PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Fostering Is a Good Alternative?

DNova
11-04-2001, 02:55 PM
Well after been given the run around for a few days and many phone calls, it appears that no one is willing to supply the phone number of the woman who owns the condo I live in. It's a no-cat no-dog complex. :mad: But how about fostering? I mean, if they ever found out I had a cat, and confronted me and told me to get rid of it, it wouldn't be a problem. I would get the joy of having a kitty companion without the danger of having to find it a new home within 3 days or whatever.

What do you think? I value your advice very much! Thanks!

Cougie Wechsler
11-05-2001, 06:16 PM
I would think you would be okay as long as the Cat had another foster home to go to right away if you were confronted. The only thing that would concern me is if they kept finding out - that could put your lease in jeopard. Good luck!

4 feline house
11-06-2001, 08:28 PM
Well, here again you live in Florida and I'm only familiar with Texas Property Codes, but here they management is required to supply you with the name and address of the owner, regardless of the reason why you are asking. Did you ever check out legal services?

yorkster
11-07-2001, 02:05 AM
I find it strange that your landlord can't be reached (the owner of the condo, right?)
Anyway, about fostering- if it was me, I would do it in a heart beat! Especially since you can not reach the owner.....hey, you tried!

purrley
11-07-2001, 06:56 AM
If you are a person who can foster I'd say go for it, myself I get too darned attached that it causes emotional turmoil for myself to have to let them go, but for you, sounds like a wonderful idea and beneficial for a little fur baby :)