PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we all just get along?

chrangharris
07-28-2004, 06:22 AM
I need some advice. My one kitty, Oreo, has been sick the last few days. We had him locked up in our room on Sunday and Monday to monitor his eating, drinking, and output. He also went to the vet on Monday to get some medicine. On Tuesday, I let him out because he was eating, drinking and acting a bit better- still sick but better. Now, our other 2 cats are having a fit. They are hissing and growling at him. They used to all get along just fine and play and sleep together. Is it because he smells differently and this will pass once he gets better? He is also wheezing a bit which could sound like he is hissing at them?????? Any ideas??

Craftlady
07-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Probably because he smells different because of the medicine and he was isolated from them for few days. He had that "vet office" smell. Also, just being sibblings. Hissing one minute and snuggling the next. :)

catlover4ever
07-28-2004, 07:14 AM
I'm with Craftlady....when you took Oreo to the vet and were in the vet's office, he got the scent of the other animals on him and because that scent is not familiar to your other 2 they are upset by it. Give it time and I'm pretty sure things will return to normal.

chrangharris
07-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the reassurance- that's what I was hoping it was. With the new baby, I'm hoping they all calm down before she comes. That is going to be upsetting enough on them!

catcrazylady
07-28-2004, 07:57 AM
EWWWWWWWWWWEEEEE!!! Momma he stinks!! He smells like the white coats place!! Keep him away from us......YUK! :eek: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

catmandu
07-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Dont worry,as that has happened at The Found Cat Hotel,even to thne Much beloved MrScrappy,when he was going in on a weekly basis,to help with his diabetes,and kidneys!They will recognize thier Pal ,Soon!

chrangharris
07-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
EWWWWWWWWWWEEEEE!!! Momma he stinks!! He smells like the white coats place!! Keep him away from us......YUK! :eek: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

That is exactly what they are like! I'm glad to hear I'm just being paranoid! They usually all go to the white coat place together so this is a new experience for all of us!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah, what CCL said. ;) :D

This has happened to other kitties here on PT. Nothing unusual and it will go away in a day or two as Oreo starts smelling "normal" again. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-28-2004, 09:44 AM
I agree, the others are just paranoid cause a kitty brought the evil vet smell HOME and they know that they weren't the ones at the white coats, but they know the smell is there! It sends a lot of kitties into a tailspin cause it is so confusing.

"This had better not mean you're bringing those white coats here!"

Give them time, once they realize that its just a smell on Oreo and not the white coat invasion, they'll chill out!

Freckles
07-28-2004, 10:37 AM
How about wiping a towel on the stay-at-home cats and transferring their smells to Oreo? Might speed up the get along process. :)

chrangharris
07-28-2004, 01:54 PM
I'll have to try that one!

Freckles
07-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Well, did it work?:)

chrangharris
07-29-2004, 08:29 PM
I wiped one on Ezzie and was able to wipe it on Oreo. Everyone is calmer today!!!!

Lillycat
08-04-2004, 03:01 AM
prolly, it will all be okay again soon.