PDA

View Full Version : Dusty has to spend the night at the whitecoats...

Tonya
07-29-2004, 09:43 PM
My poor Dusty! Lately, he'd been kind of mellow and standoffish. Not majorly, but just not his usual hyper self. I hadn't paid much attention to it because I've just been laying around lately too.

Well, today, my brother was doing my yard and he asked me where Dusty was. (My brother is used to Dusty jumping all over him.) So, I went looking and I found him laying in the garage. Normally, as soon as he sees me, he is estatic. I called him several times and he wouldn't even get up.

When I went to him, his face was soaked in puss. He had this huge wound on the side of his face.

So, to make a long story shot, he's got another staph infection. He had a high fever. So, they put him under so that they can clean up the wound and treat him. I'll be able to get him in the morning.

This is the third time that he's gotten a staph infection. The vet says that some dogs just get them. They can start even from something as small as a dog bite. This time, it was very serious though. The area is the size of my hand. I hadn't even seen him itch it or anything. I do recall seeing his face wet a few times this week, but I just thought he'd gotten into something. His hair was hiding the wound.

catnapper
07-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Oh no! Poor Dusty! Prayers that he gets better real quick. At least now he's in good hands at the vets.

Rhodie
07-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Poor pup! Get better soon!

jazzcat
07-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Oh no, poor Dusty. That sounds horrible for him having to suffer with staph infections like that. Poor guy! I hope he is better soon and maybe has seen the end of those nasty infections.

Tonya
07-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Oh no, poor Dusty. That sounds horrible for him having to suffer with staph infections like that. Poor guy! I hope he is better soon and maybe has seen the end of those nasty infections.

He'll see the end when we move! He desperatly wants to play with our neighbor dog Bob. Bob clears the concrete that we keep placing in the hole and he chews the wood that we keep replacing away. (Bob's the muscles out of the group.) Roxy digs and removes the logs that sit on the concreted hole under the fence. She barks commands to the other two the entire time. (She's the brains of the group.) And Dusty being the sweety he is, does the dangerous work. He keeps shoving his head under the fence for size. If he can't fit, Roxy and Bob get back to work.

Every evening, we go back out, replace the concrete, put dirt back over that, put heavy logs over that, and nail the boards back on the bottom of the fence. And the three start their escape all over again at 5am sharp.

Then his fur is so long, that I don't know he has an owie until it is to late!

RobiLee
07-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Oh, Dusty. Please be more careful and get well soon.

Robin

pitc9
07-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Get well soon!!!!

prechrswife
07-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Aw, poor baby! I hope he feels better soon.

Tonya
07-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Dusty's home! I went and got him as soon as they opened at 7am this morning. He was very happy to see me. His owie looks worse because they shaved the hair away and scrubbed it. (Gosh, that word disgusts me! Scrubbing an owie?!) He's got some pills and ointment that he needs twice a day. I get grossed out easily, so it won't be fun rubbing that ointment on that owie. But I'll do anything to keep my baby happy!

Roxy was such a hellion last night without her brother. She was outside howling and chewing at the fence, and then she was inside howling. She kept jumping in and out of my bed and back to the door, scratching away. Back and forth...I couldn't keep her content. She gets major separation anxiety when I take Dusty from her. I try to take them separately every once in a while to help that. But everytime I take Dusty away, when I come back, Roxy is drooling excessively and has destroyed something trying to get out. I don't know what will happen when Dusty gets old and passes away.

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-30-2004, 09:41 AM
I am glad to hear that Dusty is all cleaned up (ouch!) and home with his family. Poor boy! I hope he heals up soon!

Samantha Puppy
07-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Glad Dusty's feeling better! Poor boy. Kisses from Samantha and hugs from me!

Cinder & Smoke
07-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Glad Dusty's on the mend!

Now, about the Construction (or is it Demolition?) Crew ...

Originally posted by Tonya

... Bob clears the concrete that
we keep placing in the hole and
he chews the wood that we keep replacing away.
(Bob's the muscles out of the group.)
Roxy digs and removes the logs that
sit on the concreted hole under the fence.
She barks commands to the other two the entire time.
(She's the brains of the group.)
And Dusty being the sweety he is,
does the dangerous work.
He keeps shoving his head under the fence for size.
If he can't fit, Roxy and Bob get back to work.

Gud GRIEF! :eek:

If they get along and "work" so well as a Team...
Why don'cha just put in a Dawggie Gate an let 'em
walk back 'n forth ABOVE ground??

Be a LOT easier on Dawgs & Hoomins -
stedda them havin to DIG a new Subway Tunnel :cool:
every day!

:p

Tonya
07-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Glad Dusty's on the mend!

Now, about the Construction (or is it Demolition?) Crew ...

Gud GRIEF! :eek:

If they get along and "work" so well as a Team...
Why don'cha just put in a Dawggie Gate an let 'em
walk back 'n forth ABOVE ground??

Be a LOT easier on Dawgs & Hoomins -
stedda them havin to DIG a new Subway Tunnel :cool:
every day!

:p

We did actually have one at one time! But we decided to get rid of it because the dogs were getting mysterious wounds. And also, Bob's owners aren't quite as responsible as us. He isn't neutered and I highly doubt he is vacinated. Bob's owners live next door to the pitbull fighter, so we were also kind of afraid something may happen. Anyways, here is the thread to that:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35490&highlight=Bob