PDA

View Full Version : The pups went to the whitecoats today..

GoldenRetrLuver
07-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Odd, my first post was deleted for some reason. :confused:

Molly and Daisy went to the vet's today. Molly needed her annual checkup, and Bordetella vaccination, and Daisy needed to get her Bordetella shot as well. We're also doing annual deworming for both of them.

Daisy weighs in at 54 pounds, and Molly weighs in at 70. Both perfect weights for them according to the vet.

We asked the vet about teeth cleaning for Molly, and he said it's a good idea for her, and do it asap. They rate the teeth on a scale of 1-4, and he said Molly's was definately a 2, possibly a 3. She's also in Stage 2 of Gum Disease, so it IS a must for us. My poor girl. :(:( We do brush both of their teeth often, but Molly will only let us do so much, and she hates it.

Pointless post.. but I felt like sharing. We're making an appointment for Molly to get them cleaned as soon as the vet calls us back with an estimate as too how much it'll cost.

swimma253
07-29-2004, 01:26 PM
aww... poor Molly.. but I am glad they are healthy in everything else!!!:D

primabella
07-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Glad to hear that things went okay, besides the teeth. Mickey puts up such a fight to get his teeth brushed too. :(

I hope Molly will let you brush them more. Have you ever given her Dentabones or Greenies? We use those for Mickey too and he looooves them. And we try to avoid soft food since I've heard that's reeeaaally bad for the teeth.

Amber
07-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Odd, my first post was deleted for some reason. :confused:

I know, I tried to reply but it wouldn't let me.

But anyways..

Sorry about Mollys teeth, hopfully they will be better, but I'm glad there both healthy!

*LabLoverKEB*
07-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Glad to hear everything went wel at the whitecoat's.... hope Molly's teeth are brights and shiny real soon!;)

GoldenRetrLuver
07-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks everyone.

We do give her rawhide and greenies, but it didn't seem to help much, but she loves them. I have to mix a little wet food in with their kibble for a couple days, to give them the dewormer, otherwise they won't eat it. They normally don't get any wet food or people food, though. Just their dry kibble.