PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog afraid of...

Samantha Puppy
07-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Just wondering what your dog's (or dogs', as the case may be) reaction was to the vacuum cleaner. Samantha absolutely hates it. When I first get it out, she barks furiously at it. When I turn it on, she barks and slinks away. She doesn't hide, she'll keep popping her head around the corner to make sure I'm okay but she won't go near it.

My old dog, Rags, was similar. But my friend's dog could care less. Just curious as to what your little brats did. :)

Toller 42
07-29-2004, 05:49 PM
My dog's are terrified mostly because of the noise I think! but one of them loves it she gets really excited when she see's it.

anna_66
07-29-2004, 05:58 PM
None of them are too keen about it, but I think Honey is the most afraid.

I have a new one (a Dyson!) and it's not nearly as loud as my old one was so they aren't as bothered by it.
Angus & Roxey will both let me vacuumn them:D

dappledoxie
07-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Claire likes to investigate it but never comes too awful close, Rebel whines and runs away from it. For some odd reason though, he won't leave the room he just runs from it.

KYS
07-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Sheba is afraid of the vacuum cleaner and wants
out of the room. Rocky doesn't care for it, but he
will not move unless I am comming his direction.
Than he will get up and move out
of my way but not before.

swimma253
07-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Lol... when meeka is shedding she likes me to vaccum her hair out! :D

ParNone
07-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Murph and Maddie would attack the vacuum. Makes vacuuming pretty much impossible, with 2 Cairns hanging off the front wheels, trying to shake the vacuum.

Oz is majorily afraid and will go to the furthest corner of the house, until I'm done.

Gully has never heard or seen the vacuum. I switched to wood floors and ceramic tile before I got him. All he knows is the broom, which he thinks is a toy. Oz is afraid of the broom too.

Par...

chocolatepuppy
07-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Mandy stays one step ahead of the vacuum, and Lacey hides. If my hubby is home when I vacuum, Lacey will bark at it.

Kfamr
07-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Simba hates it. He runs in the opposite direction with the tail between his legs.

Kiara & Nala couldn't care less.

stacwase
07-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Max ferociously growls and lunges at the vacuum.

lovemyshiba
07-29-2004, 09:15 PM
My house sounds like a nuthouse when I run the vaccuum, and I have to do it twice a day, so.......
They bark at them all, dustbuster, shop-vac, dirt devil, vaccuum, floor mate--they even bark at the mop:rolleyes:

Kito thinks it is an evil monster, I think--he'll bark and paw and bite at it, or he'll just lay in it's path tempting it until I bump him with it--he does like to be vaccuummed though, so I think it's all an act.
Abbey truly hates them--if I get something out, she runs into another room or outside if the door is open.
As far as Jada and Riley go, I think they just bark because the other 2 do.

catnapper
07-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Nicki swears its evil. If you even move it into the room, she's out like a flash and won't re-enter until its gone. Sometimes its funny to watch her try to slink out... she has her tail between her legs and she bumps into everything because she's so busy keeping an eye on what the nasty machine is doing instead of watching where she's going! :D

Though I was surprised a few weeks ago when I used the dustbuster to vaccuum off the AC filter and she didn't run away. So I pressed my luck and tried to vaccuum her back - she let me! Maybe she doesn't think too much of baby vaccuums?

RobiLee
07-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Both of my girls are afraid of the vacuum. Katie more than Tori. Katie makes a super quick exit from the room...lol.

Robin :)

cocker_luva
07-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Jesse doesnt care. when she was a puppy she had to stay at my dad's constuction shop a few days before christmas. then after that we were still building our house/fixing the yard. so when a puppy is raised/been around loud machines; any noise wont scare it. :D

Christiansmommy
07-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Yes, add to the list, Dale is afraid of the vacuum, among many other strange objects. He is a silly doggie!!

Tonya
07-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Roxy tries to play with it, she thinks it is her toy. Dusty ignores it, he won't even move out of the way. Sarah, she thinks it is her worst enemy. She attacks it. She doesn't like anything with wheels.

jenfer
07-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Don't be fool by Gigi's size. She is not afraid of the vaccum cleaner. She actually runs IN FRONT of it and when the cleaner is in front of her, she will move a little and bark at it. And when she gets bored with it, she will sit on the sofa and observe. She thinks it's a game. lol.

pitc9
07-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Sierra thinks it's going to eat her.:rolleyes: .. she hides down the basement! Buddy is not afraid of it at all!

Samantha Puppy
07-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Nicki swears its evil. If you even move it into the room, she's out like a flash and won't re-enter until its gone. Sometimes its funny to watch her try to slink out... she has her tail between her legs and she bumps into everything because she's so busy keeping an eye on what the nasty machine is doing instead of watching where she's going! :D
Samantha does the same thing! She almost fell down the stairs to the basement because she had her eye on the vacuum and I guess she didn't realize how close she was to the stairs! LOL!

LorraineO
07-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Lucy has never been too thrilled,, when we first got her,, she would run in terror,, but I just vacumed like she wasnt there and after @ 5 or 6 more times,, she would just ignore it,,, only moving if it got too close,,,

I find the best reaction to it is no reaction,, much like kids,,, if you make a fuss,, so will they, :)

Pam
08-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Bella is totally unfazed by it. Ripley on the other hand barks at it, especially the light, but he isn't as bad as he was when we first got him. :rolleyes:

Logan
08-03-2004, 10:01 PM
I have 4 dogs, 2 cats..........they all HATE the vacuum cleaner. Funny that none of the birds are affected by it!

nibblets
08-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Buddy doesn't mind it at all, our cat however will disappear for hours when the vacuum cleaner comes out.