PDA

View Full Version : dem convention?

joycenalex
07-27-2004, 06:54 AM
did anyone else watch? i do make it a point to watch both of them, have since 1976, and i do read both party platforms, even though i'm a democrat. that kid who played the violin was wonderful, amazing and the images were heart breaking. i missed mr carters' and mr gores' speeches live, but i saw them later. i think mr clinton is a better public speaker then ms rodham clinton is. the speeches were very well written, and their points were carefully crafted and telling shots. mr clintons' pointing out how how mr bush, mr cheney and he all missed veitnam service, but john kerry went; using the metaphor of captaining a gunship to carry into captaining the ship of state were very pointed

Pam
07-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Didn't watch and don't plan to.

Karen
07-27-2004, 07:19 AM
I heard parts of Mr. Clinton's speech, saw some of it, too. Didn't exactly "watch," but it was on in the other room, so I could hear it.

So far the biggest impact the DNC has had on me this year is difficulty grocery shopping - all the trucks are delayed because of closed roads and detours around the convention, so I had to ask one of the guys to see if they had any half-gallons of milk in the back, as many of the shelves were much barer than normal.

Lots of Bostonians I know have fled the city for the week!

sirrahved
07-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Watched part of it, but then DH and I could stand no more and turned it off.

caseysmom
07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pam
Didn't watch and don't plan to. [/

QUOTE]
Do you plan of voting? Imo if you vote you need to be aware of all the issues on both sided.

Soledad
07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
My husband is there for work. I watched most of it last night and am hosting a party on Thursday during Kerry's speech. Watching Clinton up there last night made me teary eyed for a President who can actually communicate.

RICHARD
07-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
Watching Clinton up there last night made me teary eyed for a President who can actually communicate.

I know what you mean....

I remember when the new channels showed that piece of tape when he was asking about "IS".

:confused:

Soledad
07-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Sorry, Richard, I have no idea what your point is or what you're talking about.

nibblets
07-27-2004, 02:16 PM
I watched it and I was impressed with the speeches given. Al, Jimmy and Hillary did well but when it comes to really giving a good speech I don't think many, if any, politicians can hold a candle to Mr. Clinton. Whether you agree with him or not, you have to give him kudos for knowing how to hold a crowd.

I am especially interested in learning more about our democratic candidates and what their ideas are.

Also, is it just me or does Sean Hannity make you want to throw stuff at the TV? That man is so biased and spins everything so far to the right.....auggggghhhhhh! He's like he is stuck in a tape loop.

joycenalex
07-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Pam Didn't watch and don't plan to.
pam, will you watch the rep convention in new york?

sirrahbed
07-27-2004, 08:22 PM
I have been watching yesterday and tonight - but when they started playing the song "We Are Family" .....I had to go throw up. I have seen enough.

Pam
07-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
Originally posted by Pam Didn't watch and don't plan to.
pam, will you watch the rep convention in new york?

I will watch parts of it but don't plan to watch the whole thing.

Caseysmom, I know where the candidates stand on the issues so I wouldn't be watching the conventions to learn anything. Following the news and reading the paper is a much better source of information.

Edwina's Secretary
07-27-2004, 08:32 PM
but when they started playing the song "We Are Family" .....I had to go throw up

Were they off-key??? out of harmony???

sirrahbed
07-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Were they off-key??? out of harmony???
all of the above and more.
I never did like pep rallies.
right now, politics makes me sick anyway.
how can any political party claim to be family??

Edwina's Secretary
07-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Well....is it any different than companies that refer to their employees as "family"? congregations that are "family", the military "family" or the family of man????

I remember when the new channels showed that piece of tape when he was asking about "IS".

Speaking of veracity.... do you remember when GW dressed up as one of the Village People and talked about "Mission Accomplished?" Depends on your definition of "mission" and your definition of "accomplished"....right?????

Soledad
07-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Or what about weapons of mass destruction program related activities? :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
07-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Well....is it any different than companies that refer to their employees as "family"? congregations that are "family", the military "family" or the family of man????

I puke at those too Sara. Guess I am now a cynic, eh?

Pam
07-28-2004, 05:47 AM
employees as "family"? congregations that are "family", the military "family" or the family of man????

or the Mafia...:p

joycenalex
07-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Pam
or the Mafia...:p ...and i wondered how mr bush talked mr powell into the cabinet...i'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse....;)

joycenalex
07-28-2004, 07:22 AM
in my opinion, mr kennedys' speech wasn't his best, seemed a bit flat, maybe time and age? mr reagan jr is not the speaker his father was. obama rocked...not a liberal america, not a conserative america, but a united states of america..good phrasing. and i dozed off (long work day:rolleyes: )after that one. any other opinions about the speeches?

RICHARD
07-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I could be wrong, but doesn't 'Ta Raise A' Kerry look like she just had a valium??

Behind that facade there are quite a few wheels turning.

lizzielou742
07-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Barack Obama is my new hero!! ;) :D

Logan
07-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Barack Obama is my new hero!! ;) :D

Everything I have heard, even on conservative talk radio, was very positive about him. I was definitely impressed with the quotes I heard, although I have not been watching the convention.

RICHARD
07-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Question??

If that kid gets a timeout for using bad language does that mean that Kerry gets a double time out for using an F bomb in rolling stone magazine???

Jenna B gets the death penalty for sticking her tongue out.

And lets dock Cheney's wages for telling that senator to "F" off.

Tah Raise Ah Kerry Heinz gets a slap on the wrist for a 'shove it..'

Hmmmmm, What ever happened to good old politics like, "You are no Jack Kennedy"??????

And forget the timeout for the kid using the 'f' bomb....I would have smacked their rear and washed their mouth out with soap.....

But then again look at what we did, we gave Saddam a 'TIME OUT'......what an effective way of dealing with folks....

;)

AbbyMom
07-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Depends on your definition of "mission" and your definition of "accomplished"....right?????

Ah ha! Another student of Bill Clinton! Or is it just influence?