PDA

View Full Version : Great News!!!

shais_mom
11-01-2001, 12:45 AM
This is awesome!!!!
CAT & HER KITTENS FOUND ALIVE IN WTC RUBBLE
----------------------------------------------------------------------
38 days after the tragic events in NYC, a family of cats were found alive in the
WTC rubble. Vets believe a cat gave birth to her three kittens while trapped in
the debris-strewn basement of a restaurant at the site. The astonished rescue
workers heard the crying animals, and found the mother very thin, suffering from
pneumonia with an eye infection from the debris. Vets believe that she would
have died within 24 hours if she hadn't have been found - and her babies another
24 hours after that. All the cats are being treated and will be available for
adoption when healthy. They have been appropriately named Hope, Flag, Freedom
and Amber - all representing patriotic sentiments expressed in "The Star
Spangled Banner" and "America the Beautiful."

aly
11-01-2001, 12:59 AM
Ok, I was already in tears because of Kia's beautiful story and now I am just a mess. I WISH I could adopt all of those cats! What a true miracle. How heartwarming it is to know that there will be hundreds of people wanting those cats and I'm sure they will go to a good home. Maybe to a kid who lost a parent in the tragedy?

yorkster
11-01-2001, 06:34 PM
That is such a good story! Thank you for posting it.

Logan
11-01-2001, 07:27 PM
Someone added on to a WTC story in Cat Rescue about this miracle cat and her kittens recently....thought I would lead you to that posting...its about 6-8 messages into the original post. There are articles there for the whole story...

Thanks, Staci, for bringing it to our attention again.
http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000068

Kirsten
11-02-2001, 12:57 PM
I'm so happy to hear this, it's almost like a miracle! Hope the mommy cat and her babies will recover from this and find good homes where they can forget these days of horror!

Like the recue of Precious, the persian, this is another heartwarming story and good news in these sad times!

Kirsten

Golden Smiles
11-03-2001, 11:46 AM
What a miracle!! Thanks for sharing that Staci, i hadn't heard that! Very heartwarming!!