PDA

View Full Version : We have a visitor, maybe cat #4??

jazzcat
07-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Look who showed up in our backyard. Isn't she pretty? I've never seen her around here before and she seems a little thin and her fur is very dull and stiff. I don't know if she belongs to someone or a stray but she acts like she doesn't have anywhere to go. My husband has named her Matilda, don't ask me why.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p993992a5cfc06445f64d3afc1ed7d644/f7a17fa6.jpg

She seems young and is very tall and long.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p083a7f2f0d8b323d2b37b7f24fbd5d8e/f7a17f7d.jpg

I thought this one showed her pretty green eyes but I don't see them as well now.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p92cad906167e14619c23669bbe7a478b/f7a17f4e.jpg

We've set her up with food and water on the deck and she likes my cushy swing seats so she can sleep there if she wants. It's a fenced in yard so there are no dogs wondering through to bother her.

If she is still around tomorrow we are going to check around the neighborhood and maybe hang up some found signs to see if someone is looking for her. If nobody is, maybe I have a new cat.:D

catnapper
07-30-2004, 09:12 PM
She is stunningly beautiful!!!! She does look very young! Is she afraid of you, or will she let you approach you?

carole
07-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Oh my she sure is pretty, she looks in good health, the camera does not show up her rough fur or anything, I Sure hope you get to keep her, naming a kitty is the first step usually lol, sounds like Matilda might just be joining your crew and soon, heres hoping, fingers and paws crossed., that you have a new furbaby. She is delightful, keep us updated please.:)

rg_girlca
07-30-2004, 09:15 PM
She is so pretty. I love her coloring and what a sweet face.
Please keep us posted on the outcome of this cutie patootie.

jazzcat
07-30-2004, 09:15 PM
She is very friendly and even sat in my lap on the swing for a while. She really likes my husband and would cry every time he walk out of her sight. That is how we found her she was in the woods behind our house right outside our fence just crying her little heart out at us. My husband unlocked and opened the gate and she walked right in and followed us back up to the house. She is extremely sweet so I'm thinking maybe she does belong to someone. Hubby thinks someone set her out.

Tonya
07-30-2004, 11:16 PM
She is beautiful! I see her pretty green eyes in that picture. I hope that you get to keep her.

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2004, 11:30 PM
She's gorgeous!!!:D Being that she's so friendly though she's probably owned by someone. I'm hoping that she isn't though and that she'll become kitty #4.:)

nibblets
07-31-2004, 12:46 AM
She is very pretty indeed, and smart too! She knew the best house to come to for some TLC. ;)

kimlovescats
07-31-2004, 12:57 AM
She's beautiful! I'm guessing she was a spoiled kitten until she got past the "cute kitten" stage, then she lost her "appeal" and was put out!:rolleyes: :mad:

Chances are, she is unspayed and may have started into her 1st heat ... which can be annoying to some people, who don't care to be responsible. She needs to be brought indoors soon before she ends up with babies of her own!!!:rolleyes:

Good luck, Lori! It looks like she deserves your home!!!;)

Kim

Craftlady
07-31-2004, 07:07 AM
She is so beautiful. :)

smokey the elder
07-31-2004, 07:16 AM
It sounds like someone dumped her. She sure doesn't act feral. She is a beautiful kitty!

Pam
07-31-2004, 07:50 AM
She is certainly beautiful no matter what her background is! :) I think she probably had a home at some point in order to be so friendly. I am hoping that she might be able to be kitty #4 but I hope that if she does currently have a home her people might be able to find her. I know how heartbroken I'd be if I lost either of my 4. Good luck!

catcrazylady
07-31-2004, 08:30 AM
OMG! Lori I almost missed this! She is beautiful! I hope if she is lost that you do find her owners if she is being missed but if she was dumped then I'm so glad she found you!! What a beauty! You keep falling in love with gray kitties and she has a lot of gray on her so maybe this was meant to be and she was sent your way!
Keep us posted on this pretty girl and good luck! I think you might already be falling for her, huh? How could you not fall for that adorable face though?:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

trayi52
07-31-2004, 08:36 AM
Lori, she is so beautiful! I hope you get to keep her. I love her coloring, she don't have a lot of weight on her. Your husband may be right, she may have been dumped.

Anyway, I hope she gets to stay with you, she would have a wonderful home.

Willie:)

Randi
07-31-2004, 09:07 AM
What a pretty girl she is, and she has such a sweet face. She seems to feel right at home on your deck. :)

Yes, she probably had an owner since she's confident enough to come up in your lap. It's a good idea to put posters up, in case someone is missing her. If not, your home would be perfect for her. I like the name Matilda. :)

Has she met any of your other kitties? Or perhaps seen them though the windows?

Please keep up updated.

catmandu
07-31-2004, 09:09 AM
She doesnt look like a Stray,maybe a Visitor!

stacwase
07-31-2004, 09:18 AM
She's beautiful!

Maybe she's a stray, or maybe she's "two-timing". Maybe you should put a collar on her with a note that says "this beautiful girl has been spending a lot of time at my house. Does she belong to anybody?" Then if she has owners maybe they'll write back or call?

Vio&Juni
07-31-2004, 10:39 AM
What a pretty girl she is! She does look like a Matilda to me too :)

jazzcat
07-31-2004, 10:51 AM
Well she is still here. I checked on her about 3 am and she was asleep on my potting table and then when we got up we couldn't find her so we thought she moved on but within a few minutes of us talking here she came out from under the deck.

I let her and my cats see each other through a glass door and the reactions were mixed. Matilda hissed a lot, Jazz and Scout were just curious and Ripley ran back and watched from a distance.

I guess we need to get to work looking for her owners if there are any but the way she acts I don't think they are nearby. I live in a small to medium sized subdivision that is surrounded by businesses and busy interstates and roads. No one new has moved in immediately around us lately. Hubby thinks that since she was in the woods that are between us and a small technology park someone porbably put her out there assuming someone in our subdivision would take her. I'm not so sure about that. All I know is she is very needy acting and seems lost to me.

I really want to find her owners if they are out there.

Equus217
07-31-2004, 12:09 PM
What a beautiful girl she is!! I would be heartbroken if I lost one of my babies, so I hope you can find her owner if she has one. She sounds too friendly to be a stray...unless she was dumped:(
But, if that's the case she found the right place to call home!:) Good luck! I love that name too!!! It fits her perfectly!

MULTICATMOM
07-31-2004, 12:52 PM
IS A FINE NAME FOR A CAT!!!(OR MOTHER-N-LAW;) )

I'D BE REPETITIVE, ALL THE ADJECTIVES:
BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS...

BUT LET US NEVER FORGET-JUST PLAIN LUCKY!!:D :cool: :D SHE FOUND HER WAY TO YOU!!

Lillycat
08-04-2004, 02:42 AM
how neat that she found you. she is soooo pretty and soooo comfortable in your home.....hope she is a keeper!