PDA

View Full Version : EMILY ROSE IS PERKING UP.....(The Woodpile Gang)

QueenScoopalot
07-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Slowly but surely! :) :) :) She's still badly swelled up on her legs, and the side of her head, but has been more responsive! She's eating with no encouragement, and was crying to get to the upper deck where her brothers were sleeping, I lifted her up with them and she was so happy! :D I took some pictures of her yesterday, but won't post until this awful ordeal is over,hopefully for good.I had doubts she'd make it through the night on Tuesday. Keep those PT prayers coming...they're working slowly but surely! ;)

Grace
07-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Such good news. I find myself checking in here frequently - looking for posts from you. Fingers crossed, prayers and good thoughts flowing from Michigan to Massachusetts.

Lacey
07-29-2004, 06:39 PM
This is great news! Fingers and paws are crossed here, and prayers are going out that she makes a full recovery!

MULTICATMOM
07-29-2004, 06:43 PM
GREAT NEWS!! PT PRAYERS SURE WORKED FOR TIGER LILY! HOPEFULLY SHE'LL DO FINE:) AND THE OTHER KITTYS FOOT WILL BE TOO!

QueenScoopalot
07-29-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm feeling more optimistic about her recovering from this nightmare! :eek: It's been horrible to even look at her and medicate daily....too tragic for this sweet family to be hit like this. And I'm scared to death this virus will hit others in the house. I did a quick cleanout when I saw how fast and hard this virus was hitting. Another mom and kittens are getting checked by the white coats and going into other foster homes in the A.M. Whewww...can't wait till I can breath a big sigh of relief.

kuhio98
07-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Go Emily Rose, Go! Keep fighting that nasty bug.

Jan, thanks for telling us about this virus. I've forwarded the info to several friends who live in the Northeast. I sure hope the other babies don't come down with it.

QueenScoopalot
07-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
Go Emily Rose, Go! Keep fighting that nasty bug.

Jan, thanks for telling us about this virus. I've forwarded the info to several friends who live in the Northeast. I sure hope the other babies don't come down with it.
I think it started on your side of the country. I did a quick search by typing "feline calicivirus" into a search engine, and came up with tons of info. It has rather recently hit this area apparently, and I pray I never see it again. That's the terrifying aspect of viruses is their ability to mutate. :eek: :( What next? :confused: I can't wait until I can safely hold Emily and her brothers without bleaching myself to death. :(

sirrahbed
07-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Grow Strong...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/rose.gif
Emily Rose!

kimlovescats
07-29-2004, 07:20 PM
I am so very glad to hear that baby Emily Rose is showing signs of improvement! Continued prayers for her strength each day!
Hugs to you, for all you do, QS!!!;)

Kim

rg_girlca
07-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Oh Jan, this sounds so promising.
Come one sweet baby Emily Sue, keep fighting sweetheart along with your brothers.
Prayers and positive thoughts still on the way for these babies.
(((((HUGS))))) to you Jan for virtual support.

Debbie, that is sooo beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes.
So thoughtful of you to do.

catcrazylady
07-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh Jan that sounds so much better!! I know you must be relieved to at least begin to see some improvement! Poor babies! I hope this is the one and only time any of us ever have to hear of this horrible virus again!

Prayers are going strong for Emily Rose and her brothers. Prayers for you and your fur family too Jan. Hopefulyl no one else will catch this terrible disease. Hang in there and thank you for taking such good care of these little ones. They certainly wouldn't have made it without you!!

As much as I don't want to see the pictures I am looking forward to seeing the then and now photo's when she is all well!!:) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

QueenScoopalot
07-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Grow Strong...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/rose.gif
Emily Rose!
There's no CRY thingy! :( :( :( So nice Deb..tears for Emily, and prayers too. ;) I hope to say in a few days..she's "out of the woods". :)

jazzcat
07-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh I'm so glad she is improving some. Poor little thing, bless her heart!

I'm looking forward to some of your wonderful after pictures of this little sweetie and her siblings.

You are one special lady Jan!

catmandu
07-30-2004, 09:08 AM
The Found Cats,are delighted that Emily Roses legs,are getting Better,and that she will be a Healthy Cat,SOON!

CatMama78
07-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Eating on her own is a great sign. Another wonderful miracle.

trayi52
07-30-2004, 09:21 AM
I am so glad to hear you are seeing some improvements in Emily. Poor, sweet baby having to go through something like this anyway.

Can't wait to see the pictures posted, we will then know for certain that she is going to be alright!

Willie:)

Tonya
07-30-2004, 09:48 AM
I am happy to hear that she is going better. Thank you for the update.

DJFyrewolf36
07-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Great news so far! Hugs and prayers your way for a full recovery and elimination of this nasty virus!

smokey the elder
07-30-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm glad the kitten is doing better. I wonder if you got the same nasty bug we got. We had a bunch of adults get a very nasty URI. A couple had to be admitted for 24 hour care, and the ones that didn't were still a mess. Poor little kitties.

slick
07-30-2004, 10:32 AM
With all these Pet Talk Prayers how can Emily Rose do anything but get better! Please pass on some kissies from me.

carla and mike
07-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Thank God she's responding well with your greatest care.
I know this is very rewarding for you but also very fustrating because it never ends.
I hope to see their pictures soon.
Thank God for Jan:D ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah!!! I'm so glad to hear she's improving, even if it is slowly.

Come on Emily Rose, you can do it!

BTW, I love that name. My Grandma's name was Emily and I always thought if I ever had a daughter that's what I would name her - even if it is a bit old fashioned.

lizzielou742
07-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Yay Emily!!!

nibblets
07-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Hang in there little one! We are all rooting for you!

QueenScoopalot
07-30-2004, 02:47 PM
For the first time in days she was purring her little heart out. I was rubbing her swollen little paws and she was flexing her toes trying to make happy feet. :) She's still in rough shape, but the virus seems to be slowly coming to an end with the gang. It sure seems longer than six days since this ordeal began! :eek: :rolleyes:

Equus217
07-30-2004, 02:56 PM
OH!! I know that little purr was music to your ears!! I hope they all continue to improve!!

Thanks for the update!!:)

mruffruff
07-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Will continue to pray for these little guys.

Thanks for being such a good caretaker.

Mary