PDA

View Full Version : Remus, the worlds biggest pain in the...

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Butt! That darn cat last night, I don't know what got into him! He was darting around the house going ape $hit and knocking all sorts of stuff over! I even sprayed him with the squirt bottle to get him to chill...it didn't work. Hrm, I'm begining to wonder if he found and ate the bag of catnip I got for his scratching post...

Weird thing is is that he went to sleep when I did last night and this morning when I got up he was at the whole catfit stage again :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

RedHedd
07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Earthquake coming? Change in weather? Because it's Tuesday? Who knows why they do this .... it is one of the great mysteries of catdom.

Lacey
07-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Oooo! Oooo! I bet I know why he's acting up! I do! I do! And the reason is...

Just because he can!

Seriously, though, Remus is young and full of playful kittenish energy. You know how little ones are - always have to be into everything! :D

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Yep, kitten to the core. Whats wierd is normally he is as mellow as can be. Usually he is sleeping in the bathtub...I guess he is happy we got the AC to work. Not roasting makes even me hyper :D.

Tonya
07-27-2004, 12:44 PM
I get excited when my cats get in those moods! Ron is getting old and lazy, he rarely gets crazy anymore.

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Kitty Crazies are:

Funny when they play with boxes and bags and act all cute and kittenish

Annoying when you realize they've been secretly shreading your toilet paper too!

:D Gotta love kittens!

sirrahbed
Is the moon full?:D I don't know what gets into them sometimes. It is just like you say - they go ape$hit for no apparent reason - probably just because they can. Plus - Remus is still a kitten - right?? Maybe he still has leftover hormone from his bit removal. If it WAS a vasectomy he had - he will still HAVE his hormones the way I understand it:eek: He just is sterile. oh MY! He may be an eternal kitten!:eek:

CatDad
I am with Lacey on this one, I think that you will just get random bouts of happy kitty while he is still young.

Of course it could be the earthquake thing too.:eek::)

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
The last earthquake he just looked at me as if the sleep disturbance was somehow my fault. :rolleyes:

Uh oh Debbie, John(hubby) has a dog that got his bits removed too soon and is now the eternal puppy (Kind of odd for a big German shepard). When we move into a house the dog is coming with. MIL said *she has the pupster now* that Remus and Shiloh were the two biggest terrorists...

And to think, they'll be together again soon!

Should I give up on decorating with anything other than animal hair lol?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Is the moon full?

Actually, yes, any day now. And not only full moon, but it's a blue moon. So those things that "only come around once every blue moon" will be coming around in the next couple of days. :D

I think Remus is just happy and playing and yes, getting the A/C fixed will do that. T & P are the biggest slugs in the world when it's warm and we don't have the A/C on.....not that they're much more than that when the A/C is on :rolleyes: ...but you know what I mean. ;)

Just be glad he sleeps while you're sleeping. Otherwise you could be putting up with catfits at 2 and 3 AM! And one last comment....the only other thing that might help is if he had a friend *hint hint* but I know that'll have to wait at least until you move and get out of that apartment.

We haven't had pics of the little devil lately. Debbie are you on it? ;) :D

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2004, 03:06 PM
The little devil pix should be up tomorow :D or tonight if mom can post the pix she scanned to Photobucket. When we move, he is most assuredly going to have several friends! *Im moving to an area with a really bad ferral cat and kitten problem, Im more than likely going to get into fostering and rescue. They need a lot of TNR help out there.*

A blue moon huh? That explains a lot actually...thanx T & P!

When I went home for lunch today, he basically decided to stick to me like glue. I could NOT pet him enough!

And now Im still trying to get all the hair out my nose lol!

Sighs...I love my little Remus bum :D

lizzielou742
07-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Silly Remus, you better stop bouncing off your Meowmie's walls before you drive her insane!! ;) :) :)

CatMama78
07-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Kitties are c-r-a-z-y, and I do believe so are we, hence all of our connections with them :D . Wilber and Oreo go nutty all the time, espescially at night, lol. They just like to keep me on my toes, I figure. Someone, named Wilber, dug a hole in the box spring the other night!!!! GRRRRRRR - I would be mad, but I'm kitty whooped.

jazzcat
07-27-2004, 03:42 PM
I think it is just life with a kitten, a male kitten especially.

Ripley used to go wild and he'd even stalk and attack me. It took him about two years to get over that wild kitten behavior. Jazz, my girl, on the other hand has never done it. I'm thinking it's the difference between male and female but I don't have a lot to base that on, just them.

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I've noticed that too Jazzcat at least in the kitten years!

sirrahbed
07-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
We haven't had pics of the little devil lately. Debbie are you on it? ;) :D
Me? I don't do that stuff anymore. I have provided my very best OJT - the rest is....up to you guys http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/angel-smiley-008.gif

catcrazylady
07-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Me? I don't do that stuff anymore. I have provided my very best OJT - the rest is....up to you guys http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/angel-smiley-008.gif

Anyone want to place bets on how long this lasts??? http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

DJ I love the ape$hit behavior!! I usually have something broken when they are done but I love it!! Every morning when I'm trying to get ready Pete, Pepper Jack and Leroy are flying through the house at high speed! Up the cat tree doing ninety, sliding on the hardwood until slamming into something, in my drawers, in the armoir, scooting rugs all over the house, and slinging hair all over my work clothes!!! I smile and laugh the whole time and I pray they NEVER stop!!!
No matter how bad they are being it is usually pretty funny don't you think? I love BAD kitties!!
:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

DJFyrewolf36
07-28-2004, 09:50 AM
It is absolutely hilarious! This morning, I got up and Remus was doing his whole catfit thing, then he hopped on the bed and gently sat on paw paws chest and headbumped me to be petted! I wish I had gotten a pic!

Paw paw: "See, honey. This damned cat always walks all over me and I can't do a thing about it"

Me: "Why not?"

Paw paw: "He's too darn cute to be mad at!"

LOL I guess we know now who has who trained!