PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog like going for rides?

DogLover9501
07-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Our dogs *LOVE* going in the van, we take them alot of places lol, my mom and I usually take them everywhere with us, but not if we have to stay long, because we don't like them waiting in the van.

Piddle likes it the most, his head is always turning non-stop! He looks at birds, people walking, dogs walking, children running/riding bikes...etc.

They are all REALLY good in the van also, very quiet!

What about your pups?

swimma253
07-27-2004, 09:12 AM
MEEKA LOVES GOING FOR RIDES!!!!!! Whenever you say... Going for a ride?!?! She goes NUTS!!!!!! She barks and runs around and jumps and it is hilarious. But We have to be careful not to say Are you going for a bike ride? or somthing like that around her because then she thinks you are teasing her!!! lol:D Also when she is in the car her head is always sticking out the window!!! Lol she whines if the window isnt open!

binka_nugget
07-27-2004, 09:17 AM
My dogs don't love car rides but they don't hate it either. Kai usually sleeps on the floor. Kaedyn likes to sit on the side seats in the back.

primabella
07-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Mickey just likes to go places.. anywhere the family is going. We always take him with us to my grandmothers house or for short rides in the car (like to pick someone up or something). He has his own seat in the van or if he'd like to have his head by the window (usually), my mom will hold him in the passenger's seat. He loves the wind. ;)

Samantha Puppy
07-27-2004, 09:41 AM
If you say the word "bye-byes", "car", or "go" to Samantha, she goes nuts. She absolutely LOVES getting in the car and going somewhere - anywhere. We've actually had to start calling our car "the vehicle" because even if she hears you say "car" in a conversation - not specifically ASKING her if she wants to go in it - she'll go crazy. Darn dog's too smart for her own good.

cloverfdx
07-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Clover and Elvis love going for rides even if it is just to the supermarket or any other short trip. Clover stands up the whole 8 hours on our interstate road trips :eek: she loves to look out the windows and cannot miss anything. :D

Tina
07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Ginger loves to go for rides and Reggie she doesn't really like it as much.

sirrahved
07-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Muff LOVES rides! She gets to take them several times a week.

Amber
07-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Katie is terrified of car rides. She pants, sheds like crazy, and whines. She probably gets motion sickness from it.

But Elvis LOVES car rides. He is so perfect when were in the car.

heinz57_79
07-27-2004, 11:06 AM
ALL of my kids LOVE car rides! they all try to get the best window seat. Chloe and Charlie love sitting up front so they can hang their heads out the windows. :)

Cazi
07-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Amber absolutely loves going out in the car. She is like Meeka - has her head stuck out of the window. :D

Toller 42
07-27-2004, 11:33 AM
my dogs don't mind car rides, they would prefer to walk though!
Echo likes to stick her head out the window too, she can't do that when Tango's with her though. We opened the window for her and she almost jumped out:eek: so a few weeks later we tried again and she did the same thing! so now we don't let her stick her head out the window.

ComedyDevil
07-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Ollie loves car rides but gets annoyed because he's too small to see out of the window. Squid is clever and climbs on Toby co he can see. Toby likes going places but hates the car ride because he gets climbed on :p

BitsyNaceyDog
07-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Charlie and Bitsy both enjoy car rides, but Buster usually just sits on my lap. When Bitsy was a puppy she would go with me everyday to pick my sister up from school. She loved that, but my sister has graduated now.

dappledoxie
07-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Claire loooooves to go for rides, Rebel just gets sick now, he used to never get sick. Niki just pastes herself in a spot and won't move, she whines, doesn't care for car rides at all. lol

anna_66
07-27-2004, 05:33 PM
No................

THEY LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

All I have to do is give them "the look" and they know they're getting to go somewhere! They'd go everytime we did if they could!

KYS
07-27-2004, 05:43 PM
All the dogs love going on car rides.
THeir just propably happy to get away from the house. ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Sadie absolutely LOVES going for rides in the car! She can't get enough of it!:)

cocker_luva
07-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Jesse loves it. whenever we get out her leash, its either for a walk or a car ride! :rolleyes: either way, shes getting somethin good! <sometimes its either a car ride to a place to give her a walk> :D

lovemyshiba
07-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Of course, it depends on the dog--they can't ever be easy can they??:p

They all get excited if I ask if they want to go for a ride, but only one truly loves the car.
Riley doesn't enjoy it at all, and has to be lifted into the car.
Abbey despises it, and throws up on the five minute ride to the vets office.
Kito acts like he doesn't want to get in, and whines for about ten minutes when he's in there, but then he just stands up the whole time and watches out the window.

.....and then there's Jada--she just LOVES going in the car--if she's going, she'll beat me into the driveway!! She gets in front of the door, and there's no stopping her. She just loves it!!!