PDA

View Full Version : What was your first CD/Tape/Album?

Kfamr
07-30-2004, 11:02 PM
What was the first musical CD/Tape/Album that you purchased/recieved?

You can list all three or just the first of all three. :)

My first CD:
LL Cool J - All around the world

My first tape:
K-Ci & Jojo - All my life

Tonya
07-30-2004, 11:04 PM
TAPE:

Madonna...That song, Holiday and the other one that goes "Starlight, starbright, I wish you were my start to night..."

It was a single. I used to always get singles for some reason.

ALBUM:

Oh yeah! And "We are the world. We are the children...There are choices were making, to live a better life...."

EIGHT TRACK:

ALvin and the Chipmunks. I thought they rocked. lol.

Jazzy
07-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Babt Rhymes LOL!

I think I have a lot of tapes of those kids that sings christians songs, I don't have it, at my parents.

delidog
07-30-2004, 11:38 PM
First Album: Cast Your Fate to the Wind...Ramsey Lewis Trio,
The Doors...Led Zeppelin 1...Comication Breakdown

wolf_Q
07-30-2004, 11:40 PM
First CD--U2 ACHTUNG BABY

It was my first CD that I bought and is still my favorite. :)

Tonya
07-30-2004, 11:45 PM
hmmm, I forgot first CD....I think it was either Bone Thugs and Harmony or The Fugees.

cocker_luva
07-31-2004, 01:44 AM
i never got any tapes.

but my first cd was Alanis Morrisette: Jagged Little Pill
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lpmz/alanis/cover.gif

dukedogsmom
07-31-2004, 06:55 AM
Hey, I didn't know you liked LL Cool J! I had one of his tapes. Honestly, I can't remember. That was ages ago. Sorry. I can name some old ones that I remember, though. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. Paradise Hotel by Styx. One of Run DMC's. The one with Walk This Way on it. One of Led Zepplin's. And one I hate admitting to: Charlie Daniels Band with Devil Went Down to Georgia. That was when I was in junior high.

Cookiebaker
07-31-2004, 07:14 AM
My first CD was Yanni's Optimistique (sp??) and I got it in 1998.

My first cassette was Garth Brook's Ropin' the Wind back when I was in 10th grade.

I have a collection of about 150 CD's now, and growing all the time.

Pam
07-31-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
My first CD was Yanni's Optimistique (sp??) and I got it in 1998.

My first cassette was Garth Brook's Ropin' the Wind back when I was in 10th grade.

I have a collection of about 150 CD's now, and growing all the time.

I love Yanni and Garth :cool: but since I am older I was buying tapes (actually back then it was records) years before you. :p For me it was probably Ricky Nelson or Frankie Avalon. Geesh I am really old! LOL!

Tonya
07-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Hey, I didn't know you liked LL Cool J! I had one of his tapes.

I love LL Cool J! I'm gonna marry him in my next life. shhh, don't tell my husband!

cloverfdx
07-31-2004, 10:23 AM
My first CD was The Living End- Prisoner of society.

My first tape was Madonna- Immaculate Collection :o

First album/Vinyl, was either The Breakfast Club soundtrack or the Muppets, the one with the Rainbow connection on it. :D They were both second hand of course. The muppets album was released well before my time.

anna_66
07-31-2004, 12:42 PM
The first record I remember getting as a gift was 1976 Kiss-Destroyer. I was in love with Paul Stanley after that:o
And the first one I remember buying myself was Rod Stewart-Foot Loose & Fancy Free...oh man I thought he was a hottie:D

Randi
07-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Delidog, those were among my first LP's too. :D Loved them - still do! However, the first I bought was Deep Purple In Rock! I think it was in 71.

When I got together with John, it turned out that we had many of the same LP's - including Ten Years After. I was so exited when I found out he was a close friend of his and had made 3 of the covers. I'd been a fan since the start. LOL!

You know, for the trailer of Fahrenheit 9/11 they used his music. :)

Deli, have you seen the german site?

RubyMutt
07-31-2004, 01:07 PM
The first vinyl album that was given to me was a Fraggle Rock record :D I used to listen to that for HOURS on my great-aunt's record player :D

When I was in middle school my dad was the manager of a night club. DJs would always bring him singles of popular songs at the time or up-and-coming artists. He would just give the tapes to me. So, one of them was probably my first tape :)

I know the first CD I purchased for myself was TLC's "Crazy Sexy Cool"

dappledoxie
07-31-2004, 01:18 PM
:( I don't remember... lol I'm pitiful

heinz57_79
07-31-2004, 01:38 PM
My first cassettes were a tape of Indonesian Kids Songs, and I think Dolly Parton.

My firct CDs were Tears for Fears - Advice for the Young at Heart single, and (please don't hurt me!) Vanilla Ice! **ducks and runs**

catnapper
07-31-2004, 03:24 PM
I got two for Christams one year - Rick Springfeild (I thinkit was claled workign Class Dog) it had Jesse's Girl on it, and I also got Olivia Newton John. Don;t remember the almub itself, other than "Lets Get Physical" was on it!

Hubby said his was Bay City Rollers, Boston, Chicago, Peter Frampton, and Kiss.. he opened an account with the Columbia Records mail order thing. :D

dukedogsmom
07-31-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I got two for Christmas one year - Rick Springfield (I thinkit was called Working Class Dog) it had Jesse's Girl on it
I've still got that tape! That was the name of it. He had his dog dressed up on the front. I saw him on VH1 and he loved that dog so much.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-31-2004, 04:44 PM
I will not say.:o :D

Kfamr
07-31-2004, 04:52 PM
I like the old LL..... but not the new stuff so much. That's how I am with most artists these days. :p

CountryWolf07
07-31-2004, 04:55 PM
First CD: No Fences - Garth Brooks - it is still in my top 5 favorites.. :)

First tape: Can't remember..

I have about what, 200 cds now..

lizzielou742
07-31-2004, 09:11 PM
My first CD I ever bought was New Kids On the Block's self-titled album from 1986. It was cool back then, I swear!!! :rolleyes: ;) :D :D :D :D I think I purchased this around 1991 or so.

http://www.songlyricscollection.com/lyrics/n/New-Kids-On-The-Block/New-Kids-On-The-Block/New-Kids-On-The-Block-New-Kids-On-The-Block-cover.jpg

Track Listing:
1. Stop It Girl
2. Popsicle
3. Angel
4. Be My Girl
5. New Kids On The Block
6. Are You Down?
7. I Wanna Be Loved By You
8. Treat Me Right

Man, I was such a DORK!!!

bluekat
08-01-2004, 09:09 AM
LOL my first tape was Ricky Martin and my first cd I think was Hanson:p

Lillycat
08-02-2004, 03:46 AM
my first album?........cat stevens......and i really loved it!!!!

delidog
08-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Randi,
You Guys alway give me a chuckle....
I,Of course owned "In Rock"...Remember Child in Time???
and Every TYA album.....Yes,Vinyl...but they weren't my First Albums.....
Also,Do you remember Ian Gillam in J.C. Superstar???
Still Cuckling.....Seems So Long Ago now.....

BitsyNaceyDog
08-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
My first CD I ever bought was New Kids On the Block's self-titled album from 1986. It was cool back then, I swear!!! :rolleyes: ;) :D :D :D :D I think I purchased this around 1991 or so.

New kids on the block was my first tape too, I think.
My first CD? I don't remember exactly I just remember it was a christmas CD.

slick
08-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Not sure but I think it was "Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles. I still have it to this day.