PDA

View Full Version : Where does your dog sleep???

gkristian
07-30-2004, 10:56 PM
i was just wondering where your dog sleeps. ever scince we got foxy he has been sleeping inside.

Toller 42
07-30-2004, 10:59 PM
My dogs sleep inside. Jesse sleeps in my bed and Tango sleeps on her bed which is on the floor. the other 2 sleep with my mom.

Tonya
07-30-2004, 11:01 PM
I mix it up because I don't want my dogs to get into habit. I am an insomniac, so if I want a good nights rest, I don't want my dogs traumatized because I locked them outside.

About three or four nights a week, Sarah sleeps between Mike and I's pillows. Dusty and Roxy sleep on the floor on my side, and the cats pile up around Sarah.

Other nights, they either sleep outside, in the garage, or in the laundry room. When I put them outside, we walk through the laundry room to the garage then through the garage to the backyard. So where ever the dogs plop down on the way out is where they sleep. lol.

DogLover9501
07-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Yes! I can't imagine them sleeping anywhere else!

Jasper used to sleep in my bed until the bed just became smaller and smaller :p now he sleeps on his bed(with a pillow and blanket :p) on the floor next to mine

Piddle & Wiggles sleeps with my mom

Kfamr
07-30-2004, 11:05 PM
All three of mine sleep in my room WHERE THEY BELONG!

Simba and Kiara sleep on my bed, Nala sleeps in her dog bed. Sometimes I invite her up on my bed as well. Mind you, I have a twin sized bed so it's only if the AC is nice and cold. :p

Amber
07-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Yes! My dogs sleep inside. There family, you know.. hehe

Elvis sleeps with me in my bed, and Katie usually sleeps under my parents bed. or with my brother. Or anywhre she feels like. Right now she's sleeping in the hallway

binka_nugget
07-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Both dogs sleep in my room. Kai usually starts off by sleeping on my bed, then moves down to the floor sometime in the night. Kaedyn sleeps on his dog bed. He will NOT move, even if I offer him a treat.

wolf_Q
07-30-2004, 11:36 PM
I thought this poll would be if your dog sleeps on the bed, in a crate, in a dog bed, or something like that...not inside/outside. I'd never dream of having my dogs sleep outside.

Nebo sleeps in my room on my bed, though he ends up on the floor quite a bit especially if it's hot.

Reggie and Sydney sleep in a playpen type thing, they have dog beds in there. I'd let them sleep on my bed but my parents think one dog on the bed is enough. :rolleyes:

KYS
07-30-2004, 11:39 PM
My dogs sleep inside anywhere they want. (accept
the big dogs are not allowed on the bed or furniture)

RubyMutt
07-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Ruby sleeps inside, in my room. She loves it under my bed so that's where I keep her dog bed. She either sleeps on my bed with me or under my bed in hers. Whichever she pleases :)

cocker_luva
07-31-2004, 01:32 AM
Jesse always sleeps inside. (unless she gets sick or we're camping.) :rolleyes:

aly
07-31-2004, 03:23 AM
My dogs sleep in my bed with me every single night.

chocolatepuppy
07-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Mandy always sleeps with me. She gets on the bed but usually gets too hot and lays on the floor right beside me.Lacey sleeps on the bed or if hubby falls asleep out on the couch she'll stay with him on the couch.

LorraineO
07-31-2004, 06:19 AM
My Lucy always comes to sleep on the bed with me until my hubby comes to bed,, then she gets put into her crate at the foot of our bed.
the only night she ever spent ALL night in bed with us is when Hurricane Juan hit us,,, man,,, that was one scary night!!!!! Poor Lucy vibrated like a cheap motel bed for hours,, poor thing!!!!

cloverfdx
07-31-2004, 07:01 AM
Clover and Elvis both sleep in my room they both have perfectly nice dog beds but Elvis will sleep on the floor if he gets too hot, and Clover loves to sleep in MY bed but she is too big and the bed is too small ;). Penny and Theodore both sleep with my Mum in her bed.

I would never make them sleep outside, but i would let them if they wanted to.

Pam
07-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by aly
My dogs sleep in my bed with me every single night.

Ditto! During the day they can be found all over the house dozing off but Ripley prefers the sofa and Bella has her own recliner! :rolleyes:

stacwase
07-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Both dogs always slept indoors. Jake chose to sleep on the hard floor, right up against the door. He wouldn't use a bed or anything. I think he liked the coldness of the floor, and the draft coming in from under the door.

Max likes his creature comforts. We always made a bed for him out of quilts, on the floor by our bed, but that wasn't soft enough for him. We'd always find him on the sofa in the morning, and it would be covered with dog hair! Then when we went downstairs he'd sneak upstairs into our bed.

I just can't sleep with dog hair all over my bed - it makes me so itchy!

So I made Maxypoo a nice, soft bed. The past 2 nights he's been using it and seems to just love it!

anna_66
07-31-2004, 01:12 PM
They sleep in the house.

Roxey & Huney have occassionally been known to wake me up around 2 am wanting to go outside. They do this when the weather has been so hot and they have to be in the house. So they want to go outside and play!

heinz57_79
07-31-2004, 01:18 PM
All my dogs are almost strictly inside dogs. Charlie and chloe usually sleep under each of my bedside tables, and Anna and Arthur are most likely to be found either sprawled around the bedroom, or (if Bella isn't home) on the bed with me. Sssshhh! hehe ;)

molucass
07-31-2004, 01:20 PM
Felony either sleeps with me in my bed, or in his crate, depending on where he chooses to sleep. I leave his crate door open so he can decide.

Annie and Bailee sleep in the crate that they share. They each have their own crate, but if Bailee is in one by herself, she whines all night because she wants her momma, so they have to share.

Molly sleeps either in my moms bed or mine. When we say go to bed, she either runs upstairs, or she runs to my moms room, depending on where she wants to sleep. If she decides she wants to sleep with me, she wakes me up about 7:30 so I will go let her out.

Sometimes the pups don't want to come in when its time for bed though, and they end up staying outside at night. We lock the doggie door before we go to bed so if they don't come in when we tell them to, they have to stay out there. We have a big dog house with blankets inside it on our covered porch for them so they have that to get in if they want to.

Twisterdog
07-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I thought this poll would be if your dog sleeps on the bed, in a crate, in a dog bed, or something like that...not inside/outside. I'd never dream of having my dogs sleep outside.

I thought the same thing. I would NEVER make one of my dog sleep outside. :(

They all sleep in my bedroom, except for Lucky who sleeps in bed with my son. Vanilla and Georgie sleep in my bed. Twister, Wishbone and Pepper sleep in their crates, and the others sleep on their dog beds.

RobiLee
07-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Mine sleep inside. Usually in their crates.

Cookiebaker
07-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Emerson has been sleeping in his crate every since he learned how to chew up dog beds while we sleep. Malone is SUPPOSED to sleep in his own bed, but has also learned that as soon as we fall asleep, he can jump on the bottom of our bed and we never notice 'til morning. ;) But that's OK, I rather enjoy having him there!!! :D

Canis Amicus
08-01-2004, 01:25 PM
I live in apartement, Rex sleeps inside, of course.
His place of choice to spend the night is by the entrance door.

countrycowgirl
08-01-2004, 01:47 PM
mine sleep inside little bit on my bed and chewie on her bed which is right by mine and well roxey my parents have made that my brothers dog and I have no prob. with this cause they love each other so much anyways she sleeps with my brother it is so cute.... :D

Rachel
08-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Hannah sleeps on the Big Bed with my husband and me. She is on top of the covers at the foot of the bed but spreads herself out to take *her half* out of the middle.

Tucker's habits vary from winter to summer. In winter he is mostly slapped up next to me, under the covers. His dog bed is right next to my side of the bed, so if he does get *too hot*, he can jump out onto that. In summer, he spends most of the night on his dog bed, but can occasionally can be coaxed up for serious cuddle time, should I need it. He also has two different dog beds: His summer bed is a dense foam type mattress with denim type fabric. His winter bed is a nest type with a fleece cover.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Sadie sleeps in my room, in her bed.

Glacier
08-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Depends on the dog...Sleet, Preacher and Muskwa are inside every night. Sleet & Muskwa sleep by our bed. Preacher has made himself a cave in the coat closet and sleeps in there. The rest of them take turns. There are usually 6-8 dogs inside at night. The most I've ever had inside at one time is 14.