PDA

View Full Version : She's such a dork....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-28-2004, 01:54 PM
...but she's so adorable. :D

The little flick where it seems like the video "burps" is where she actually flipped her foot. I'm surprised she didn't get water spots on the camera because they certainly hit me in the face! :rolleyes: :D

CatMama78
07-28-2004, 02:09 PM
OMG! That's so adorable. It's like she's testing the quality of the water before she takes a real drink :).

anna_66
07-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh Debbie that is so cute:D

Catsnclay
07-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Lucky does the same thing!! :eek: :eek: Has to "test" the water from the bowl to the paw then the mouth before drinking directly.....must be a kitty thing.

Reminds me of Robert from "Everybody Loves Raymond" - who has to touch food to his chin before it goes in his mouth :rolleyes:

catlover4ever
07-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Debbie, are you sure Peanut and Abner are NOT related. Abner does the exact same thing. He does it with his water, milk, dry food and wet food. :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
07-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Awwweeee!
:D :D :D

aguu
07-28-2004, 03:21 PM
That is so cute!!

rg_girlca
07-28-2004, 04:13 PM
It has to be a cat thing. My Mooky does the same thing.

But that video is just sooooooo adorable the way she circles the bowl first.

bluekat
07-28-2004, 05:51 PM
That is so cute!:D Blueberry does that too, and instead of licking his paw after, he paws the floor:p

catland
07-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Oh Peanut, you are just so precious and dainty and cute.:D

sirrahbed
07-28-2004, 05:58 PM
OMEGOSH that is so cute!!! Looks like princess Peanut does a happy dance first - or else cannot decide which paw to use to test the water with!!:D What a sweetie!
Meowmie! How dare you call this Princess a dork? *GASP* :eek:

BitsyNaceyDog
07-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Raisin does that too. I've always thought it to be a long haired cat thing. Maybe it is?? After all both Peanut and Raisin have long hair. It's just so cute to watch them do that.

AmberLee
07-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Peanut, honey, you might be taking the Maine Coon thing a little too seriously. But, you look so darned cute in your little video, who am I to complain?

{{{snugglies, sweetie!}}}

sirrahbed
07-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
Raisin does that too. I've always thought it to be a long haired cat thing. Maybe it is??
I dunno - Dylan is long haired and likes to drink that way too! So messy!!

jazzcat
07-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Aww Peanut is so cute, not a dork.

Ripley does the pawing thing on the table but he finally stopped sticking his paws in the water a few years ago. I keep a bowl of water in the big window in the kitchen and he would always dip his paws in and then "paint" on the windows. I always wanted to let him really try painting with real paint but I was afraid I'd never get it out of his fur. He made beautiful smear art all over the windows so I'm sure his canvas work would have been masterpieces!

Tonya
07-28-2004, 11:33 PM
How cute!

catcrazylady
07-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Your meowmie called you a DORK!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif Shame on her!
Some of mine do that too. I kind of came to the conclusion that they do it so the water ripples and they can tell where the water level is. Although Ms. Peanut I don't think it is necessary to go completely to the bottom of the bowl!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif Mine usually paw the bowl or tap the top of the water. Since I got the freshflow fountain they don't do it anymore. Except for Pepper Jack who like to stand on the fountain and attack it!!

For whatever reason Peanut you have got to be the most beautiful dork I have ever seen!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Killearn Kitties
07-29-2004, 08:13 AM
You just can't be too careful, Miss Peanut! You had probably read about those icebergs that AmberLee put in her cats' water and were just checking that nothing could bump your precious nosie! :D

CatDad
07-29-2004, 08:18 AM
That is sooo cute.:) Tell your mom that you are not a dork, you just need to make sure that it is water.:)

I have seen Bob eat dry food with his paw, but never water. Loved the video, thanks!

catmandu
07-29-2004, 08:56 AM
That is Funny,and The Library Cat Club loved it as well! The Found Cats do that too,and I am suprised that after all this time,that they dont know that it is water!

smokey the elder
07-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Everyone knows that quality control is very important.:D

RedHedd
07-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Aww Princess Peanut! You are definitely too pretty to be a dork! You're just testing the waters .... SO CUTE!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
[B]OMEGOSH that is so cute!!! Looks like princess Peanut does a happy dance first - or else cannot decide which paw to use to test the water with!![QUOTE]
Debbie, she paws at the floor like she's a bull with a red flag in front of her. She does this every time she takes a drink. Usually she will stick her paw in next, but I have seen, on the rare occassion, where she does her bull imitation and then just drinks....if you can believe it. ;) :D [quote]Although Ms. Peanut I don't think it is necessary to go completely to the bottom of the bowl!!! :D :D I saw her heading for the bowl and I just happened to have camera in hand from taking Tubby pics so I followed her. Never did I guess she would "perform" so well. I had to control my giggling so I could continue to film. :D

Hmmm...I wonder if there is something to this long haired theory? Does anybody have a short haired cat that does this?

Thanks everybody. She's my adorable, sweet little dorky princess. :D

Oh, and one last thing. Here's another video I posted awhile back that Debbie may not have seen. This shows Peanut pretending to be a little bull. :rolleyes: :D

Vermontcat
07-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Peanut is so cute with her little water ritual!:D
I loved the videos!:)

DJFyrewolf36
07-29-2004, 11:29 AM
LOL the bull kitty one is great too!!!

csanchezveloso
07-29-2004, 12:06 PM
THAT IS ADORABLE!! great video!! oh he's too much!

jazzcat
07-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Aww, love the bull video too!!!

QueenScoopalot
07-29-2004, 06:55 PM
WAYYYY too many of the resident & fosters have drinking problems here! Sashay (who needs a home) is the worst! She'll unload an entire bowl of water across the basement floor. I got smart in the kitchen and put the water bowls into a large plastic storage bin...and then the puppy chewed it up. But it still contains the floodwaters here! :D :D :D Peanut is NOT A DORK!