PDA

View Full Version : Are you missing your cat when you're at work?

Kirsten
12-09-2001, 06:45 AM
Is it just me or is somebody else here missing her/his fur kids terribly while at work?
I really hate to leave my Luna in the morning, and I'm looking so much forward to her when I'm coming home. And during the day in the office, I'm really missing cuddling her or playing with her and then I can't wait to go home! :) Just wondering if she's missing me the same way! LOL :D

Kirsten

Pam
12-09-2001, 06:49 AM
Kirsten I miss my furkids lots during the day too so in my work area I have all three of their pictures. I think they probably just sleep while I'm gone and probably Luna spends a good bit of her time asleep too. That way they can be wide awake when we're trying to sleep! :D

Logan
12-09-2001, 08:34 AM
Hi Kirsten, I am lucky enough to have my office in my home, so one of my four cats and dogs is almost always in the room with me, sometimes all of them!! Butter just walks around on the desk and surrounding surfaces, chewing paper, if he's bored. Sometimes he just sits on the table by the window and watches the backyard for me. Mimi, on the other hand, either wants to sit on the paper that is right in front of me, or better, she curls up in my lap while I'm working, and goes to sleep.

But, I know what you mean about leaving them. Because when I leave, it usually means that I will be gone overnight, and then I really miss them.

tuxluvr
12-09-2001, 08:38 AM
My computer wallpaper is almost always of Ritz....so, the answer is yes :)

Kirsten
12-09-2001, 10:56 AM
Wish I could work at home, too! :)

We're not allowed to have any photos in our office, but I have my fav Luna-pic as a computer wallpaper!

Kirsten

pam_pesto
12-09-2001, 02:03 PM
When I was working in the summer, and when I go to class now, I miss Pest (and now Moo) soooo much! Pesty would cry when I left, and come running over to greet me when I get home. I had a picture of her at work, in the same frame as a picture of her father (my husband).

TheAntiPam
12-09-2001, 02:39 PM
On the semi-serious side of missing your kitties while at work: A few years back, I had a very hard time even going to work, for fear of what might happen to my cats while I was gone. Then, once I mustered up the courage to leave, I worried and cried in the car all the way to work. :( :( :(

After a few days of that, I realized that something was definitely wrong - with ME!! There was no particular reason to be so worried or sad. My cats were fine and safe. So, I got some help and sure enough, I had a medical problem - a chemical imbalance causing clinical depression!

I got medication and some counseling - a very helpful combo! Whew, it is such a relief to really feel and know that my cats are fine at home without me. :) I still miss them and think of them, and talk about them (just ask my co-workers). But I'm no longer out of balance in my worries about their well-being.

I hope that other people who have clinical depression can come to understand and get help with their very real problem. Having my cats help me along the way to better health is just one of the blessings of being owned by them!

cr7clark
12-10-2001, 09:15 AM
AntiPam, I understand perfectly how you feel, and good for you for speaking up about clinical depression. I've been on medication for the same thing for about eight years now, and I can say that I enjoy life a lot more now that I ever did. I didn't realize how many years I suffered with depression, and yes it was a chemical imbalance with me too.
I miss Bo a lot, which is why I visit PetTalk every day. It helps to hear other's stories and know that other folks love pets and have the same joys and sorrows I do.
Let's hear it for Pet Talk, and for the brave souls who seek help when they need it!!

BigCharles
12-10-2001, 11:20 AM
I have cat pictures on my cubicle walls and a cat statue made of ground up and compress walnut shells. I keep my own web site as the homepage on my computer at home and the TWO on my desk at work jsut so that I can scroll down and see my two.

I still miss them and often think of sneeking a LitterMaid and a ketten into the office. :rolleyes: I would never get away with it though. (sigh)

I guess that you could say that I miss them.

4 feline house
12-10-2001, 01:42 PM
I actually brought a cat to work once.....

The day I was to move into a new apartment the management informed me that a water pipe had broken and it would not be available for a few days. I could not stay over in my old apartment because the new tenants were scheduled to move in the day after I was to move out and could not make other arrangements. There were no vacant units in the new complex, so they put me up in a motel for three days. The third day was a Monday, and even though the motel allowed Zebo, he was not allowed in the room while I was at work. So, he came with me! He did fine, hiding out in the file room most of the day. But late afternoon he disappeared, and a thorough search turned up no kitty. I finally went home to my new apartment, convinced that Zebo had darted out the door without being noticed. The next day I called around the building and inside, even went to the tenant next door (we shared an interior hallway and bathroom) but they hadn't seen him either. Of course, I still had to work, too, and while searching for a misfiled folder I pulled out the bottom drawer of a file cabinet, knowing it was probably not in there because we didn't use the bottom drawers. But it wasn't where it was supposed to be, so it had to be somewhere odd. So, I pulled it out and noticed while it was sliding that it felt awfully heavy for an empty drawer. And no wonder, there was Zebo! In the filing cabinet drawer! We never did figure out how he got in there, but I was so happy to have found him!

Cynthia
12-10-2001, 01:42 PM
Hoo boy, do I miss my guys! We have developed a ritual: every morning when I leave, I tell Stump and Emmett "see you later, Ms. Cindy loves you" ( :o ). I also have their pictures in my office, and it's probably also why I sneak a look or two at Pet Talk during the day! I work with several other people who have pets, and we've often wished we could have a "pet day" here, but we know that idea will never fly!

wayne0214
12-11-2001, 07:45 AM
My work area is only about 50 ft. from my residence, so I get to watch all of my furkids during the day. However, when I leave them for more than about 2 hours I begin to worry about their welfare, because they have access to the outside at any time during the day. I will say in their favor,that I have never come home to a torn-up house while I'm out, the only time they get a little rough in play is when I am with them.

........wayne

Ila
12-11-2001, 08:03 AM
I miss Misty a lot when I am at work. I think I miss her more than she misses me becuse I think she sleeps a lot while were at work. Soon s we get home I swear she has a clock in her little head she is at the door waiting for us to come home. She always wants her belly rubbed and cuddled when we get home.