PDA

View Full Version : My husband is climbing Mt Fuji tonight!! (but I'm home alone :(:()

Sirrahsim
07-30-2004, 09:34 AM
A guy that my husband worked with bought the tickets to go climb the big volcano quite a while ago for him and his wife. Much to their surprise, they found out that she was pregnant, so her ticket was up for grabs. This guy offered it to my hunny and my hunny jumped at the opportunity:) Soooo that is why I am home and my hunny is miles away. Too bad they sold out of tickets or I would have gone too:( I made my hubby promise that he would climb it next year with me as well:) They went up there this evening, and are going to climb all night then watch the sunrise from the summit (then walk all of the way down...) It's about a 5 or 6 hour climb to get to the top and a bit shorter on the way down. My husband's enthusiam is contagious, but I can't help but worry about him:( I was talking about the climb with my friends at work and one of them told me a story about a terrible rockslide that happened 20 odd years ago:eek: :eek: Not very helpful:mad: Anyway, just thought I would share. I sent him along with a disposable camera (waterproof) and told him to take lots of pictures, but it doesn't have a flash so we'll see. We plan on getting them developed to a CD, so I'll post them when I can:)

Sirrahsim
07-30-2004, 09:35 AM
By the way, it's creepy to be home alone:( My mind is playing all sorts of tricks on me. When I got home I checked every closet and even under the bed to make sure I really was alone ('cept for Boomer of course). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Maybe I'll stay up all night, I don't wanna have any nightmares...?:confused: :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Wow! I've heard that climbing Mt Fuji is a fantastic experience. I hope to do it myself someday. Please let us know how it went, and I can't wait to see the pictures. The sunrise must be absolutely gorgeous!

chrangharris
07-30-2004, 11:15 AM
To bad you are home! I always hate it when Bryan is gone- you hear all kinds of weird things. I also reassure myself with the alarm system and Cinnamon- and staying up extra late! Maybe you can stay up late watching girl chicks and then just fall in bed exhausted! I hope he has fun and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Sirrahsim
08-01-2004, 02:24 AM
Well, they drove about half way up the moment and then started walking up. Not long after they learned that they weren't letting people go past the next station:( Better safe than sorry, we've been fighting a storm recently. Poor hubby was quite disappointed that they had to turn around so soon.:( They turned around and drove home, arriving at about 1:30 am. He cared the crap out of me!! I had already secured the deadbolt and climbed in bed, so my hunny had to ring the doorbell to get in!! Anyway, sorry there won't be any pictures or anything. We do plan on trying to go again before we PCS, so when we do I'll take lots of pictures:)