PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss talking to EVERYONE on PT!

davidpizzica
07-28-2004, 08:08 PM
To everyone at PT. Before I go on "vacation", I want to thank EVERYONE at PT for keeping me in their thoughts and prayers. It really means ALOT!! Meanwhile, for six days
I'll post my**S off!

slick
07-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by david p
I'll post my**S off!
butt....butt........where will it go? :confused: **groan**

I'm sure the sir jury will go well David. We'll be here waiting for you when you get back in the game.

davidpizzica
07-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by slick
butt....butt........where will it go? :confused: **groan**

I'm sure the sir jury will go well David. We'll be here waiting for you when you get back in the game. Slick, a little samaller, but still attached!

moosmom
07-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Davidp,

I'll be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers. Will you be going into a rehab center after your surgery, or is someone going to be at your place to help you out?

Take care and don't worry, everything will turn out fine.

davidpizzica
07-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Davidp,

I'll be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers. Will you be going into a rehab center after your surgery, or is someone going to be at your place to help you out?

Take care and don't worry, everything will turn out fine. I think I might go to a rehab center. The information I got was that if you live alone, they'll take you to a center. Sweetheart, thank you for being you!

Lillycat
07-29-2004, 06:34 AM
you know we will alllll be thinking of you.....and you know we are a lot of people out here....a miracle in itself... prayers will constantly be going in your direction....and soon this will all be but a memory...stay in good spirits!!!

anna_66
07-29-2004, 08:56 AM
And you will be missed:)

I'll be praying all goes well with your surgery.

CatMama78
07-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Oh gosh, when's your last posting day?! Good luck David. I know everything will be aok and even better, after the hard part you will feel better than ever. Keeping you in my prayers.

smokey the elder
07-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Good luck!

bluekat
07-29-2004, 10:56 AM
We'll miss you too!:) But I'm sure it'll go fine..Good Luck!

We'll be thinking of you!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-29-2004, 01:11 PM
We'll sure miss you and keep you in our prayers. Try to pick a rehab center that has Internet access!!!
Tell them it's vital to your quick recovery to be able to access Pet Talk!:D

G.P.girl
07-29-2004, 01:35 PM
oooo, supposedly rehab centers are ufn...that's what my friend told me anyway. they let her race around with this other girls in the halls in their wheelchairs. she was 12 though...not sure how they would take to a bunch of grown men tearing around...lol good luck ;)

AmberLee
07-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Good luck! You know we'll be praying for you.

Just remember -- keep breathing! :D :p ;)

davidpizzica
07-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
oooo, supposedly rehab centers are ufn...that's what my friend told me anyway. they let her race around with this other girls in the halls in their wheelchairs. she was 12 though...not sure how they would take to a bunch of grown men tearing around...lol good luck ;) G.P.girl, watch out if they give e a wheel chair!!

catland
07-29-2004, 03:16 PM
We'll be thinking about you. Hope it goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.

Miss Meow
07-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Good luck.

Good luck.

Good luck!

KYS
07-29-2004, 05:45 PM
will be thinking of you and sending many good
thoughts that all goes well.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Mario said he will keep your seat warm for you in the bar. Don't worry, we'll cover it in plastic first!
Hurry back! I'll be playing cards with that little cheater by myself til you get back!:eek: :D

davidpizzica
07-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Mario said he will keep your seat warm for you in the bar. Don't worry, we'll cover it in plastic first!
Hurry back! I'll be playing cards with that little cheater by myself til you get back!:eek: :D MOFF, I wish you luck playing cards with Mario! That lad needs at least three pairs of eyes watching him!!! LOL LOL

momoffuzzyfaces
07-30-2004, 12:05 PM
MOFF, I wish you luck playing cards with Mario! That lad needs at least three pairs of eyes watching him!!! LOL LOL
You've got that right! Maybe we can put the card games on hold until you get back. He can intertain himself with the slot machine or dancing disco!:D

davidpizzica
07-30-2004, 12:16 PM
You've got that right! Maybe we can put the card games on hold until you get back. He can intertain himself with the slot machine or dancing disco!:D I think he's better off with the slots. But he can keep my chair warm! (keep it covered though).

momoffuzzyfaces
07-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I think he's better off with the slots. But he can keep my chair warm! (keep it covered though). :D Will do! Those cherry and blueberry stains would be hard to get out! And I don't want to even think about a possible leaky diaper!:eek:

tatsxxx11
07-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Wish sir jury were today...you'd be so much closer to being home and back with your pals on Pet Talk! David, I'm a nurse and started off my career on the orthopedic floor then sir jury suite/recovery room. If you need a "virtual" private duty nurse, I'm at your service!;) Try not to worry and get your butt and bionic knees back here asap!!!:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

davidpizzica
07-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Wish sir jury were today...you'd be so much closer to being home and back with your pals on Pet Talk! David, I'm a nurse and started off my career on the orthopedic floor then sir jury suite/recovery room. If you need a "virtual" private duty nurse, I'm at your service!;) Try not to worry and get your butt and bionic knees back here asap!!!:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra Sandra, Virtual or real, I can use all the help I can get! One question, though, how long of a hospital stay do I have for this? Right now, I'm enjoying my last 4 days of freedom!! lol lol

trayi52
07-30-2004, 03:44 PM
David, I just want you to know I will be thinking about you, and will keep you in my prayers.

I have already went out and bought you a get well card, which I will send out sometime next week. I just want you to get well fast and get back here to us as soon as possible, my dear friend.

SO HURRY AND GET WELL, FAST!!!

Willie:)

Cinder & Smoke
07-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey David ~

WHAT Hospital are you going to be in????

Have you checked with the Hospital to see IF they have an
E-mail Delivery "Service" for Patients?

Many hospitals are offering it now -
They fix up the Volunteers with a hospital-owned puter & printer,
and a special E-mail Address.

Friends & Relatives can sent E-mails to that "Patient" address -
and the Volunteers will Print & Deliver it to the Patient's room.

I did it once (NOT a P-burg hospital) and they got delivered
the same day I sent them! :)
But I DID have to put the ROOM # and patient's FULL First & Last
name in the "Subject" line so they knew where to deliver them.

(And of course the content is NOT "private"!)
It usually only works ONE-way - IN-coming TO the patient;
no way to handle replies FROM the patient. :(

/s/ Phre

davidpizzica
07-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
David, I just want you to know I will be thinking about you, and will keep you in my prayers.

I have already went out and bought you a get well card, which I will send out sometime next week. I just want you to get well fast and get back here to us as soon as possible, my dear friend.

SO HURRY AND GET WELL, FAST!!!

Willie:) THANK YOU, Willie! You and everyone at PT are the greatest!!

carole
07-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Good Luck David and get well soon matey. I will be out celebrating my 13th yr of wedded bliss the day you have your surgery, but you will also be in my thoughts too, looking forward to hearing from you when you are back in Tip-Top shape , TAKE CARE!!

davidpizzica
07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by carole
Good Luck David and get well soon matey. I will be out celebrating my 13th yr of wedded bliss the day you have your surgery, but you will also be in my thoughts too, looking forward to hearing from you when you are back in Tip-Top shape , TAKE CARE!! Carole, I'll miss everyone here at PT, but there are three people that act like crutches to hold me up! You, Carole are one of the three. The two other crutches are Willie and Donna. You three people along with the rest of everyone at PT, have helped me face what is to come with less fear and more confidence. Thanks again to you three crutches (gee, I have to get used to those!) and ALL the people here at PT!!

gini
07-31-2004, 12:21 AM
David, you can count on my prayers that all will go extremely well and that your rehabilitation will be fast.

If you just keep Pet Talk in your mind..........gotta get back there to post by Thursday........and order a drink..........play with Mario...........have some onion rings...........your re-hab will go much faster.

You will be missed and you have all of Pet Talk behind you!

davidpizzica
07-31-2004, 02:25 AM
Gini, right now it's 3:13 a.m. here, and I'm sleepless in Pittsburgh!! The crumb of a boss wants me to go to work at 5:30! GEESH! I've said this this before and I'll say it again: PTers are the greatest group of people on the net!! My primary goal is to start bowling again, and my second goal is to come back and order a DOTD from RICHARD!! (too many exclamation points?)

Rachel
07-31-2004, 06:31 AM
The 3:00 am wake-ups, how well several of us know them. This anxiety before your surgery is probably much worse than the surgery or recovery experience will ever be. I've have several cousins who have had knee and hip replacements, all of which went very well. Best wishes and prayers are coming from out this way.

davidpizzica
07-31-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
The 3:00 am wake-ups, how well several of us know them. This anxiety before your surgery is probably much worse than the surgery or recovery experience will ever be. I've have several cousins who have had knee and hip replacements, all of which went very well. Best wishes and prayers are coming from out this way.

davidpizzica
07-31-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
The 3:00 am wake-ups, how well several of us know them. This anxiety before your surgery is probably much worse than the surgery or recovery experience will ever be. I've have several cousins who have had knee and hip replacements, all of which went very well. Best wishes and prayers are coming from out this way. Rachel, the anxiety of not knowing exactly what is going to happen will probably be worse than the actual surgery, I think that's why I'm past nervous and into scared stiff!!

ChrisH
07-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Aw, {{hugs}} David. I'm sure all will be fine.

Be thinking of you.

Good Luck
Chris

Randi
07-31-2004, 11:18 AM
David, I think you need a few slushies in the Bar - have some on me! :D Will send lots of positive thoughts that all goes well. :) Make sure they know which knee it is! :eek:

How long will you be in for? I hope my card will get there in time. :)

Best wishes for a succesful Surgery - don't dig too deep into the drugs and you come hopping back out in no time! :D

carole
08-01-2004, 04:16 AM
David I know you will be feeling really nervous by now, of course we are a day ahead here i forgot about that, so by golly that gives you one day grace, but seriously I can only imagine how scarey it is for you, and I am more than happy to be your crutch anytime lol.

I am sure you will be in good hands David, and I know all will go well, its not going to be a piece of cake as the saying goes mate, but the rewards will be at the end of it all, when you are again painfree, and that my friend will be pure heaven.

TAKE MUCH CARE AND HUGS.!!!!!!!!!!!

PS David when I left school many moons ago, I worked in a private surgical hospital, and saw so many hips and knees done, and even in those days they were marvellous, just think how quick the recovery would be now and the procedure must be perfected compared with over 30 yrs ago, hope that helps you feel a bit better.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I know just how to get you well as fast as possible. We can dress Mario up as a nurse and send him to take care of you! Keep your eye out for a hairy nurse wearing a diaper!:D

Karen
08-01-2004, 12:18 PM
David - at which hospital are you gonna be? What's your surgeon's name - just so we can direct prayers correctly!

rg_girlca
08-01-2004, 01:07 PM
David, if you have every bit of confidence in your doctors, then things will go more smoothly for you. Think happy thoughts on the day of your surgery like, PT, Thursdays, your sweetheart, Mario, ya know stuff like that. Before I went into for surgery, I was laying on a beach, under a palm tree, drinking Pina Colada's. Next thing I knew, I was in la-la land feeling relaxed.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
Prayers and positive thoughts heading out your way.

Rachel
08-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Rachel, the anxiety of not knowing exactly what is going to happen will probably be worse than the actual surgery, I think that's why I'm past nervous and into scared stiff!!

Having an anxiety disorder myself, I do understand *scared stiff*.
Please ask your doctor, the nurses, and other staff with whom you come in contact any questions you have on your mind. Also tell them about your anxiety, there may be something they can do to help. For me it has always helped to let others know just what I am feeling, it sort of diffuses some of the stress.

davidpizzica
08-01-2004, 02:21 PM
I know just how to get you well as fast as possible. We can dress Mario up as a nurse and send him to take care of you! Keep your eye out for a hairy nurse wearing a diaper!:D MOFF, better get him a nurses cap, too! Just to help him blend in! LOL LOL

davidpizzica
08-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by carole
David I know you will be feeling really nervous by now, of course we are a day ahead here i forgot about that, so by golly that gives you one day grace, but seriously I can only imagine how scarey it is for you, and I am more than happy to be your crutch anytime lol.

I am sure you will be in good hands David, and I know all will go well, its not going to be a piece of cake as the saying goes mate, but the rewards will be at the end of it all, when you are again painfree, and that my friend will be pure heaven.

TAKE MUCH CARE AND HUGS.!!!!!!!!!!!

PS David when I left school many moons ago, I worked in a private surgical hospital, and saw so many hips and knees done, and even in those days they were marvellous, just think how quick the recovery would be now and the procedure must be perfected compared with over 30 yrs ago, hope that helps you feel a bit better. Carole, I went by nervous two weeks ago. I'm now into scared stiff! Thank you, Carole for caring SO MUCH! I just can't stand waiting! BTW, one thing I'll miss doing is driving. I'm just about to pay my car off, and I won't be able to drive for awhile. I'm sorry I'm starting to ramble on here. Carole, you are on beautiful person!

slick
08-01-2004, 03:28 PM
David, do you have anyone to collect your mail for you while you're in hospital?

davidpizzica
08-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Slick, I'll have my brother come by the house and pick up my mail. Then he can give me the cards. He's going to make sure the cats are fed and watered, too. Slick, BTW, I'm starting to get alot more nervous as it gets closer!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Slick, I'll have my brother come by the house and pick up my mail. Then he can give me the cards. He's going to make sure the cats are fed and watered, too. Slick, BTW, I'm starting to get alot more nervous as it gets closer!
Can we bribe your brother to give us an update on you from time to time? Maybe he could email Mayor Karen and she could post a thread?:)

slick
08-01-2004, 10:01 PM
David: with all these cards and such arriving, I sure hope you've got a huge mailbox.....;)

I know that sir jury is scary but please know that the Pet Talk prayers continue and we know that you are going to be OK.

davidpizzica
08-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi, Slick! It's 1:04 a.m. here in the 'burgh, and I kept waking up from these silly dreams. Like just now I dreamt that I was PMing the entire south pacific!! My dreams ARE WEIRD.You know, I think Nikki & Daisy sort of know that there is something wrong with their owner. I'm just getting more anxious as it gets closer!

carole
08-02-2004, 07:40 PM
David I think you are right , cats are very sensitive and they will know something is up with you, Geez David I am starting to feel nervous for you over here, just thinking about it, I know in my heart you are going to be just fine, but it is an anxious time for you ahead, and we all feel for you, and wish you the best.
Here is my pic , since it did not work the other way, this should, I have posted it many times before., sorry it is in paint and will take a bit longer to open, for some reason it got saved there.

Take care now.:)

QueenScoopalot
08-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Best wishes for the most speedy recovery in the U.S! Scary thing to have to endure, but once it's over you'll wonder why it took so long to get a new knee! My neighbor Joe had his replaced only about 3 weeks ago, and is already climbing stairs with it! He's had his hip done, endured cancer etc. but bounces back like I hope you do quickly! Your kitties await you! And PTrs too! ;)