PDA

View Full Version : Chloe had an unexpected trip to the Vet!

sasvermont
07-26-2004, 12:49 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a scab on Chloe's neck. The following day the scab had been removed and the sore looked as though it was healing. I assumed she had been bitten by her buddy JuniRose, during one of their famous wrestling matches. Well, this past Saturday I had scheduled a vet checkup for the new bunny, Denver. That morning I looked at Chloe's neck and it seemed to be reopened and icky looking. Sure enough, she had an abscess and was put on antibiotics and hot compresses for a week!

The rabbit is fine and healthy but I wonder about my cats. I hope it was an accidental bite and not one that meant to kill! Chloe and Juni have slowed down now that Chloe was spayed and the temperatures outside have soared!

She is easy to pill, thank goodness, and the hot compresses, well, they are not a hit. I can see a change to the positive now that she is on meds twice a day.

CATS !!! =^,,^=

Barbara
07-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Oh Chloe, we should have taken you with us!

However I am sure Juni and her were just playfighting- it cannot have been serious.

All the best and thousand kissies:)

Vermontcat
07-26-2004, 01:21 PM
I hope Chloe feels better soon.
Do you have any new photos of your cats and bunnies to post?
I would love to come up and visit if you want me to take some photos.:)

Randi
07-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Oh poor Chloe, I hope she's not in pain! I'm sure the antibiotics will take care of it though. :)

Juni Rose, slow down the wrestling, Chloe needs a rest!

Get better soon, Chloe!

sasvermont
07-26-2004, 01:55 PM
I haven't been using the camera lately, as the newer rabbit arrangement is leaving the house looking a wreck! I have gates up everywhere and then dear, sweet, Cinnamon, is dragging hay all over the place, marking her territory at the same time. I think I will banish them both to the porch for awhile, keeping them fenced from each other. It is just a matter of time until they get along, but it isn't any fun until then!

I will try another setup tonight and maybe take a photo or two.

You are welcome to come over this weekend, Zoe. I will have McDoogle again, too. (I just found this out today, when I went to return him after having him for a week already!.....!)

Barbara, shall I ship Chloe? I know how much Siegmar loved her! She is feeling better now, I can tell. She was very quiet for a few days......now she is all lovey dovey again!

Pets......

Christiansmommy
07-26-2004, 01:57 PM
I hope Chloe is feeling better and the wound is healing. I'm thinking it was accidental. Have fun pilling her and applying the compress. :) Animals...can't live with em, can't live without em ;) I am pilling Dale twice a day for the next 2 weeks for this "bug" or parasite, or worm, or whatever it is...he is good about it too, though...and i too, am seeing progress in him!!

HUGS to Chloe :)

Robyn

Vermontcat
07-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Sas, I will get back to you by Friday about this weekend.
My husband is going on a business trip to Boston so the kids and I will have some free time this weekend.
Hugs to all of the furry campers from me!:)

Barbara
07-26-2004, 03:26 PM
If it was not for a journey of more than 20 hrs.... A pity there is no direct flight connection Burlington/Munich. Siegmar keeps talking about Chloe.:D

Kissies for all your three. Plus the two:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Awww...poor little Chloe! I'm sure it was not intentional on Juni's part, and I'm glad to hear it sounds like the wound is doing better already. Juni and Choe, please play nice! You don't want to be worrying your meowmy like that now do you?

And SAS, we don't mind what state the house is in. Matter of fact, I think it would be cute to see hay all over from Cinnamon. I don't know much about bunnies, but I think they're adorabe and marking their territory with hay sounds equally as adorable. Of course, that's easy for me to say 'cause I'm not cleaning up hay on a regular basis, but please don't let that stop you from taking and posting pics. It's all part of being a pet owner. ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2004, 04:51 PM
I sure hope that Chloe heals up quickly and feels better soon. I'm glad to hear that she's fairly easy to medicate.

I agree that we need to see some new pictures of your gang.:)

Edwina's Secretary
07-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Edwina has been welcoming me home by beating up on Eddie. (sigh) I told her about Chloe as what I thought would be a lesson. Her response..."What does that have to do with me?" I think it sunk in though...they are sitting peaceful now.

Best wishes to Chloe...another bunny????

jenluckenbach
07-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Poor Chloe but I am sure it was just accidental.

Karen
07-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Matter of fact, I think it would be cute to see hay all over from Cinnamon. I don't know much about bunnies, but I think they're adorabe and marking their territory with hay sounds equally as adorable. Of course, that's easy for me to say 'cause I'm not cleaning up hay on a regular basis, but please don't let that stop you from taking and posting pics. It's all part of being a pet owner. ;) :D

What you don't know, having never owned a house bunny, is that hay KILLS vaccuum cleaners. Kills 'em dead. I think porch banishment (where hay can be swept overboard and called "mulch" while the weather is nice enough is a good idea. It will be nice when they decide to get along, won't it?

sasvermont
07-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Karen, you said it. I was horrified when Winter was dusting the house with hay, then Cinnamon came along, and was pretty calm with her hay. Now that Big Boy Denver has arrived, Cinnamon has lost it! She is not only spreading the hay, she is pooping in it! Nice!

The new arrangement is up and on the porch. I put a blue tarp on the indoor outdoor carpeting, then newspapers, then the fencing......and then Denver inside the fencing. I think Cinnamon is actually enjoying having HER ROOM back in service and then sitting next to him through the fence, on the porch. Denver looks happy too! Once I sweep and vacuum again, I too will be happy!

I finally took some photos of the mess, cats included! I will post them here once they download!

;)

sasvermont
07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid131/p26b65dd6fe504bec8dfa7b168a8481dc/f7afdbd1.jpg
Chloe here! See the thing on my neck? It is much better now. And look at this mess on the floor outside the "rabbits' room"... My mom hates all this mess! Cinnamon is a happy camper now that she has her room to herself again!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid131/p230837253f025c55011ae6405172762f/f7afdbe0.jpg
Cinnamon enjoys her space!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid131/pabc65e180fa498eb5ec634e46b63aa77/f7afdbec.jpg
Here is the big boy, Denver, enjoying his new digs! He just jumped into his water bowl a minute ago. I am so glad he is on the porch now. I hate a messy house!

We hope to have more photos tomorrow!

The Campers

P. S. Juni likes to eat rabbit droppings! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Edwina's Secretary
07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Dear Sas...

I hate to be the one to break this to you...but I'm think "I hate a messy house" and "two bunnies and three hyer- kitties" are mutually exclusive!

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Wow! Denver sure is a big boy and quite handsome too.:) Thanks for the pictures.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the pics, SAS. Yes, Cinnamon does look happy to have her room back. :)

And no, I didn't know that hay killed vacuums! :eek: Interesting though, I wonder why, is it just too much roughage for it?

I always smile when I see pics of Camp Vermont - never a dull moment. ;) :D

Steffi N
07-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Chloe, I am glad that the wound on your neck is healing.
Denver, I am happy to meet you.

Always happy to see new photos of the Camp Vermont Gang.

shais_mom
07-26-2004, 11:33 PM
coming in late to this.
Chloe, am glad you are feeling better.
I love your pics!

Barbara
07-27-2004, 02:53 AM
Chloe I want to kiss your little neck and it will be fine soon.

Juni: don't eat that stuff. You don't need as many veggies:D You're a cat:D

Vermontcat
07-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks for posting a few photos here Sas!:)
I just saw your new post in Pet General about Cinnamon.
I hope all your campers feel better soon and then we can make a plan to visit you later in August.