PDA

View Full Version : Went to the vet again today,*good* updates & pics!!!

DogLover9501
07-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I am VERY high spirited today, for the first time in a long time, it feels like we're getting somewhere...

Today we went to the vet to get Jasper's pills...

We want to put it down to just 1 pill every other day

He has to take them like this....
2 tablets twice a day/every 12 hours for 2 days
1 tablet tiwce a day/ every 12 hours for 5 days
1 tablet once a day for 5 days
And then...
1 tablet every other day

I told her that he didn't seem to be like this in the winter, so she thinks it could be something that grows in summer that bothers him, and if that is the case, we *may* be able to take him off predizone for the whole winter.

We can also give him/his organs breaks(take him off it for a little bit, or just give one a week)

Also she said we should notice a difference in 24-48 hours and that his hair will start growing back on his eyes and paws, and I can't wait!!

She also said that when he gets even more handsome(the hair comes back) to pop him in there ;)

Sometimes I feel bad, like I know that every pill I give him could be wearing down his organs, but atleast he's not ripping himself apart

It basically feels like a lose-lose situation

Well, kinda pointless I guess, just updating

*EDIT* Also forgot to add, he's going to get his stitches out on Saturday morning

*EDIT* I also added a couple pictures, to give the thread a bit more um pointness :p

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v129/dogluver9501/Jasper/111.jpg

Getting a milk bone
http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v129/dogluver9501/Jasper/222.jpg

:)

MariaM
07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Yay! That's great news for Jasper! I really hope things have taken a turn for the better!

dukedogsmom
07-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Maybe he'll start feeling a lot better now :) You can experiment with his pills and then you can find out how much he needs. He might not need them all the time and that would save his organs. That's the way I do Duke with his hip medicine. Glad to hear at least you've found some way to cure his misery.

DogLover9501
07-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks Maria :) I don't think we're going to find out much more

DogLover9501
07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks Val, we must have posted the same time ;)

Yeah the vet told us we'll know how much he needs and we can test the ammounts.

She also said we can keep trying other things(shampoos, foods..etc) because the more we find that helps, even a little bit, the less predizone he needs.

I definatly want to save his organs as much as possible, especially since he's just 10 months old

Amber
07-26-2004, 08:41 PM
He's just adaorble! Give him a BIG hug for me :D I hope he feels better soon!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Awwww Jasper, you're such a handsome man. :)

I hope he feels better soon!

Dogz
07-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Aww, I am so sorry he has to go through all of this. You are both handling it all so well.

Such sweet pictures. I am hoping that Jasper feels better soon. :)

anna_66
07-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Well I hope things are going to be looking up for Jasper:)

Lots more hugs and kisses being sent his way!

DogLover9501
07-27-2004, 12:04 AM
:(

Tonight...I just lost it, and broke down

I was trying to seem happy with everything, and acting happy..etc, but I guess Im just scared....and I feel guilty for giving him these pills that could hurt him, I don't want anything to hurt my baby :( :( :( :(

I just couldn't stop crying, and my mom got up at 1am and we made fruit salad and she stayed up with me until now(2:30 am)

:(

GoldenRetrLuver
07-27-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm so sorry, Robyn. :(

I know you must be going through a hard time. We all know you would NEVER hurt Jasper; and you only want to do what's best for him.

Keep your chin up, and hope for best, okay? We're all here for you, and we all want Jasper to get well.

{{{Big HUGS for you and that handsome boy}}} :)

cloverfdx
07-27-2004, 04:01 AM
Oh Robyn {{{Hugs}}} i am sorry. :(

You and Jasper will both be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

You are a great Mama to Jasper and you are doing all you can to help him.

{{Hugs}}

pitc9
07-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Keep your chin up honey!
Were all wishing Jasper good health!!!
And hugs to you!!:)

DogLover9501
07-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Thanks everyone, Im trying to keep my chin up, but it gets really hard!

Julie- Thanks {{{Hugs}}} Also Jasper was given your hug ;)

Rhiannon-{{{Hugs}}} back to you too ;)