PDA

View Full Version : sheep farm!!

cali
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
hehe ok ever since I got into border collies I have wanted a sheep farm, well now my mom is very into the idea, and my grandpa said its alwasy been his dream to have sheep soooo we were already planning to move to a a farm in abbotsfort, next year, the place we are looking at already have 1 mobile home on the land, and we would put on another, my grandparents would be living their too, so we have started looking into sheep, how the sheep buisness is around their etc... sooo next year we are moving to BC and starting up a sheep farm! :D the main thing for me is I wnat to breed BCs but I want to breed REAL BCs so to do that I need sheep lol

Toller 42
07-26-2004, 01:32 PM
That sounds like it will be alot of fun!

binka_nugget
07-26-2004, 02:14 PM
:eek: :eek: Another BC Pter!!!!! You know, I've been thinking about adding a BC after I have my business set up... I've always said that if I go to a breeder, the BC is going to be from working parents so I can actually go herding with it. Hmm.. :D Once you start breeding, I'll have to talk to you more about it.

cali
07-26-2004, 05:44 PM
lol yup, and you could come out to my farm to work the dog too :p we are planning to have approx. 50 sheep because average is 45 and apperntly we have to be above average lol my mom said vancouver is an hour away from abbotsford its not like that is a long trip to come out and work sheep ;) my mom says their is a lot of flyball out their lol none that I know about but whatever :rolleyes:

now I am hopeing my friend can come out their with us, she was in tears for hours today because her parents dont treat her right, I am the only person she is allowed to hang out with, and if I am not there then what? her parents are very controling she is not even allowed to go to her room or get a drink without her parents demanding to know what she is doing, they dont trust her at all, and the poor girl has been running the house by herself since she was 8, and nobody can figer out why her parents dont trust her, she cant do anything without getting in trouble, she is terrified of her parents because if she even just tells her mom that she did what she was told to do she gets slapped in the face for talking back, she wants out as soon as she can, she is turning 15 this year, so next year she will be old enugh to leave, but she is afraid of her parents hunting her down :( she wants to come with us, because lagally she can, she is just so terrified of what her parents will do to her if she does :(

binka_nugget
07-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Aw.. :( That's horrible. If she can legally leave them, it sounds like she's far better off going with you guys.

When do you think you'll have your first litter? It'll probably be at least 5 years from now until I'm ready for a fourth dog (third one is most likely a Collie lol). Will Misty be the mom? :D

That would be great if I could herd with the dog at your farm. Abbotsford isn't too far compared to the other farms I've found. And we'd get to see each other pretty often.

I'm having a heck of a time finding flyball clubs. There's one I went to but HATED them. They were all smoking right by me, rude and didn't seem too enthusiastic about flyball. There's a couple out of Vancouver but I don't think there's a single flyball club in Vancouver. They're all out in Langley, Surrey and the Abbotsford area. I'll probably end up joining one out there after I get my car. Who knows? Maybe we'll end up in the same club LOL.

Weee! I'm so excited. You're pretty much my dream bc breeder LOL. I was having such a hard time finding a breeder that does the things you do.

cali
07-26-2004, 06:23 PM
first litter? lol no idea, Misty may actually have her first litter this year, thats would be my moms doing though, she wants height dogs, my mom has this dream to breed the perfect height dog for flyball, I think she just wants a BJ out of misty to start that off :rolleyes: I dont plan to breed her myself till she is proven at least somewhat on sheep, then I would pick a stud that exels in herding, who knows when that will be though, I would have to get settled in the new place first, and have everything with the sheep and what not completed lol my grandpa plans to build and renovate the stuff, etc.. and he may be moving out to the propertie sooner, we would have to get the sheep farm established, and Train happy and misty on sheep lol blair too for that matter, I mean they are regarding very highly for herding in france ;) lol Misty is most likley be the mom, she has shown promise with stock, she has exelent control and stock respects her, she can be ruff when needed and soft when needed, she does not have too much "eye", exelent temperment, awsome structure.... etc.. lol

carole
07-26-2004, 07:38 PM
If ya ever need extra sheep , there are more sheep here in NZ than there are people lol, nothing like good ole kiwi lamb, I love border Collies, that is all we ever had on our farm, the short-haired variety, great dogs, great companions too.

How exciting moving to a farm.!!!!:) :)

PS I hope your friend can come with you, her home-life sounds apalling, poor girl, fingers and paws crossed here for her.

cloverfdx
07-27-2004, 10:54 AM
That is so exciting, what a life being surrounded by real BCs and sheep :D

I hope your friend can move in with you, that sucks about her parents :( :angry:.

I will ask around and see if anyone i know, knows anyone in the BC area, you never know. That or start up your own team ;).

Goodluck with everything i hope it all works out. :D