PDA

View Full Version : This has really been bothering me...

Tonya
07-28-2004, 04:24 PM
I hate bringing up sad things, but this has really been on my mind. Last week (or maybe two weeks by now), I was driving on a freeway in LA. Traffic was nearly stopped (as usual :rolleyes: ). Anyways, in the center divide, there was a coyote. It was laying there, looking up at me. It felt like we locked eyes. It was really hot outside and the coyote was panting really hard. I don't know if it was injured or just to tired and trapped from traffic to move. I wanted so bad to stop and help it. But, I know that could have been a disaster in itself if I'd gotten close to it. To top it all off, my cell phone was dead. I really hope that someone called for the coyote. And I also hope that there was a good resolution. I can't really imagine how animal control (or whoever) would sucessfully get the coyote out of such an odd spot without it getting injured. Anyways, I'm sorry to bring up something depressing, but it's been bugging me.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Awww, Tonya, that's awful. How sad. What a bummer that your cell phone was dead, that stinks.:( I hope that coyote is ok by now.

kingrattus
07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Animal Control should have no problem removing it without death.

10 yrs ago when I worked at L.A.W.S (lanarl animal welfar society) they caught 4 part wolf/dog 8-1 year old pups. They were very wild & they ran into major problems when they were put into seperate kennels.

The wolf/dog's went mad caused by being seperated. They ended up bring the 2 out door dogs in from their run & put all 4 in there cause it was easy to herd them without being tied up on the poles or dragged by their necks & it was the only completely fenced in run. They did not want them getting loose.

The wolf/dogs were not destroyed (they were there not even a day and a 1/2), they were relocated to an animal reserve for wolf mixes, or injured wolves (or something like that), but they were fixed first, because they were not pure & they got all their shots & were tagged.

So it was a happy ending :)

captain
07-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Tonya,

Things like that bother me too ....... but I am sure that someone behind would have made that call.
Dead phones are a bummer.............

{{{hugs}}}

stacwase
07-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Yah - I'll bet that somebody called right after you drove by and it was picked up and taken somewhere safe.

It is really sad to see an animal suffering like that.

Tonya
07-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I'd like to think that someone called. Gazillions of people drive those L.A. freeways. The coyote kind of caught me by surprise. I guess, I don't really associate wild animals with LA. But I suppose that they still live in the hills. I don't know SOCal all that well, but I think I was a little north, like Hollywood or so.