PDA

View Full Version : hot weather

jenfer
07-24-2004, 11:31 PM
I just want some suggestions. The weather lately is intolerable (I think) and I have to turn the fan on all the time when I am home. My apt has no moving air. If I do not turn on the fan, there is NOTHING. Gigi sleeps alone in her crate in the living room. Do you think I should leave a fan for her??? From what I can see she sleeps as usual. But as a human, "I" just can't sleep without the fan. Any idea?

Tonya
07-24-2004, 11:34 PM
I know my dad always has a fan and heater for his dog, Joe...But I don't use anything for my dogs. I think dogs are a little more tolerable then us humans. But really, it depends on how hot your house gets. I don't know what is hot to you...For me, hot in my house is 76 degrees. lol. Which I am sure is ok for dogs.

binka_nugget
07-24-2004, 11:38 PM
It's really hot here too! It's probably almost the same since we're so close.

My dogs do fine in the heat. We always have a fan running but they usually go off and sleep somewhere else. I guess it couldn't hurt to pick up one of those crate fans or something but I don't think it's necessary. If you think she's a bit too hot, you could try giving her a frozen kong or something. That's what I do when it gets extremely hot.

almamee
07-24-2004, 11:43 PM
since both of my dogs sleep on the bed they like the fan because it gets really hot since it is 105 right now so we need ac and a fan.

jenfer
07-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. I would think dogs tolerate weather better than us.