PDA

View Full Version : Who are you?

Tonya
07-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Sometimes I forget how old people are, rather if they are male or female, married, single, etc...

I thought it'd be nice if we all post a little about who we are.

Tonya
07-25-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm Tonya...I am 26 years old and married. I have a 7 year old son, Jaden and a baby on the way. I live in California. I'm in construction for the phone company, my husband is an electronics controller for a corn plant. I have 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 3 snakes.

Amber
07-25-2004, 12:25 AM
neat idea!

I'm Amber, i'm 14 years old, i live in St.Marys, Ohio. I'm a 8th grade student, and I have 2 dogs, and 2 rodents. I'm single, lol :p and I enjoy being with my family & friends, and definatly my dogs.

binka_nugget
07-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm Ashley but I also go by AJ (middle name is Janice) as well as just Ash. I'm 16 years old, grade 12, live in Vancouver, British Columbia. Just two dogs and a cone (biscuit) here.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-25-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm Julie. I'm 14 years old; I'll be 15 in October, and I'm going into 10th grade. I live in California. I live with my mom, dad, sister, and many pets who I love more than anything. :) I'm single, and hope to become a Veterinarian when I'm older, or at least go into a field that is animal related.

MariaM
07-25-2004, 12:37 AM
I'm Maria, also an 8th grade student. I live in a small town of 360 people or so in Saskatchewan. :D I love it (usually) I love country music, but I also really like other kinds (rock,classical,instrumental,oldies, basically everything)

I have a wonderful dog named Major who is a yellow lab cross. :)

Oh, and I also have a really unhealthy (I've been told, what do they know?:rolleyes: )obsession of Orlando Bloom! :D

countrycowgirl
07-25-2004, 01:04 AM
I am 15 going into the 10th grade....I have three dogs,2 horses,and 1 brahman show heifer.... I live in a very small town...and love animals I hope to become a vet or a ag teacher or a equine specealist.... oh and I am a ffa member officer in my chapter and going to run for district

Originally posted by MariaM

Oh, and I also have a really unhealthy (I've been told, what do they know?:rolleyes: )obsession of Orlando Bloom! :D

I can't tell you haow many time I have been told this!:D matter of fact my mom told me this today:p

CountryWolf07
07-25-2004, 01:26 AM
I'm Rachel and I'm 19. I will be 20 in September. I live in North Olmsted, Ohio.. population, 10,000 something? LOL

I am majoring in graphic design. I hope to be involved with the country music industry in Nashville, Tennessee after I graduate from college in 3 years. :) I met a guy online, but I am single..

I have two dogs, Anna and Rosie!

popcornbird
07-25-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm 18, female, single, and live with my mom, dad, older brother, and adorable little tiels. :p I'll be starting college this September. Oh, how time flies. I can still remember my first day of kindergarten. :o

carole
07-25-2004, 01:37 AM
I have been here a while now,so I think everyone knows who I am, but for the newbies, I am my user name Carole,I am forty something, From New Zealand, born in Scotland , raised in Aotearoa, I am married to Steve, have two children,Scott 22 and Melissa 12, my furbabies are in my sig Ash and Lexie.

BitsyNaceyDog
07-25-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm Kari, I'm 22 and have been married for 4 years to Justin (yes, thats right, I got married at 18). Justin and I currently have no children, but hope to within the next year.
I live in St. Cloud, Florida, where I am manager of a small and wonderful boarding facility. I love my job to no end and can't imagine myself anywhere else.
I have 3 dogs, 7 cats, 7 birds, 1 bunny, 3 mice, 3 chinchillas, 1 prairie dog, 6 snakes, 1 iguana, 3 tortoises, and fish.

davidpizzica
07-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Like Carole said, most of the people that have been here awhile know me, but for the benefit of the new members here goes. My user name is david p. my real name is David Pizzica. I am one of the older (in age) members here(56). I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I am a batchelor and live by myself with Nikki, a 3 y.o. tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 15 m.o. tortie kitty. I would like to officially welcome all of he new members to PT!

catnapper
07-25-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm Kim, I am married with three teens. I live in Reading Pennsylvania.

I also just wanted to issue a warning to our younger people: Please be careful about the information you give out! Its ok to know your name (first name only) and age, but you should stop there because people are strange today and if they know the exact town, or school, etc they might try to find you. I worry that something might happen to any of our younger PTers. you are all great kids with loving hearts - I'd hate for anything to happen at all.

Corinna
07-25-2004, 08:09 AM
I am Corinna I live in Montana near Glacier park . Iam 40 something been married for 25 years to Tim .Have a newly married 22yr old daughter and a 20 year old son. Merlin the sofa spud (springer 7yr) Lady (newfy 3Yr) Winky (14yr tuxy) Ebony(3yr black long hair) and Moose( 4Yr part maine coon) share our home . And not to forget Wee One a 14 year old drawf/jersey woolsey bunny.
The bun and Merlin are mine . Lady is hubbys 2blk kitties are sons (grandkitties) Moose was my daughters now mine .

neko1
07-25-2004, 08:25 AM
I'm Michelle, 27 years old. Married for 1 year, reside in West Milford NJ. Owned by 4 kitties, Neko, Cookie, Pumpkin and Tama. I run a chiropractic and wellness center.:)

Tina
07-25-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm Tina (same as my username) I am 23 years old from Union West Virginia. I have been married to my wonderful husband Rob for almost 5 years. We are parents to two wonderful daughters Kaitlynn she is 4 years old and Maegan is 8 months old. I am a stay at home mom to both, and my husband is a welder.

We are owned by 2 dogs, 5 cats, 1 bird, 1 rabbit and 3 fish.

tictic
07-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Still new here.http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ticticc13/Happy%20Smilies/Wave_with_Hanky.gif I am Tictic. 29 years old. Married for 5 years. Hubby and me are the proud parents of the furbabies on my signature. I was a med student before. I run a home-based business with my hubby. I love arts, video games and music.

Uabassoon
07-25-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm Laura, 23 years old and I live in Az. I live alone with my two kitties Tibby and Corkscrew and have a rat that lives at my girlfriends house. Right now I work for a pet sitting agency, and I'm looking to find another job since I'm not in school anymore.

RubyMutt
07-25-2004, 10:55 AM
My name is Lindsey. I'm 20 years old and live in Everett, WA (about 20 minutes north of Seattle). I'm not married, but have been seeing my boyfriend, Justin, for 5 months now. I've been at my job for 5 years doing catalog fulfillment and inventory control (in the process of looking for a new job :p). I'm owned by one dog, my sweet Ruby, and 5 fish :)

bluekat
07-25-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm Tiffany and I am 14 this year, will be 15 next March. I'm going to gr.9 in September:(...I hate school and I can't wait until I'm older and get a job at a vet clinic and own a few cats and a dog.

Right now I am living with my parents and my sister who goes to university, and of course my 2 year old Himmy Blueberry in a city about 5 minutes from Toronto:p

Oh yeah, and I'm single:p LOL....I also have a few obsessions with some guys in particular haha.;)

Doggirl
07-25-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm known to most people as ML, I'm 12 I'll be 13 on December 31, I live in Northeast Ohio, but I'll be moving to Denver, Colorado this Fall, I Love Country Music, I've been playing the Piano for 3 years and the Violin for about 4, I've been dancing since I was three and don't plan to stop :p, I want to be a Vet when I grown up, but I also want to go to Hairstylist School, I also have one Dog named Martog.

cali
07-25-2004, 11:26 AM
my name is shayna, I am 16(17 in 4 months) I am a grade 12 student, living in Regina, sask. and just found out that apperently I am moving to bc(about an hour away from vancouver) next year, and my grandparents are moving there too so we will be closer to family. I am owned by a big load of furrys, but if you only count MY pets and not my moms included then I have 6 guinea pigs, 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, 5 gerbils, and a fish. the other 5 piggies, 3 dogs, and tank of fish belong to my mom. I compete in flyball, and agility, plus I also play frisbee with both my gals

molucass
07-25-2004, 11:29 AM
My name is Cori, and I'm 19 yrs. old.. I live in Texas in a house with my mom, my dad, 4 dogs, 3 cats, and some guppies.

The dogs are Molly (3 yo. jack russell/chihuahua mix), Felony (5 mo. pit bull mix), Annie (1 yo. dachshund/pug mix), Bailee ( 7 mo. dachshund/pug mix).
The cats are Lily, Lucy & Angel, all are tabbies. Molly & the cats belong to my mom.

I love country music!!! I also enjoy taking pictures of my critters, going to the park with my dogs, reading, writing, drawing, swimming, spending time with my 10 mo. niece named Eden, and lots more. :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'm 18, female, single, and live with my mom, dad, older brother, and adorable little tiels. :p I'll be starting college this September. Oh, how time flies. I can still remember my first day of kindergarten. :o

Oh my gosh... lmao I thought you were my age, like 15... lmao Shows how much I know!

Tonya
07-26-2004, 11:51 AM
bump

BitsyNaceyDog
07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Doggirl
I want to be a Vet when I grown up, but I also want to go to Hairstylist School.

Maybe you should be a groomer.

guster girl
07-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm Kari, and, I'll be 28 in September. I was born in Springfield, Illinois, but, call Columbia, South Carolina my home. I lived in Germany for seven years, Washington for 2, Virginia for almost 1, and, have resided in Texas since 1998. I have a 7-month-old yellow labrador retriever named Finn, a dwarf hamster named Houdini Jingles and a hairless rat named Luli. I was married at almost 18, and, was married for almost five years. Just chilling and enjoying the single life now, although I do have an astronomical crush on a coworker, but, who knows how I'll feel next week! ;) It's cool to read about everyone! Thanks for starting this thread, Tonya!

G.P.girl
07-26-2004, 12:37 PM
what a fun thread!
i'm Shannon, i'm 15 years old less than two weeks (but i already had my birthday party so i guess i'm kinda 15 already?) i'm going in to 9th grade next year. i'm learning to drive in about a month (yayyyy!!!) I have one rabbit named Cadbury, and two fish who technically have names but i don't really call them by them. i live in Edmonds, WA, about 10-15 minutes north of seattle, (or 2 hours, depending on what time of the day you go) and i'm only living here long enough to finish highschool and then i'm off to college and vetdome. :D

tikeyas_mom
07-26-2004, 12:56 PM
I am female, and single, because my ex is a dumb ***.
I have a siberian husky named Tikeya she is my life, I love her with more then I can even say ... I have blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair. I dy it because I hate it.. lol my hair is streight most of the time when it isnt knotted lol. I dont have any freckles. and I am turning 18 in September.
I want to become a dog groomer, but I am still waiting for my college application. I have two little brothers, and I live with my parents.
I work at a petstore lol. figures. :rolleyes:

heinz57_79
07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Aloha! I think most people know who I am by now, but for the benefit of those who don't.....

I'm JC, I just turned 25. Right now, I live in Arizona, but am a certified world traveler! :) I've spent most of my life overseas and have lived in countries like Indonesia, Tunisia, Sri Lanka and Thailand. I'm in a very loving, commited relationship with a wonderful woman. We're working on having a ceremony sometime either later this year, or early next year. I've no kids as of yet, but those will come later too! :) I rent my apartment from 52 Paws; 4 dogs, 7 cats and 2 ferrets.

pitc9
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
My name is Angie, I am 28 (ugh... getting VERY close to 30)
I have a stupid dead end job, that will get me no where in life, but I like my job and the people I work with! Go Figure!!

I have a husband, on Oct 13th we will have been married for 3 years. We were together for 8 years before we got married. He is an electrician. We live the in very North Eastern corner of Ohio, Lake County (one county away from PA)
We have two GSD rescues, Sierra's 3 we got her when she was 5 months old, she was saved from a kill shelter. Buddy is 2 1/2 we got him when he was 1, he had been dumped off in the woods and left to die, and was picked up by a high volume kill shelter. He was a BASKET case when we first got him, he's gotten better, but still is not crazy about my hubby!:o
Just goes to show who spoiles him rotten and who doesn't I guess!!!:p
Sierra and Buddy mean the world and more to me!
I sing songs to them and talk to them all day long, and my hubby is ready to put me in a nut house!!
I said "Fine.. as long as I can bring my dogs too!!!:p

Samantha Puppy
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
I'm Jaime. I'm 26 and I've been married just shy of two months. My husband's name is Josh. I'm an administrative assistant (blah) and he's a software engineer. We live in Maryland and have one furbaby, Samantha. She's a 2 year old Golden/GSD/Collie/??? mutt, whom we absolutely adore.

DJFyrewolf36
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Welcome to my insane life!!! :D

I'm Kristina *DJ Fyrewolf to my public lol* 22, Female *I er think* and live in the Silver State AKA Nevada. Right now I work for the state transportation department but Im trying to get my DJ carreer off the ground *again*. I live in an apartment with my husband *of almost a year now*, my brother in law, another friend, a Short hair *and short tempered* cat named Remus, Two Rats, a leopard gecko and a bazzilion gaming systems *the computers count*. All my furkids can be seen in my siggy. No real kids yet, I want to finish college first!

Desert Arabian
07-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm Laura, I am 16 years old. I have no brothers or sisters. I live in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin and I am in the 11th grade. My birthday is November 28, 1987. I am still in the process of searching for a paying job, I currently volunteer YMCA Camp Anokijig and work with their 48 horses. I have been riding since I was 6 years old. I plan on attending Bel-Rea in Dever, Colorado to become an equine vet technician- I already got all the information and registration papers. I have 4 wonderful daughters- Suzie, Chloe, Phoebe, and Violette- I love them with all my heart. They are the best rats in the world. I also have 2 kitties named Sammy and Dudley. I love to travel, I will be going to Kentucky in August for the 6th time, I am so excited! :D

So, that's enough boring information about me! :p

K9soul
07-26-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm Jessica and am 29. I feel about like Angie (Pict9) about being so close to 30 :rolleyes: It seems like yesterday I just turned 21 and I can't believe how fast time flies!

I will have been married 5 years on September 10 this year to my husband, David. I work as a medical transcriptionist from my home computer. David is recently unemployed :(, but looking. We do not plan to have children except for the furry/feathered type :)

aly
07-26-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm Alyson, 25 years old, and live in Austin, TX (LOVE it here!). I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, lots of fish, and soon will get a bird!! I always have many fosters and the current foster count is 6 cats. I work at a shelter, volunteer at a shelter, and volunteer with 4 rescue groups in my area. I'm not married, but have a wonderful boyfriend who I was best friends with for 5 years prior to our relationship. He loves my animals as much as they love him :D I love music of all kinds. I don't really have any activities that don't involve animals :o I love taking my dogs for hikes at the park and romps in the creek. I also will bust shelter dogs outta "jail" for several hours each week and take them to restaurants with outdoor seating for a little change of scenery. I just joined a group called 'Austin Dog People' and I'm very excited to join them on their group hikes!

CatMama78
07-26-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm Angela. From Texas. I'm recently engaged to my boyfriend of two and a half years. We currently live together. Our two babies are in the picture below, Oreo and Wilber. They are coming up on two years of age in a couple of months. I am 26 and am an Admin in the investment industry (I am not too fond of my job). Mike does tech help.

We plan to get married early spring, probably in Lake Tahoe. Or if it gets too stressful, I'm thinking Justice of the Peace :).

joycenalex
07-26-2004, 03:31 PM
i'm joyce, 47, living in columbus ohio. i moved here 15 years ago after living in south bend indiana. i grew up in ann arbor michigan, guess that explains why i love university towns.;) . i'm the humom to alex the wonder dog, angel duke, sweet golden boy, cat servant of mojo and magic. and sometimes, when i'm cleaning my furry house i realize i bought it for the animals use. i'm a member of the local golden rescue group, and i've driven rescue runs a few times.

wolfie
07-26-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm Rachel, I'm 19. I want to be a graphic / web designer.

I love animals, Harry Potter, and my mac. and video games.

I live in RI now with my mom, stepdad, sister, grandma, and grandpa now, but I hope to move to the UK in a couple of years.

I have a dog named Daphne, Lily and Amelia the guinea pigs, 2 goldfish, and a new bunny who doesn't have a name yet. And my mom's dog is Cocoa.

anna_66
07-27-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm Anna & I'm a server at Red Lobster.

I'm 38 and live in Piqua, Ohio. October 31 I will have been married for 18 years (:eek: Wow! can't believe it's been that long!) to a wonderful man named Mark. We would love to have skin kids...but that's not possible so we have 3 furry kids named Angus, Roxey & Huney!

lizzielou742
07-27-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm Elizabeth (everyone calls me Liz), and I'm 23 years old. I live with my boyfriend, Steve, in Louisville, KY. We've been dating for almost three years :eek: and just moved in together last month. I'm currently working as an office manager for a small business that sells postage equipment (boring!!). I just graduated seven months ago from the University of Kentucky with my bachelor's in art history and arts administration. I hope to start grad school in the spring - I want to get an MA in Art Education and teach middle school art. I am originally from Vandalia, OH (right near you, Anna!). I have two cats: Tito, a 7 month old gray tabby, and Sophie, a three month old brown tabby with a nub tail! ;) I also have two fish (tetras), He-Man and She-Ra. :D

Tonya
07-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
I'm Anna & I'm a server at Red Lobster.

Oooh! Cheese bisquits! My favorite! :p

sirrahbed
07-27-2004, 09:52 AM
I am Debbie and I am 49. I was born in San Angelo Texas and graduated highschool in Abilene. My birthday is in September and I will be 49 again;) I have been married to my childhood sweetie for almost 28 years and I met him when I was 15 and he was 19. He was the security policeman at Abilene who waved us in at the gate of the Air Force base where I lived!! I went to college in San Angelo, Texas and earned my degrees in nursing and education although I started out as pre-med. We have three grown and married kids and will be first time grandparents any day now! We spent our whole lives as AF dependants and then active duty but now retired so have lived all over the world. I love reading, country music and spending time with my furry babies.
Fun thread Tonya!!

catlover4ever
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm Meg and I'm 33 years old. I was born and raised in CT and still live in the state. I have been married to my high school sweetheart (Mark) for 11 years. We bought a house just before we got married and it is about 20 minutes away from his parents and my mom, so we are close to where we were both raised. I have no skin kids...only 5 furkids.

I am a college graduate and currently work as a Secretary in the infection control department in our local hospital. When I gratuated college I had my ultimate job which was a flight attendant for a regional airline, however they closed the Hartford base and I was not willing to give up my marriage and house to move with the airline so I left.....I miss it a lot but being able to be home everynight is a blessing.

My favorite activities/hobbies are taking naps with the furkids, cross stitching, camping, and being Mark's "race manager". Mark is a runner and I have to make sure we do not have conflicts on the weekends, as well as making sure all his applications are in for each race and now he is training for his 3rd marathon, so I am his cheerleader.

So that's me in a nutshell.

cloverfdx
07-27-2004, 10:27 AM
I am Rhiannon, i am 22 years old 23 as of October 1st. I live in a city of about 83,000 in Victoria, Australia.

My dogs are my life, they are Clover Rotti/ Cattle dog mix and 9 month old Border Collie Elvis. We compete in Flyball, Obedience and hope to one day compete in Agility.

I am currently working at out local animal shelter a few days a week, but i am hoping to get into Vet nursing next year.

I am unfortunatly single at the moment :( :p. And live with my Mum and older Brother. I love to travel, listen to music and i adore photography.

I wont bore you any longer ;).

trayi52
07-27-2004, 11:12 AM
I am Willie, and I was born somewhere in Texas, where? I don't remember, I was too young and don remember!;) I moved to TN when I was seven(my mommy, daddy, and sister came too). I got married when I was seventeen, been married to Jimmy, my husband for 34 years. I have three children one boy, 32 and two girls, 29 and 18. I have four grandchildren, two girls and two boys! My children and grandchildren have always been very important to me, my life and my loves.

I have three dogs, which actually one belongs to my 18 year old and she is supposed to take him with her when she moves out. I have two cats, one cockatiel, one ferret, and one capuchin monkey. Oh and I have a horse name Sugar.

I don't work anymore, I stay at home and take care of my husband. I used to work at my husband's factory, until he got sick and had to give it up. I started working at the school helping out with special children, and also with children at the middle school and the high school. Loved every minute of it. Working with kids was just wonderful, and I loved every minute of it. I had to give that up and stay with my husband because his health got worse and he needed me at home with him..

Anyway, I did start college a few years ago, and had to drop out because of my health issues.

But thats about all for me.

Willie :)

mruffruff
07-27-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm one of the oldsters here at 62. Single and not especially looking.

I lived most of my life in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, moved to Cleveland, Ohio and have been in Columbia, South Carolina for 18 years.

I have worked as as office manager for a neon sign part distributor for the last 15 years. I like my job and it pays well.

I have 4 dogs and 7 semi-feral cats. All are rescues of one sort or another. I spend a lot of my time reading, working on the house and taming the cats.

It's so nice to meet everyone here. There is such a variety of ages and opinions, all with a love for animals.

Mary

pitc9
07-27-2004, 01:09 PM
This is so fun!! I love reading all about everyone here!

robinh
07-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi, my name is Robin. I just turned 50 this year. I have been with my SO for 22 years. Never married, didn't see any reason.
Dick (SO) and I have five dogs, a GSD mix, 2 doxies, a yorkie and a bichon. We live on three acre piece of ground in Indianola, Iowa.

SO helped me raise my son since he was 7. Son is now 29, married to a great girl and they have two doggies of their own.

I have worked as a secretary for a trade association representing heavy highway builders for the last six years. Way too many jobs over the years to mention, but all of them involved secretarial work. I volunteer one evening a week at a no-kill shelter and work as often as I can at their fund raising efforts. I also ocassionally volunteer to do pet transports. My dream is to run a doggie daycare with my sister, but that won't come for a while.

My hobbies are my dogs. Love to spend time with them even if it's just laying on the bed watching TV.

HoRsELUvR
07-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Im Robyn and I live in Maryland.I have 2 cats and a dog. I am 14, turning 15 in September and going into 10th grade.I like to hang out with friends, listen to music(mostly rock)and of course ride horses.

Erika
07-27-2004, 07:45 PM
I am Erika. I am 17 and in grade 12. I plan on majoring in music performance when I go to college. If that doesn't happen, I will major in communication. I have a boyfriend of 8 months. I love music and hanging out with my friends.

buckner
07-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi, my name's Sara. I'm from and live in Louisville, KY. I'm 16, and can't wait to just leave this place for a little while. I'm a junior and I'm already checking into college and their requirements. My ultimate goal is to be accepted into Bucknell University, located in Lewisburg, PA, and get enough money (scholarships and financial aid) to pay 40K a year for it! :eek: Once I get to Bucknell, I'll start planning the rest of my life.. but for now, that's all I want done.

I used to want to become a vet, but that's flown out the window. I absolutely cannot, ever, operate on animals. I've also wanted to go into the ministry field, but with that degree, I'd want to become a youth minister. My thought on that right now is that I could make just a big of a different just dealing with the youth, rather than being the youth minister.

So, if my dream does come true, and I do attend Bucknell, I'll minor in theatre, and major in something that'll get me money. :p Something like business or psychology. Who knows.

I have a Cocker Spaniel named Daisy who is 3 years old, and 6 fat male rats - their names are Harrison, Russell, Chester, Benjamin, Dexter, and Leeroy. All 7 of them are the loves of my life. :D

I think that's it....

Kater
07-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi! I'm Kate, or Kater if you prefer. I'm 20, female, single, and live in Hawaii. I will start my third year of college in the fall. I'm getting my undergraduate degree in zoology and hope to go on to attend veterinary school. I've lived in Hawaii since 1989 and find it very hard to be away from the islands for very long.

Oh, and I share my home with a kitty, Nipo and a bird, Mele. :D (you can see them in my siggy...)

slleipnir
07-27-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm Audrey. 19 yrs old (20 in Dec) single and I'm in university. I'm currently a waitress, and will probably do some bartending in the fall

slleipnir
07-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by MariaM

You wanna hear of unhealthy obsessions? Come to me my friend. :o :rolleyes: I'm probably the queen of it

prechrswife
07-28-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm Dusty. I am 31 years old, with 32 approaching rapidly. My husband and I will celebrate our 4th anniversary in about 2 weeks. As you may have concluded from my screenname, my husband is a pastor. I have 2 education degrees and have worked as a teacher until we moved to our current location. Right now, I am a full-time pastor's wife. I intend to go back to work after we have children, and they have all started to school. We live in a little town in southwestern Georgia. I am originally from north Louisiana. My husband and I have 3 spoiled rotten cats--Saphirah (black DSH), Chloe (gray and white DSH), and Samson (black DLH). We also have 2 loveable, goofy basset hounds--Max (red and white) and Oscar (tri-color).

catcrazylady
07-28-2004, 09:07 AM
WOW What a neat thread and a fun way to get to know everyone a little better!

I'm Lisa and I just had my 42nd birthday (ugghh). I live in a small town in Kentucky. I have lived in Ky all my life outside of three years spent in Germany with my ex due to military. I have been married to my new wonderful hubby for four years but we have been together for over ten years total. I work in the corporate office of a manufacturing company and just recently moved into the Marketing department after 7 years as a Cost Analyst. I've been here for a total of 15 years.
In my spare time (haha) I volunteer at my local shelter, sew, and spend time on PT! Most of my time outside of work is dedicated to the ten furballs that I adore.

That would be me!

Randi
07-28-2004, 11:19 AM
I live in Copenhagen, Denmark with John (Jonza) who is English. This August, we've been together for 25 years. He's been here since 1962.

My interests varies a little from summer to winter, but in the summer I like to spend some time in our garden, rearranging and planting. I also enjoy going out in town (bars, restaurants) with friends. I don't have a car, but like cycling around (not too far and hilly though! ;)

Most of all I love traveling. Have been to England, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Spain, Greece and Dominican Republic. Would love to go to New Sealand, Antigua, St Lucia, South Africa, Califonia, New York .... oh, and lots of other places. LOL!
I'm trying to learn spanish - apart from the grammar, it's not that difficult! ;)

I've been interested in IT since 1986 and have learned quite a bit, but with the new systems and programmes coming all the time, it's hard to keep up. :rolleyes:

Since I worked for the Danish Filminstitute, I've taken up videoing and I quite enjoy editing my own videos (HI8>VHS) Earlier, while John was working as a photographer, I quite enjoyed developing black/white pics.

Musicwise, I like rock, blues and classical the most.

I like cooking, so I collect good recipees!

In the winter, I watch a lot of TV (getting lazy). The programmes I prefer are good films - some of my favourite actors are Michael Caine, Robert de Niro, Al Pachino, Sean Connery and Jeremy Irons .... oh, I could go on and on.

In the comedy field I like: Fawlty Towers, Yes Minister and Absolutely Fabulous. I too enjoy quiz programmes, Parkinson and Hard Talk. But I also find programmes about archeologi, aviation, nature and meteorology - and programmes about big cats, fascinating.

I've been lucky to meet a few Ptalkers - Sirocco, Barbara, Edwina's Secretary and Viorica. Hope to meet more. :D

Enough for now. It's been nice to get to know you all a little better! ;)

cloverfdx
07-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Thought i would bump this up again. ;)

Rhodie
07-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Well I'm Taylor, I'll be 22 in a few days and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I was born in Texas and we moved around a fair amount when I was younger because of my dad's job. I have a boyfriend named Kyle. We've been together for four years and I've never been happier or more in love. I just graduated from Miami University of Ohio in May and currently searching for a job.

My life isn't too interesting, so I'll pass the soapbox onto someone else.:p

Aspen and Misty
07-29-2004, 01:03 PM
My name is Ashley, i'm 16 and I'm single (and hateing it!). I love all animals. I am currently owned by 2 dogs - Nova and Connor, 4 rats - Butternutt, Lillian, Tundra and Brook 2 rabbits- Julian and Jaxom and 2 cats - Misty (my dad cat) and Buddy (my cat).

I live in Williamsport PA! Yahoo! I don't have many friends but thats ok, I don't mind :) I own my own animal reascue and so far we have saved 5 cats, 2 ducks and 50 rabbits. :) I am very proud of my efforts and reascueing has become my passion and life. I can't imagine doing anything else.

Ashley :)

aguu
07-29-2004, 01:15 PM
My name is Agnes. I am 33 and live in Toronto, Canada. I was born in Poland and moved around with my family all over Europe before settling here in Canada – but that was 20 years ago! I work for a financial institution as an associate on a trading floor...very hectic and busy!
I got divorced last year– now living in my own downtown loft with the love of my life – Mishka. I have been allergic to ALL animals (even birds and hamsters) all my life. Then one day I my cat allergies just stopped. I call this a gift from God because Mishka helped me through the most difficult time in my life (the divorce) – I don’t know how well I would have fared without him!
I am an animal and nature lover – and an avid skier!

Tonya
08-23-2004, 08:53 PM
We've had some new faces, so I thought I'd bump this thread.

CamCamPup33
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
I thought i replied to this.. Maybe not, lol

My name's Amber.. Im 14 and a half year's old and im in 9th grade of highschool.. Im 5'6", 5'7" and have dirty blonde hair. (Although some might disagree -- Depending who you ask. :p) I live in Miami, Florida. And dream of becoming a pet photographer.

chocolatepuppy
08-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Well I'm not real new but here goes. My name is Annette and I live in N.E. Ohio. I'm married 28 years this past March. Hubby and I only have furkids,dogs Lacey and Mandy and cats Sassy and Missy. I also have a few fish. I work in a factory and other than my furkids my hobby is bear collecting! Oh and my age is 47 :)

cocker_luva
08-23-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm Kari, I'm 16 (17 on sept. 15). :D I have only one dog, an American Cocker Spaniel named Jesse. I'm 5'5 with hazel eyes and light brown hair that's medium-long in length. I'm a junior in high school and get decent grades. :) I have a boyfriend who I've know almost 2 years, but we've been dating 6 months (august 15). :D I am planning on being either an Equine Veterinary Technician, Chef or a Interior Decorater. :cool: I live in Batavia, IL. But I hope to move somewhere warmer. :p I love to horse-back ride, I've been riding for about 7 years at the same place. I currently work at a pizza place ( :( ), but am putting all my effort into working at a salon. :D But the economy sucks; expecially for teenagers, so my luck isnt very good. :(

*also i hope to one day own hundreds of pit bulls!!!! (exaggerated) :rolleyes: :p :D

and thats me in a nutshell!

Harmanie
08-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Hellooo! My name is Kate Dragon. I am 16 and I have one cat named Harmanie. She just had her babies so I am sooo sooo Soooo happy for her!:D She can finally sleep on her stomach again! lol:p

I just started dating my boyfriend 3 weeks ago but I have known him for about a year now! SOOOO HAPPY:p :D

I live in Connecticut wich is pretty boring! I soooo can't wait till I move out of here! lol:p

I would love to one day take care of wild animals at zoos and then nurse them back to health. Then someday set them all free! lol:p

mruffruff
08-24-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm an old lady of 62, formerly of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, now in South Carolina. I'm an office manager for a neon sign supplier. I have four dogs and six cats as house mates. I do as much rescue/rehab as I can.

I spend a LOT of time working on my house, reading and keeping my animals fed and happy :D

Mary

My Peanuts
08-24-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm Diana and I'm 23 years old. I have a business administration/economics degree, but I work for my boyfriend's dad doing A/R work. I have been dating my boyfriend for over 9 years :eek:. That one even scares me! I'll be 24 in January and I'm 5'6. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I'm half Italian and the other half is made up of mostly Ukrainian with some Polish and Austrian. I live in a suburb of Chicago called Melrose Park. I have two dogs, Sylvia a Pug and Harley a JRT mix. I have four cockatiels, two girls and two boys. My girls are Alex and Evie and my boys are Danny and Milton. I also have 3 African Cichlids named Lilo, Stitch, and Eugene. If you want to know anything else just ask! :D

wolf_Q
08-24-2004, 04:35 PM
I thought I replied to this, but I didn't see my reply so apparently not...

My name is Amy and I'm 20 years old. I'm single. I live in a small boring city in northern Utah. I live with my parents, as I haven't found a place for rent that will allow me to have as many pets as I want. ;) I have one dog, his name is Nebo and he is a 2 year old siberian husky. Reggie and Sydney also live in the same house, Reggie is my parents dog (schnauzer, 11 years old) and Sydney is my sisters dog (schnauzer, 2 years old). I work at Petco as a pet groomer, I've worked there for almost 2 years now.

My dream is to open a pet daycare/grooming/photography/rescue lol. Ahh, now if only that would come true....

teenster3
08-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Hi,
I'm Christina but go by "Tina", 29... today, (my best friend & one of my dog's have an August 25th birthday as well), married 1 year on Halloween, but have been together for 7.....hoping to start a family here in the near future!
I work in retail as a Merchandiser/Salesperson in the grocery/bakery dept. field. I've thought about going to college but have no idea what I would be good at!
I've lived in Wisconsin most of my life except for a few months in Florida when I was 21. (Sick of the winter's here)
I enjoy shopping, gardening, traveling, reading, photography, music, the outdoors, animals, spending time with family & friends, meeting new people!!!
;)

Dot
08-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Hello! My name is Dot and I live in Huber Heights, Ohio (5 miles from Wright-Patterson AFB). My husband and I have lived in the same old (1890's) house for 44 years, which we have been fixing up since we retired. The reconstruction work has been very varied :-) and laborious. We have 7-1/2 acres, which I planted with many varieties of trees years ago.

We have two sons and 3 grandchildren; the oldest is a Junior at OSU and plays in the band, one is 7 and the youngest is 5. All live nearby. We presently have 4 dogs, all rescued strays: Shorty (benji type), Lady (large brown long-hair mix), Sweetie (mix - looks like a small rottie) and Honey (probably pit-GS mix). Shortly before 9/11, my devoted Sweetie Pie (poodle-mix) went to the RB and I still miss her very much. She was white with black ears, and I planted white phlox over her grave in the side yard.

I love my family, my animals, photography, music and other hobbies. Until a couple of years ago, I had been a church organist most of my life. Now I mainly substitute on Sundays and for weddings and funerals.

I am 74, my better half is 78. We operated our own store until selling it to retire a dozen years ago, so have rarely been able to travel or take vacations. The advent of the internet has made it possible for me to "see" the world, anyway!

:-D

PJ's Mom
08-25-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm Dawn. I'm 38 years old (as of today) and I think you all know my daughter Rottieluver. I have 4 kids, ages 18, 16 and twins that are 15. I also have two doggies PJ and Bailey, 2 cats, Barclay and Pumpkin, 2 guinea pigs, Herbert and Wilbur, a bunny named Thelmer and 8 fish, Oscar, Strabo, George, Flea, Tick, Spot, Bob and Sning.

Someday, I hope to manage a restaurant, and travel to Australia...never to return. :D

kingrattus
08-25-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm Jess. I just turned 22 on the 23rd. I live in Ottawa/Ontario/Canada. I have been with Rob for almost 6 years (will be 6yrs on Jan 30th) & now that he has a GREAT paying job, we can finally pay OFF the school loans & bills (everything will be paid off by aug of next year :D ).

I work in a Postal Outlet. I'm the Boss back there, which is BS if u ask me, the store manager always takes over so NOTHING ever goes right in post office. I need his help sometimes, I lack some management skills, but not in everything.

I have 4 cool critters. (all r in my sig)

-Axle is a 4 year old male Common Snapping Turtle (giant). He lives in a 160 gallon pond beside my bed. He DOES NOT BITE. She only claws the heck out of my hands .He's very active & always wants to move about. They r suspost to be quiet & lazy critters, I guess he didn't read the manual.

-Oscar is a 3 year old female Tiger Oscar. Shes a foot long & lives in a 55 gallon tank (I thought it was 45 gallon, but I'm just stupid heheh). Shes a great fish to look at, I LOVE her BIG bug eyes (they stick out of her face). She can do a few tricks. She'll jump 1/2 way out of the water to bite my fingers & take her food at the same time & yes it hurts. She can also put my whole thumb into her mouth & make it bleed, good trick eh :rolleyes:

-Jack is a 3 year old female "mini" Jack Dempsey; the silly thing should be as big as Oscar but just wont grow. Shes about 6 inches now. She is super pretty, she has sparkiling blue on her fack & gills. The edges of all her fins & tail now have dark red on them.& she can go from being dark to white in colour (Oscar can do this too). Jack & Oscar live to gether & all they do is bicker hehehehe. None ever get hurt, I honestly think Jack likes it, she starts them & eggs Oscar on.

-Mango is a 2 year old male Red Devil "FROM HELL". I'm not joking at all, hes by far from being a QUIET fish. Hes very LOUD!!! He chews on things (his castle is almost colourless now, he's chewed all the pain off) just like a dog does, plays with bird rings, attacks bubbles like there is no tomorrow. He'll jump out of the water & SMASH his face into the tank lid trying to kill all the bubbles. He needs bubbles because he's so big, hes almost a foot long. He also tried to kill me every chance he gets. I walk into my room & SMASH SPLASH, CHOMP CHOMP, SCRAPE SCRAPE!!!! u can hear his teeth scratch the glass & u can hear his jaws close, thats how strong his jaws r. I DO NOT put my hands in there. I corner him in a net, unless he attacks the net & takes it from me :rolleyes: Yes this fish thinks hes the boss & so far the darn thing is winning.

Rob & I plan on moving out next August (maybe earlier if needed). I plan to buy Oscar & mango each a 100 gallon tank (the fish store ALWAYS sells used ones for $100.00 or less. Its basicaly $1.00/gallon unless its a painted one. My 55 gallon (Oscars tank) cost me $40.00, it was painted blue on the back & 1 side (its so the fish don't see eachother & kill themselves through the glass).

Well thats me as of right now :)

PJ's Mom
08-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Happy belated birthday, Jess. :)

Barbara
08-25-2004, 10:09 AM
I am Barbara (what a surprise;) ).
I live in a village near Munich in Germany together with my husband Siegmar. We are together for 25 years this year but didn't marry until 9 years ago (we were afraid it might not work out any more if we made it legal:p ).
We have two cat friends living with us- Filou and Tigris- and noone can say who loves them more, Siegmar or me:D He spoils them more that's for sure.
I am an editorial director in a publishing house that is specialized on travel. Siegmar is retired but he used to be an editor of books of classical music. We have about 6000 books at home and about 3000 CDs and LPs. Hope we will never have to move.
I love traveling and meeting people from foreign countries. Among my favorite travel countries are the US.

Christiansmommy
08-25-2004, 10:38 AM
I am Robyn. I am 27 years old, and have been married for 6 1/2 years. Have known my hubby for over 10 years and dated for 4 years prior to getting married. I have a little boy, who will be 3 on Sept. 1st. He is the joy of my life. Along with, my furkids, Dandy, cat, Guinness, cat and Dale, dog. I am a stay at home mom. My husband is a computer guy...and works for a company in Delaware, so we recenlty moved to Maryland, to help with the commute. I am a Christian. What else...hmmm....i like artsy things, painting, drawing, crafts, decorating...and am a licenced nail technician. That is about it... :)

Cataholic
08-25-2004, 10:56 AM
I am Johanna. I am 38, work as an attorney for a small firm, and am expecting my first (and last) son in 2 weeks. I live with seven kitties, in Cincinnati- my birthplace. I have a large family, most still living in this area. I have lived on both the east and west coasts, and despite having no water around, really like it here.