PDA

View Full Version : Bare Feet, Fish And Insomnia

RICHARD
07-29-2004, 03:04 PM
crinkle, crinkle, crinkle....

I shoot a look at the clock on the shelf and it's
2 in the morning.

SOMEONE is playing with a shopping bag, A shopping bag filled with toys, nip and other stuff.

A few minutes later.

Whack, tinkle, whack, tinkle.
I hear the sound of a plastic ball with a bell on the inside hitting the wall...Some demented entity is playing handball, in a frenzy no less, while I am trying to sleep...

I get up to police the situation and halfway I feel my foot step onto a warm, crinkling object in the middle of the floor. I grimace and do the "Just Stepped Into Something That Isn't Supposed To Be There" dance.

I turn on the light and see....

A giant gift bag on it's side, Cat toys galore spilling from it, Ed looking surprised that I have interrupted the 'game', the 'game' ball slowly rolling to a stop.....I look over my shoulder and I see the warm, crinkly thing I stepped on....It's a catnip fish!!

I set the bag back on the couch amd went back to sleep.

In the morning I spied the bag flattened, with the imprint a cat body outlined on it.

Sometimes I wonder who hates me more, Edward or the Pet Talk members who lavish all those gifts upon him..
;

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Poor Richard, such torment. :D :D

AmberLee
07-29-2004, 04:02 PM
We need more smilies on this site; I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.
:D :D

Shouldn't we be praising sweet Eddie for entertaining himself while PawPaw sleeps? ;)

heinz57_79
07-29-2004, 04:08 PM
ROFL!! Ha!! Now I know I"m not the only one!

I think it was very indepenent of Eddie to go ahead and entertain himself without you. I think it shows a real self-confidence, that maybe he doesn't have to depend on Pops all the time any more. :D

catmandu
07-30-2004, 09:16 AM
There is nothing more reassuring ,to me than the sounds of My Cats,happily playing with thier Toys,in the Middle of The Night! But then I am a Retired Fellow,in 6 years,a Senoir Citizen,Can I have my Years back,Please!

slick
07-30-2004, 09:37 AM
:eek: :eek: And it was a Canadian Crinkle Fish at that!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D

Tonya
07-30-2004, 09:45 AM
LMAO. Well, PT loves you, so it must be Ed getting even!