PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a professional massage?

Sweet Sixy
07-25-2004, 10:18 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here has every had a professional massage before? My boyfriend got me a gift certificate to get a massage for my birthday, but I've never been before. I was wondering what peoples experiences with it were. I must say I'm very exctied about it though!

Uabassoon
07-25-2004, 10:35 PM
I've gone a few times, I love getting massages. I always feel so relaxed afterwards. Usually though when I go I request a female because I'm a little uncomfortable having some strange man massage me.

Tonya
07-25-2004, 10:37 PM
My old roomate used to have this girl come to the house once a week. I never had that kind of money, but every once in a while, I'd have her massage me while she was there.

teenster3
07-26-2004, 12:38 AM
I can't say that I've been lucky enough to get one of those yet. :p One of my friend's goes quite often though & loves it! She said it's VERY relaxing & soothing. They give her headphones to listen to, healthy snacks (& drinks) to munch on. Having all those stressful days/moments gone in an hour, who could resist?!

heinz57_79
07-26-2004, 12:48 AM
I've had a few... Usually deep tissue/swedish type. Had one on my b'day on the 17th... aromatherapy... soooooo nice!!! We're going to get stone massages tomorrow... can't wait! Always wanted to try it. I LOVE getting a good professional massage, but i'm with UABassoon... I prefer having a woman do it, since i really don't want some random guy with his hands all over me. :)

Lillycat
07-26-2004, 06:05 AM
i looooove them!

lizzielou742
07-26-2004, 08:01 AM
I loooooove massages!! I would highly recommend one! I get a full-body massage as often as I can afford to - about every 3 months or so!

anna_66
07-26-2004, 08:37 AM
YES! And it is the most relaxing thing! Your going to love it:D

sirrahbed
07-26-2004, 09:09 AM
YES!! I do not go often but I love it. I have been to two different places. There will be a private place to remove your clothes. You can leave on underwear or go naked if you want and then get on the table under a sheet and let the masseusse know you are ready. You are always covered with a big sheet or towel so if you are modest - do not worry! They only uncover one bodypart at a time and are very respectful and professional. Mine will ask if I want full body or just partial (like neck and back, etc) and light massage or deep tissue. I like the deep massage on my neck and back personally but a full body is also nice- because then you even get toes, fingers, feet, face - the full treatment!!
I have had only women and that is what I prefer. There is a man at our gym who does the Shiatsu (deep Japanese) style while what I have had is Swedish massage and is called Reiki. My massage starts with me on my back and then on my stomach with my face in a donut looking thing that is padded. The room is dim with soft music and the oil is scented with peppermint and lavender. The masseuse can always feel bumpy places that are very tender and she pushes on them, kneading until they burn a little bit and then they are gone! She tells me they are built up lactic acid deposits?? I don't know - but she can ALWAYS find exactly where the tension is!! Sometimes, she will use a vibrating machine on the large muscles of my back. I also get migraine and have gone in several times with a migraine and left without it! The massage gets the blood flowing better. When I leave I feel so totally relaxed and just wonderful!!! Oh and you will be VERY thirsty when it is over so drink allot of water to wash out the toxins!
I hope you let yourself completely enjoy this pampering experience!!

moosmom
07-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Oh yes, and it was heavenly!!! Lights are out, candles burning, soft music playing. I actually fell asleep. Good thing I didn't snore!

Samantha Puppy
07-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Nope, never have. I kinda want to try it but I have back problems and can't feel my right leg, so I'd be paying for something that could possibly cause me discomfort in my lower back and wouldn't be able to feel at all on my right leg... so... it ranks up there in actual importance just behind a pedicure. Can't take full advantage of it so what's the sense in shelling out all the money?

Freckles
07-26-2004, 02:53 PM
I had my first massage last week, for my neck and shoulders.
I couldn't believe it when she said my half hour was up!
Fastest half hour ever!:)