PDA

View Full Version : I Can See!

Kfamr
07-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Sort of!!

I got contacts today, and well They tested for Glaucoma... The drops they give you for that blurr your vision up cloase. It's driving me INSANE because I can kiss my dogs witout seeing them as a big blob! But, it's supposed to waer off in 2 hours
If this has many typos, blame the eye doctor cause I can't sit 10 feet away to type.:p

*LabLoverKEB*
07-28-2004, 03:34 PM
So happy to hear that you can see now, Kay! Hope the drops wear off soon.

Amber
07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Thats Cool! Sorry about the drop things. I'm going to be getting contacts sometime, but I was wondering do they hurt?

Barbara
07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
The effect of the drops will be gone in some hours;)

dukedogsmom
07-28-2004, 03:54 PM
I've never gotten the drops before because I've always been by myself. How did you like the contacts?

anna_66
07-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I know how having those drops is, you can't really see anything for hours and the sun or any light will blind you!

I'm glad you can finally see (well sort of anyway;) ).

CountryWolf07
07-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I know how having those drops is, you can't really see anything for hours and the sun or any light will blind you!

I'm glad you can finally see (well sort of anyway;) ).

No kidding!

slleipnir
07-28-2004, 06:53 PM
I Can See!

ME TOO!!! OMG!!1111one!1 (had to do that again lol)

I've never really had that so I have no idea o_O

Kfamr
07-28-2004, 07:43 PM
EWGEGGDFGAD ACK! I still can't see. I took a nap thinking it'd wear off while I was sleeping.. but noooo.

It's the most annoying thing EVER. It's like my vision is reversed, cause I could see fine up close, but now I can't see anything up close. This BETTER wear off by tomorrow because I'll go insaie inf it doesn't.

Like I just said to Audrey on AIM...I feel like an old person. :p You know, how some older folks have to hold everything out to see it? :p

I was telling my mom... I can admire how handsome Simba is from afar but when I go in for the kiss he' resembles godzilla. :p

Amber -- It doesn't hurt at all. It feels a bit incomfortable at first, but then they feel like nothing's in there. It does hurt if you can't see what you're doing and end up having to poke your self in the eye 50 million times.:rolleyes:

It was dificult putting them in and taking them out though because I couldn't see what I was doing in the mirror. THESE STUPID DROPS!!!!!

The eye doctor is in the mall, so my dad and I grabbed something to eat afterwards... I ended up NOT eating my food because it was driving me insne that I couldn't *see* my food...... could see my dad's across the table perfectly.. but noooo,, not mine.

If I just repeated myself at all don't blame me.... I can't see! lol

Uabassoon
07-28-2004, 08:51 PM
I've never gotten the drops before, but I hate that test where they blow the puff of air into your eyes. I always keep blinking and eventually they just give up.

Kfamr
07-28-2004, 09:00 PM
UGH.. I took my contacts out and Now I CAN see up cloase, just not far away!

I wonder if they gave me the wrong script ???

UGH.. Tomorrow Val & I go to Orlando to see Cincy's Mom -- I want to be able to see!!

dukedogsmom
07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey, it's a good thing you're not driving :p

Karen
07-28-2004, 09:10 PM
You can't see close up because the drops relax the muscles that cause your pupil to contract. I have had this done, if you look in the mirror when it's first done, your eye will look nearly all pupil - more startling for me because I have light colored eyes (blue/grey). When the drops have worn off entirely, your pupils will be back to normal size.

That's not for glaucoma, by the way - that test (which I hate, but ...) is so they can check your retina, and your nerve connected to it, and make sure there are no tears, or that your retina isn't about to detach. I end up having it done every couple years because I am extremely near-sighted, and those are the people at highest risk for detached retinas.

The glaucoma test they do now - at least the one I had a few months ago - is no longer the "puff of air" one you mentioned, Uabassoon. Thank goodness, I always jumped and then wacked my head on the thing they put behind you. Owww! Now they measure the pressure some other way, no pain or puff involved. Ask next time you go!

Kfamr
07-28-2004, 09:12 PM
She told me it was to test for glaucoma and other diseases.

Like I said, I STILL couldn't see with the contacts in up close.. but now I can see fine up close, just not far away. :mad:

Why can't my eyes be normal.

KYS
07-28-2004, 09:32 PM
I think you are brave just for wearing contacts.
Everyone in my family wears them but
I am to chicken too. ( have this thing about
anything near my eyes or in them)

Luckly, I just need reading glasses right now..

For the glaucoma test using eye drops.
I am pretty sure my eye Dr. uses this machine
that blows air in my eye. (I haven't had the
drops for years.)