PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Bugs !!!

jenluckenbach
07-25-2004, 05:52 AM
To say I have a phobia about insects is putting it mildly. I am so pertified that I honestly believe that if a bug would touch me that I would die of heart failure. For example, we found carpenter ants (those big black ones) in our bedroom one time and I would not sleep in there for over a month.

With that little piece of info let me tell you what awaited me this morning.

I opened the door to the stairs that goes up to the fosters' rooms and right there at eye level (up a few steps away from me, thank goodnes) was the biggest bug I've EVER seen. This thing must have been 3 inches long. I have no idea what it was and I did not care, the screams probably woke the neighbors.

How the H#!! did something that big get into my house in the first place ?!?!?! And what if he has friends !!!!!!

catnapper
07-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Jen, I guess with all the rain we've had this year, bugs are having a heck of a good time! Every few days Pouncer seems to get his paws on these HUGE Beetles! I mean HUGE! They are all longer than an inch and with those big yucky claws and green irredesent bodies. YECH!

Last night, I walked intot he bathroom and both Allen and Pouncer were sitting in the doorway highly focused on something... yep a big green monster! I screamed for everyone to come rescue me from this monster while I was trying to put a much squirming Pouncer into a permanent grip so that he can't escape and attempt to eat the monster! This was the third time it happened, and even the girls have no problem coming along, picking the bug up WITH THEIR BARE HANDS and setting it free into nature. All three times, Pouncer glared at me when it was all over.! :D

ECK!!! I'm all icthcy and squirmy just thnking about it!

Kfamr
07-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Try having BIG RED ants!

A while back we had a large group of HUGE red ants infest our hot tub. There were 'flying' ones and all.:eek: :eek:

sirrahbed
07-25-2004, 08:05 AM
Ants don't bother me too much but those carpenter ants do!!! They are SOOO big they make my flesh crawl. Most bugs DO freak me out and a green monster definitely would!

Jen- did you save that bug to figure out what it was? A beetle? Three inches? *shudder* My skin is just crawling to think of it.:eek:

Still - I don't think anything freaks me out like a cockroach. I think those years in the south scarred me. YUCK. Those creepy little feelers and the way they move so fast. I can feel my heart pounding right now!!:eek:

popcornbird
07-25-2004, 08:54 AM
I woke up this morning to like ten mosquito bites. :rolleyes: I found the mosquito in my room, but when I tried to kill it, it disappeared. Great.........now I'm going to get bit some more until I find it. I hate bugs too!

boscibo
07-25-2004, 09:11 AM
I hate bugs too. Man, I hate them. Especially in the house. Luckily my cats let me know when there's one inside. But the thing is, they rarely catch them. Neither do the dogs. It's like they just want to bat them around. So I grab and empty yogurt container and a piece of heavy paper and trap the bug and let it outside (except wasps - I get them with a newpaper because I'm afraid of being stung if I trap them. I feel really bad about killing them, but I don't want me or my pets getting stung).

It has taken me years to be able to trap bugs. I used to be a lot worse. I would freak and call my SO to do it, but he is not around all the time.

I remember one time I was coming out of the cat's room and I saw a wasp coming straight for me. Flying right at eye level. I grabbed the cats and locked myself in my bedroom for an hour before I had the nerve to go back into the house. I knew I had to get rid of it, my SO was at work and wouldn't be home for hours. I grabbed a rolled up newspaper and saw the wasp was on the window screen. I just started wacking at it, my violence surprised me. It took about ten wacks to kill it and I was shaking afterwards. I felt guilty and started crying. It was horrible.

But I did it again the next time I saw one. Luckily we don't get too many wasps in the house.

But having three dogs who go in and out all day long, the time the doors is open does allow bugs to fly in.

Lillycat
07-26-2004, 06:27 AM
not into any of the bugs aforementioned......yes, the cats do alert one and i go into a frenzy until i get whoever.....i am allergic to mosquitoes and they just loooove me, so i avoid those times of day when they are most frisky.......guess thats why fall and winter are my fav's......fewer/no bugs!!!