PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Skootch

felinefanatic
07-25-2004, 09:48 PM
I have not logged on to my favorite site(Pet Talk) much lately because I lost my beloved Skooth on july 3rd. I got skootchie over 15years ago! I responded to an add in the paper selling striped grey tabbie kittens for 5 dollars. All of the kittens were cute but skootch was so adorable and very playful. Skootch loved me so much, I later got 3 more cats and I love them all but none of them love me like he did, he was my best friend. I have never known a cat quite like him and I have known a lot of cats!!

Every night for 15 years skootch has slept on the bed with me, right up by my face. He would purr him self to sleep, unfortunantly for me I didn't get any sleep till after he fell asleep, because he purred so loud!!

Skootch was one of those cats that actually played fetch (in his younger years) he loved to retrieve plastic forks, he was so funny!!

Putting my beloved Skootch to sleep was the hardest thing I have ever done, but it was time for him to go and I did not want him to suffer. When I took him to the vet she gave him the shot and checked his little heart to make sure he was gone but saddly his heart kept beating!She gave him another shot and finally his heart stopped. I know this sounds crazy but I know that he didnt want to leave me, his body was ready to die but his soul was not ready to leave me! Even the vet was surprised and she said he must have been a very special cat, and he was. I will never forget my skootchie, I miss him, Catrina my other cat who has never known life without him mourns his death too. Skootch will be missed by every one who has known him, he was one special little guy. :(

Denyce
07-26-2004, 07:46 AM
I am soooo sorry you lost your beloved Scootch. I know from experience how hard it is to make that decision but it is the most loving thing you can do for them. To end suffering and allow them to pass to the Rainbow Bridge in your arms. *big hug*

He knows how much you love him

Denyce

jazzcat
07-26-2004, 11:01 AM
I am so sorry. It's so hard to lose a best friend.

Rest in Peace sweet Skootch.

sasvermont
07-26-2004, 11:07 AM
This message brought tears to my eyes. I am sure you loved your boy more than words can express. My heart goes out to you. I, too, have put a couple of my cats down, and boy was it difficult. Many of us have been there, and it will never feel good to us. May your heart rest easy, knowing you did the right thing for Skootch.

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Skootch's passing.:( I know how hard it is to lose one of your furkids. You'll see each other again some day. RIP sweet Skootch.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-26-2004, 05:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Skootch. :( The only thing I can offer is to please not be a stranger to PT. We are here for you in times like this and I know many many many PT'ers have been comforted by the others here when a beloved pet was needed at RB. So pour out your grief here and we will listen and grive with you and offer our cyber shoulders for you to cry on.

RIP Skootch, you will be dearly missed. :(

AmberLee
07-26-2004, 05:34 PM
So sorry to hear that Skootch has gone on to the RB. I'm sure you miss him very much. It's good that he did not suffer towards the end. :(

Killearn Kitties
07-28-2004, 07:14 AM
I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Skootch. The loss of such a personality must leave a big gap in your life. People here love their pets and understand how you feel. Many have had to face this situation themselves. :(

Rest in peace sweet Skootch.

prechrswife
07-28-2004, 07:24 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. RIP Skootch.

Cataholic
07-28-2004, 07:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Skootch. As mentioned earlier, many of us have been there, and can share in your sadness. The most humane thing any of us can do is let go of our loved ones when the time is right. Sadly, that is also the most devastating path to take, as well. May you be comforted by the memories of 15 years with Skootch, and be blessed by knowing he is looking down over you. You will meet again. RIP, Skootch.

catmandu
07-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Condolences,on the Loss Of Skootch,he was a Great Cat!

catmandu
07-28-2004, 09:35 AM
That was the best 5 Dollars,taht yiou ever spent,and I know that Skootch,over thepast 15 Years,paid you back,a Billion Fold,for being his Guardian,and giving him that Wonderful Furr Ever Home! And I felt the same way,about Mr Scarppy,that he wanted me to take him home,and make things all better!Bit The Good Lord neede a Cat Greeter to help guide The New Rainbow Bridge Arriavals,as he did for Yearsat Tbhe Found Cat Hotel. RIP Skootch,And have Fun,every Day!

slick
07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Skootch. How lucky you were to have found each other. RIP Skootchie.

Equus217
07-29-2004, 01:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Skootch. He sounded like a wonderful cat and I know how you must miss him. My first kitty Garfield I picked out of a cardboard box when I was 3 years old. He was with me all the way to college. I too had to make the difficult decision to end his suffering...and I came to believe it is a true testament to how much you loved him. It would have been selfish to allow him to suffer...you sent him to a beautiful place where he is happy and healthy AND waiting for you to be reunited someday!

You made the right decision....

R.I.P sweet Skootch!:(

felinefanatic
07-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Thank you everyone, for the kind messeges. Since posting Skootch's memorial on Pet Talk, I actually feel a little better, I still miss him terribly but it feels good to know there are others out there just like me who adore their kitties as much as I do. I am glad we have this wonderful site to express how much we love our Pets.

rosethecopycat
07-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Skootch, you lived every cats dream, to be loved all their life.

Godspeed to the bridge Skootch, wait for your human to scoop you up once again.

Equus217
07-31-2004, 02:17 PM
felinefanatic,

I forgot to mention, but I purchased a candle from a Pet memorial store, you light it every Monday at 10pm EST with everyone around the world missing their pets. It's been a wonderful source of comfort for me. My candle sits on my nightstand by a picture of my RB Lola (who I lost this May) and my wonderful 1st kitty Garfield. I also light it on other days when I am just plain missing them...it really helps to think maybe they can see my little light shining from up above!!!:)