PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Call

catmandu
07-29-2004, 08:48 AM
YOUR Post Office,andfind out,for me,if Cat Nip,or Cat Nip Toys,will not be allowed,to be shipped from Canada,as the lady,at the Post Office,gave me a brochure ,that said on august 12,certain things would be banned! But it want clear whether Cat Nip,pr Toys,amde from Cat Nip,would be included! And it is easier,for you,to contact your Government,than I.

sirrahbed
07-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
YOUR Post Office,andfind out,for me,if Cat Nip,or Cat Nip Toys,will not be allowed,to be shipped from Canada,as the lady,at the Post Office,gave me a brochure ,that said on august 12,certain things would be banned! But it want clear whether Cat Nip,pr Toys,amde from Cat Nip,would be included! And it is easier,for you,to contact your Government,than I.

Could do that Gary but I would rather NOT know:D It's a cat TOY.

catmandu
07-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Its just taht I send a Lot,of The Animal Welfare Mice,to your Country,and I dont want them consficated,and me,fined!

Craftlady
07-29-2004, 09:56 AM
United States Postal Service (http://www.usps.com/welcome.htm?from=global&page=0001home2)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-29-2004, 10:38 AM
I really don't think it would be a problem Gary. If all else fails, just mark it as "gift" and if they want more details tell them "cat toys." I'll see what I can find out, but in the meantime I wouldn't worry about it. :)

sirrahbed
07-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Gary - I did call the 1-800-ASK_USPS phone number for the Postal Service and asked specifically about shipping catnip and/or catnip toys between Canada and the US. He said that there were new items being added in August as you said - he checked the list - but that there are NO RESTRICTIONS or bans placed on catnip or catnip toys and that there is no problems at all with shipping your toys. The telephone conversation with "Mike" was recorded at 11:50am July 29th EST :D I had him repeat himself several times.

DJFyrewolf36
07-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Debbie, I see you have expereince with dealing with the USPS (and business on the phone in general) :D good to make him repeat himself!!

catcrazylady
07-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh Gary I'm so sorry! You PM'd me and ask me to call them for you and I haven't had a chance to respond. I am so sorry!! Thanks to Debbie it is now official!! Catnip can come across the borders!! I know the American kitties are very very happy about that!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

sirrahbed
07-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Debbie, I see you have expereince with dealing with the USPS (and business on the phone in general) :D good to make him repeat himself!!
Well, I have learned to always ask telephone people to repeat themselves after I restate what I "think" I heard them say - AND for their names. Once I ask for their names - they seem to suddenly snap to attention. It is just a habit now and I jot this stuff down on my kitchen calendar. It has actually helped me out a few times!! I am neurotic :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
07-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Not nurotic, just careful! Besides, once you talk to the manager of anyplace over the phone and get the name...you can use it as leverage later ;)

catmandu
07-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Thank You Debbie,for clarifying that matter,as now the Found Cats all know that they can keep sending those Animal Welfare Mice,to thier American Cat Pals!