PDA

View Full Version : Tori is being spayed

RobiLee
07-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Yes, Tori is at the vets right now having her surgery. I miss her and am worried. You all know the feeling. We get to pick her up tonite. I know it is going to be a chore to keep her and Katie calm the next couple of days.

Katie seemed confused this morning when I left with Tori and didn't come home with her. She has been really clingy. I am enjoying spending time with just my big girl today. I have seen her bury her milkbone twice today and this is something that she hasn't done since Tori came to live with us. It has been so much fun watching her do this again. Its hilarious. She puts it in the corner somewhere and takes her nose and brushes imaginary dirt onto it...lol. She does it for so long that you would think her nose would get rug burn..hehehe. Right now I am on my son's computer with Katie curled up beside my chair and I can see her milkbone underneath Brandon's bookshelf where she hid it. I guess she doesn't do this with Tori here because Tori will come along and eat it...lol.

Keep Tori in your thoughts today. I know she will be fine but I can't help but worry.

Robin :)

Samantha Puppy
07-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Awwww, poor Tori. I remember how I felt when Samantha went in for her surgery. I made the vet promise to call me the second she came out of surgery, when she came to, and again later in the afternoon just to let me know her progression. If Tori's anything like Sam was, she'll be all groggy tonight but back to herself tomorrow and you will find keeping her calm and quiet is impossible. I took the day after Samantha's surgery off because I thought she'd need help getting up and down stairs, etc., and she woke me up by jumping up on my bed!! Little brat. :)

Hugs to Tori (and Katie!).

RobiLee
07-29-2004, 02:09 PM
I just talked to the vet and Tori is doing fine. Yay! I'm so relieved. I will be picking her up about 6.

Cinder & Smoke
07-29-2004, 02:13 PM
We'll all cross Paws & Klaws for Tori! ;)

Hmmm - 3 o'clock - she should be in the Recovery Room by now...
Will the Vet *call* when the Sir Jury is completed?
Some of them do that because they KNOW Moms & Dads worry.

As for the "Take it Easy" stuff - Gud Luck! :p

Cinder wasn't too bad - all she had at the time to "play with"
after Sir Jury was da KAT.

Smokey WAS a problem post-Sir Jury! :rolleyes:
He was ready-to-run before he was fully awake!

Let us know when "da Kid" is heard from!

{{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred

pitc9
07-29-2004, 02:14 PM
YIPEEEEEE!!!
Glad to hear!!

I'll be thinking about you at 6:00 tonight!!!

EssTer
07-29-2004, 02:17 PM
I'll be thinking of Tori :) I know she'll be OK :D

Amber
07-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Yay! Glad Tori is fine! :D

how old is Tori?

lovemyshiba
07-29-2004, 04:10 PM
One more hour til Tori comes home!!!
I'm glad everything went smoothly.

I know you are supposed to keep them calm, but it is so hard. Kito wasn't supposed to do stairs or jump up on things. We lived in an apartment at the time, on the second floor, so I carried him up and lifted him onto the bed.
When Riley was done, there were 2 other dogs to play with, and when Jada was done, there were 3:eek:
I can't really say that they stayed very calm, but all healed up perfectly. My vet used stitches that had to be removed in 2 weeks, and none of them even tore a stitch, or bothered them.

I'll be thinking of you all tonight!!

popcornbird
07-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Good luck little Tori!!! Let us know how it goes!

K9soul
07-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Glad to hear Tori made it through sir jury just fine. Bet you can't wait to have your baby girl back home.

Katie, be nice to your little sister for a few days, no rough housing now!

Rhodie
07-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Good to hear Tori did well and I'm sure she can't wait to get back home.:)

Toller 42
07-29-2004, 04:34 PM
good luck keeping the 2 from jumping around! when Tango got spayed she was really sad and she wouldn't eat for 3 days but on the 4th day she was jumping around like a maniac, we couldn't leave her for 2 seconds as soon as we didn't look at her she would sneek outside to play with Echo. She Ripped one dtitch out on the 5th day and after she did that we tried keeping her in the family room with a gate separating her from Echo, but she is a really good jumper so she jumped it. we didn't know she'd do that because we never had to use a gate with her before! Echo and Sky (Dalmatian I had) just layed around and didn't really do anything for about a week.

Holly's mom
07-29-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm so glad that Tori went through her operation o.k. Now comes the hard part - keeping her quiet while she heals. I'm sure she'll do fine, somehow animals know their limits.

RobiLee
07-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks Everyone!!! "Da Kid" is home!! We got to pick her up a little early.

Tori is home safe and sound. She is very groggy and moving very slow. It actually makes me ache and think about my past surgeries...lol. She got in and out of the car on her own, came inside and went right to her crate. Katie was very excited that lil sis was home and wants to lick all over her which Tori doesn't want right now and was protesting very loudly. She has been out of her crate to drink and then went out to pee and is now back in there sleeping away. I have closed the door so Katie can't bother her tonite. She looks pitiful right now. I feel so bad for her. I hope she isn't too mad at me. I know, I know..she will get over it. ;)

Thanks so much for all the well wishes and I'll let you know how she is doing tomorrow. Oh, Amber, Tori is 6 1/2 months old.

KYS
07-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Sheba and Rocky here!

Tori wishing you a very quick recovery.
I bet you mommy give you special treats tomarrow and
the day after that and the day after that. hehehe

Hugs and slobery kisses!

Sheba and Rocky

dappledoxie
07-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Aww, hugs Tori, glad to hear you are home now

anna_66
07-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey Tori,

It's your pals Angus, Roxey & Huney (and mommy too:p)here!

We're glad to hear your home and doing fine and it's ok to be a little cranky...after all you did just get a new zipper:eek:

We hope your feeling better tomorrow.

Hugs and big slurps from the whole gang:D

shais_mom
07-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Good Luck Tori and you stay still and listen to your momma!!
Don't be like Keegan and get so wild that you had to go back to check for a hernia!!! :rolleyes:

pics anytime Robin!! :)

wolf_Q
07-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Glad to hear that Tori is home and ok! Give her a hug from me and a kiss from Nebo, ok? :)

binka_nugget
07-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Glad to hear she's home resting now.

Take it easy okay Tori? Although, that's a lot easier said than done with another pup runnin' around trying to entice you to play. After Kai's two sir juries, all he wanted to do was play. Silly pups! :D

RobiLee
07-30-2004, 12:34 AM
I am still awake and Tori is not feeling very well. She just threw up twice and peed on the floor. She just seems so sore and can hardly move. I'm thinking that maybe the sleepy meds made her tummy upset. She is back in her crate and resting comfortably.

She has been outside twice today and did her business and even had a bowel movement. The last time she went out I did have to pick her up and bring her in because she just didn't seem to be able to move. I hope she is moving much better in the morning.

Katie is being very good. She gets a little excited sometimes but for the most part she seems to sence that little sister is not feeling to well and she will just sniff and lick at her and then leave her alone.

Please keep Tori in your thoughts.

Thanks...Robin :)

Toller 42
07-30-2004, 12:39 AM
poor Tori, I hope she feels better tomorow. She might be throwing up because of the pain she is going through right now, my vet said that Tango might do the same after she was spayed.:(

RobiLee
07-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Tori is doing much better this morning. She is still very sore but moving around a whole lot better. Her ears have been laid back the whole time but this morning she actually had them up for a bit. When she came in from her morning pee, she started with a little trot then realized that it hurt to do that. Poor girl. I'm sure she'll be fine now.

Thanks for all the warm wishes.........Robin :)

Samantha Puppy
07-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Keep feelin' better, Tori! I know it hurts bad now, but you will feel better soon. If you want to complain about your tummy, there are lots of us girls on here who know how you feel! Licks and puppy nips to you.

Love,
Samantha P.

cloverfdx
07-30-2004, 10:24 AM
I am so glad to hear Tori made it through sir Jury well and that she is home again. I hope she feels much better in the coming days. {{Hugs}}

Katie you be a good girl and sympathise with your little Sister. {{Hugs for Katie aswell}}

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-30-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm sorry I missed the surgery day, but I am thinking of you now and hoping that Tori recovers quickly. Feel better soon, sweety!

dukedogsmom
07-30-2004, 11:15 AM
I just now saw this because Kay and I drove halfway around Florida yesterday(long story) Anyway, hope Tori continues to feel better. And Katie sounds so cute trying to bury her bone. Would love to see that.

Kfamr
07-30-2004, 12:02 PM
I was gone all day yesterday so I missed this. Glad to see lil Tori is feeling better. :D

Give her hugs from Aunt Kay!

Karen
07-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Awww, how sweet that Katie was worried, and is being such a gooooooood big sister now that Tori's home, and still feeling a little sore. Poor Tori baby - give her a kiss for me!

anna_66
07-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear she's doing better today! Hugs to both her and Katie!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/grouphug.gif

tatsxxx11
07-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Oh Robin, what great news!!! Those first 24 hrs. post op can be tough, especially for the girls;) The anesthesia, combined with the sutrue line discomfort....:( BUT, your beautiful baby girl seems to be perking up and all vital organs are in full function!:) Please, give that sweet baby girl a gentle hug and tons of kisses from me! Cody and Star send gentle paw pats and slurpy kisses:) FEEL BETTER SOON TORI!!!:) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star!

RobiLee
07-30-2004, 05:33 PM
You guys are so sweet. All the hugs and kisses have been given and Tori and I appreciate it. She is much much better this afternoon. Perking right up and starting to wag that cute little tail again. Starting to want to play with Katie too. This is going to be quite difficult keeping these 2 down and quiet. Katie just got home from the vet and she has a bum knee :( I am upset about this and hoping all turns out well. I'll post more later or just start another thread. Keep us in your thoughts still, please.

Toller 42
07-30-2004, 05:34 PM
What did Katie do to her knee? i'm glad Tori's feeling better!

trayi52
07-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Just now seen this, I am glad to hear Tori is feeling better, and Katie is being such a great older sister.

I'll keep sweet Tori in my thoughts and prayers.

Willie:)