
07-31-2004, 08:29 AM
When we're in town, Max is indoors 80% of the time. He spends a few hours outside in his kennel, but I bring him in when he starts barking. He likes do dig a nice deep hole and sleep in it.

On the farm, we leave the back door open during the day time so that he can come and go as he pleases. I'd say he's indoors about 30% of the time during the day. He sleeps inside at night.

Kfamr
07-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Mine are inside, and go outside whenever they ask to. They come back in whenever they ask to as well (They sit by the sliding glass door)

anna_66
07-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by KYS
Their inside most of the time, but while I am at work
they are usually outside.

Same here.

heinz57_79
07-31-2004, 01:26 PM
It's too hot in AZ to keep a dog outside all day. Mine are outside for a couple hours very early in the morning, and then a couple hours after the sun goes down. Otherwise, they're ususally crashed out on the nice, cool tile inside. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
07-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Mine are inside except to go potty and also for a little outdoor play time.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-31-2004, 04:19 PM
Mine Sadie and Cody, the Yellow Labby we are watching, Sadie's boyfriend, lol!) are outside right now, Cody sleeps outside, as he usually does at his house, and Sadie comes in and out throughtout the day.:)

Aspen and Misty
07-31-2004, 04:23 PM
Mine are inside dogs, so They are inside LOL. I think Nova would hate me forever if I ever left her out any longer then a few seconds after she demands to come in! LOL.

Connor would stay out all day long if we would let him but we don't like them to be outside to long un-attended (call me paranoid!!)

They are ALWAYS inside when no one is home, I would be to worried about what would happen if we left them outside (we do have a fence with locked gates but you never know!)

Ashley :D

Twisterdog
07-31-2004, 04:26 PM
We have a doggie door, so mine can spend the day inside or outside, where ever they choose.

So, of course, they choose to be inside almost all the time. Once in a while, one of them takes a nap outside in the sun, but they are mostly inside doggies.

bckrazy
07-31-2004, 08:11 PM
we have a doggy door too :D.. Gonzo loves his backyard, and stays out all morning and usually goes out after 5. his favorite thing is to go out and get all wet in his baby pool, then come running inside and jump on the couch! :rolleyes: during the day when its really hot, he prefers to come in and bother everyone trying to get them to play or sleep on the nice cool hardwood floor. he always sleeps inside, on his pillow in my room or in my little sisters room on her bed.

jazzcat
07-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Disney is an inside dog. She spends most of her day in one of her beds depending on which room I am in.

RobiLee
07-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Inside except for potty breaks and play time.

Robin :)

Cookiebaker
07-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Malone & Emerson are in their kennel during the day (yes, they both are in the same one), sleeping all day long. Even though Mark works from home, they have to be in a different room since he's on the phone with customers. He takes them out for a run in the middle of the day, and lets them out for water in the morning and afternoon.