PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of a puppy or kitten shower?

jazzcat
07-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Apparently that is becoming a big thing around here, to throw a puppy or kitten shower for someone who just got a new pet. I was in Target yesterday picking up some litter and I heard two ladies discussing it. One said she needed to pick up a dog toy for someone's puppy shower and then she explained how it is happening a lot lately especially since so many people are waiting so long to have children and get pets instead. She said she had been to several.

I'd never heard of it before so I'm just curious if it is popular everywhere. I don't think Knoxville is on the cutting edge of the latest trends. I think it's a cute idea though. Since I've never had a skin baby I'd love a furbaby shower.

Who knows maybe the pet stores will start a gift registry, LOL!!

MariaM
07-25-2004, 12:21 PM
I have NEVER heard of that before, but I think its a great idea!:D

Kfamr
07-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Never heard of it... I WANT A PUPPY SHOWER DARNIT! :p

sirrahbed
07-25-2004, 12:42 PM
:D That sounds like a cute idea!!! I have never heard of it before though. Maybe it has not hit Ohio yet - or I just do not have any pet crazy friends here:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
07-25-2004, 01:08 PM
I thought you ment to acctually take a shower with your pet :o

So when you said

Originally posted by jazzcat
Apparently that is becoming a big thing around here, to throw a puppy or kitten shower for someone who just got a new pet.

I thought the first time I read through you said "Apparently that is becoming a big thing around here, to throw a puppy or kitten in the shower for someone who just got a new pet"

I was like :eek: :eek:

Then I re-read it and thought DUH.

I want a puppy shower for Con Con!!

Ashley :D

jazzcat
07-25-2004, 01:11 PM
LOL Ash!!!!!

catnapper
07-25-2004, 01:28 PM
I've never heard of it... but what a cool idea! It could be lots of fun! But of course your guest list would need to comprise only pet lovers! ;)

Now, I need to think about who I know is getting a new pet and then throw them a shower! Too cool!

K9soul
07-25-2004, 02:20 PM
I haven't heard of one before, but it does sound like a cute idea! There are showers/parties for weddings, engagements, babies, and housewarming parties, why not a puppy/kitten shower :D

NoahsMommy
07-25-2004, 06:12 PM
I have heard of them, but I've never been to one.

I typically buy a little something when someone I know gets a new furbaby. Its fun to welcome them. :)

Come to think of it, at Hallmark, they carry cards that say "Congrats on your New Dog/Cat" that I've boughten before. And, when I was a Target last, I saw these cute announcement cards for getting a new dog/cat.

CUTE!! :)

Rhodie
07-25-2004, 06:18 PM
I've never heard of it but what a cute idea!

Lillycat
07-26-2004, 06:21 AM
great idea ......fun, too. also a wonderful idea for any get-to-gether theme-wise, eh? i bet petsmart jumps on the idea of a pet registry....smile.....

AmberLee
07-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Not exactly a shower, but when I first got my kittens (almost 5 years ago now), I was given 'cat warming' presents by several friends.

:D :D

Toller 42
07-26-2004, 02:24 PM
i have heard of puppy farewell parties! people do this when their dog has puppies and it comes time to give them away to new homes. the owner of the mother usually gives the puppies to their new owner with a gift bag filled with treats, toys a collar/leash set and sometimes they include bandanas. I have never been to one of these though but I have seen them on T.V and my grandma went to one when her friend was picking up the puppy they chose to take home! My grandma says they're kind of neat and fun!

Samantha Puppy
07-26-2004, 02:35 PM
This is the first I've heard of them... I love animals as much as all of you but man... this is pushing it. It's just a little too over-the-top for me. Getting a kitten or puppy is a big thing, but it isn't on the same level as ohh, say... getting married or having a baby.

jenluckenbach
07-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

Now, I need to think about who I know is getting a new pet and then throw them a shower! Too cool!

This could be reason enought to adopt Ian ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2004, 05:13 PM
No, I've never heard of this either but I think it's a wonderful idea.:D I don't have any skinkids of my own either. I only have furkids.:)

Amber
07-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Awww never heard of it, I want a puppy shower for Elvy!