PDA

View Full Version : Love Licks or Salt Licks?

Harley
07-27-2004, 05:16 PM
My big orange and white boy, Bo, loves to lick me - arms, fingers, legs, and (tee hee) toes! They're not long, extended grooming licks but sweet, gentle, short licks. This started several months ago with just a few slurps, but now I probably get around 200-300 tongue caresses a day, (those are individual licks - not 300 licking sessions! I wouldn't have any skin left, if that was the case!) :p

I've heard that cats will lick humans for the salt from their skin, but Bo's licks seem more like kisses than a need for salt. Besides, he'll often lick right after I've had a shower so my skin is clean and salt-free. What do y'all think? Is Bo giving me love licks or salt licks?? (Please don't just tell me what I want to hear - I'd really like to know what's behind Bo's oral fixation.)

sirrahbed
07-27-2004, 05:28 PM
hmmm...I do not have an answer but I also have a licker! It is my Dylan and it began fairly recently - the last several months. I think it is something good because he has also become more affectionate and allowed a few belly rubs. He will give me maybe 4 or five little licks and then snuggle down and repeat this maybe 2 or three times a day - so not as often as your Bo. I think they are kisses:D

Cinder & Smoke
07-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Boots, da Kat, does his "luvin" in the Bathroom...

Whenever I'm "lightly clothed", he'll deliver headbutts,
rubs, and Luv Licks from the knees down...

But, with a *twist* :rolleyes:

I get anywhere from 6 to a dozen nice *LICKS*...
followed by a quick cocking of his head...
and then...

:eek: *WHAM* ...
A very TOOTHY, *SHARP*, PAINful Luv BITE :mad:
delivered to whatever body part (often a poor, defenseless TOE)
that he wast just so affectionately *kissing*!

:mad:
:rolleyes:

Katz - Gotta Luv em - If you don't Bleed-to-Death first!

:p

/s/ Man-Servant to Boots, da Kat

catmandu
07-28-2004, 09:08 AM
I know taht The Found Cats lick me,for Love,or in that JJJ3,for Whiskas Temptations!

aki
07-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Whenever I put lotion on, Chuck won't leave me alone! He will come up and lick my leg or arm, even my face! I think he thinks I'm dirty and trying to clean me up. If he is grooming, and I come up to give him a kiss, he will always give my face a little lick, like a kiss. I love that!

trinity
07-28-2004, 10:30 AM
To add another to the list of lickers, my Kunan will spend 15 minutes, any time of the day, cleaning my fingers and my hand in general. I was thinking it has something to do with the "salt" but maybe not? He is a long hair cat (or atleast he was until last weekend when he got his summer hairdo) but are the others long or short hairs? Just kind of curious....

sirrahbed
07-28-2004, 10:43 AM
My licking Dylan is long haired...

aki
07-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Chuckie has long hair too.