PDA

View Full Version : To The Tune Of 99 Bottles Of Beer In The Wall...

QueenScoopalot
07-30-2004, 04:23 PM
199 cats through the door, 199 cats, I get five out and bring home four more, 198 cats through the door. :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: Don't worry...there are not 198 cats here...just the trapping count since the first of the year. Groan. :rolleyes: I just took Sarah and her four out to the white coats, and off for adoption, and come home to a call about another abandoned mama and her 3 teeny-tinys. No trapping involved...pickup and plunk in the carriers. :p The babies are only about a month old.

rg_girlca
07-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh I wish Sarah and her babies all the best in finding loving, forever homes.
You are one remarkable woman Jan.:)

trayi52
07-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Nice tune! I hope Sarah and her little ones find good homes, Jan.

Willie:)

christa
07-30-2004, 07:18 PM
You're AWESOME, qsa!

sirrahbed
07-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Jan - do you ever stop? Is there ever a "quiet" season? Your hubby must be a saint! I know I am in awe of all you can do. You just keep it because we are all so proud of you and try to share the ups and the downs, too:)

MULTICATMOM
07-30-2004, 07:42 PM
YOU STILL NEED THAT BIG SLINGSHOT...I'M DOWN TO 5 IN-1OUT. AS WE CAN ALL GUESS, I KEPT TIGER LILY(FOSTER)!

SO QSA, CAN I PLEASE HAVE AN UPDATE? I'VE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT THE WOODPILE GANG & THE KITTYS FOOT?

GREAT SONG!!:D

jenluckenbach
07-30-2004, 07:57 PM
YIKES! It never ends, does it?

moosmom
07-30-2004, 09:52 PM
I'd also like to say GREAT JOB to Leslie Flenner as well. Like I said before, these two ARE the Thelma and Louise of animal rescue.

Animal Rescue is a TEAM effort. ;) These TWO have proved that!!

davidpizzica
07-30-2004, 10:40 PM
QSA, I think that you and leslie are the kind of people that rescue cats in your sleep! BTW, do you ever sleep?

MULTICATMOM
07-31-2004, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by david p
QSA, I think that you and leslie are the kind of people that rescue cats in your sleep! BTW, do you ever sleep?

EXCELLENT POINT! I DON'T SEE THE TIME TO.....
MAYBE HER CLONES DO IT??;) :confused: ;)

catcrazylady
07-31-2004, 06:46 AM
OH GREAT! Now I can't get that stupid tune out of my head!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

I think you need to open your own shelter there Jan! Well, I guess you kind of already have, huh? Amazing number of rescues and how sad to think what would have happened to that many if you weren't there. One person making such a difference in this many lives in just half a year is mind boggling! Fantastic work Jan and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do. I know it's not much but unfortunately that's all I've got to give! BLESS YOU!!!

QueenScoopalot
07-31-2004, 08:12 AM
I realised it's 100 bottles of beer in the wall...oh well my version is originalish.:D
MCM....THE WOODPILE GANG ARE DOING SOOOO MUCH BETTER, THOUGH EMILY IS STILL QUITE SWOLLEN. THE SWELLING IS SLOWLY GOING AWAY, AND SHE WAS NURSING OFF MAMA HAPPILY LAST NIGHT! I CAUGHT HER WASHING HER SWELLED UP PAWS TOO. POOR BABY GIRL.:( AT LEAST I THINK I CAN FINALLY SAY, SHE'S A SURVIVOR! THE BABY WITH THE FOOT (MARIGOLD'S) IS ALMOST 100% TOO...YAY! :) :) :)
MoosMom...Both Leslie and I have non-stop rescue dreams...groan. Can't even escape by sleeping...guess it's hardwired into our systems to do this! I'm out the door soon to maybe make it over 200 today. But these ones are all set as far as a foster home goes. Wheww. It's too muggy today for even leaving the house. :rolleyes:
P.S Hubby has to be a saint to put up with the revolving door spinning off the hinges around here. This time of year it's always deep with cats and kittens and no end in sight till winter. And we'll still be finding kittens then even. *sigh* :rolleyes:

K & L
07-31-2004, 08:16 AM
I can feel your pain! Keep up the good work.

catmandu
07-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Sadly,it will never end,unless people take responsibility,for themselves,and they are too stupid,in a lot ,of cases,to do this,as they have been spoiled,all thier lives! They just dont care!

QueenScoopalot
07-31-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Sadly,it will never end,unless people take responsibility,for themselves,and they are too stupid,in a lot ,of cases,to do this,as they have been spoiled,all thier lives! They just dont care!
Very true Gary...I just hope I can live long enough to catch another several thousand before St.Peter meets me at the Pearly Gates with hip waders and a gold litterscoop. :rolleyes: :D Now it's an even 200 with the arrival of another dumped kitten my neighbors daughter scooped up. Becca had an entire litter deposited on her doorstep last week, and now this one. She knows it's her upstairs neighbors pulling this deplorable stunt. :mad:

Equus217
07-31-2004, 01:59 PM
YIPPEEE!! I am soo glad to hear the woodpile gang is doing well!!:D

And I just wanted to say thanks and bless you rescue workers!! I hope that you know what a wonderful difference you make, and you truly make this world a much better place to live!!!!:D :D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!