PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed here too :-(

QueenScoopalot
07-24-2004, 09:40 PM
One of my four woodpile babies may have a broken leg. I'm getting him to the vets in the A.M, and am hoping it's nothing more than a sprain. The babies have been fighting a pretty nasty URI to top it off, but are starting to respond to the meds. Mama luckily hasn't come down with it. This little boy is so sweet, and they would have all been adopted by now if they didn't get this darn cold. I named the boys Ralph, Waldo, and Emerson...the girl is still unnamed. I don't know what I'm going to do if it's broken. This picture was taken the evening I rescued them all. He looks much better than in this picture, but is still a bit sniffly.

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/MeandSistersButt.jpg:( :( :(

leslie flenner
07-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Yes hopefully it's just a sprain! gee whiz, it truely never ends with the strays and then the illnesses when you're trying to help! (btw- you got any program?) Good luck in the am. Sigh. Don't forget about the new cheddar, I got a good look at him yesterday, he is very emaciated (yes of course I fed him, he seems to be friendly). If I take him, he'd have to stay in my bathroom (ick, tiny and dark and no room except in shower for litter box) sorry everyone- unrequested info... sorry.
good job jan, chin up- if it's broken- he'll get a pin.

catcrazylady
07-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh No! I remember that adorable little boy!! What makes you think it's broken? he is such a doll and your right those cuties would have been adopted quickly. I'm sure they still will with your great love and care. I know you will have the mwell in no time! Poor little baby.
Be sure to keep us posted on this little sweety!

rg_girlca
07-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Poor baby. I hope and pray that it isn't broken and just a sprain.
I hope he feels better soon from his sniffles.
He is soooo adorable.

jazzcat
07-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh no! Look at that adorable little face! He doesn't need to suffer any more, he needs to be healthy and adopted into a wonderful home.

Prayers on the way!

QueenScoopalot
07-25-2004, 08:20 AM
I thought yesterday was Sunday and I could get this little boy into the vets first thing. It was not, and I have to wait it out till Monday. At least he's staying quiet, and none of them are up for roughhousing the way they're feeling. He's not putting any weight on his leg, and it feels swollen just above the ankle bone, so I'm afraid it may be broken. I called a friend, who will call another person who usually helps out from time to time with bills. I don't have the hundreds it will take to help this baby if it's broken. :( But he has to be looked at regardless, just not today. :rolleyes: Then I have to hope Dr Dunn's on this week as he's the head vet, and has been known to knock the bill down substantially. Also he's the only vet I trust will put "Emerson" together properly. :(

sirrahbed
07-25-2004, 08:26 AM
oh NQ! another worry and another day to wait:( I was thinking of Kim's Angel and how her broken legs healed just fine on their own - (she did go to the vet and get splints - but the splints were more painful than the break!!) so maybe even if it is broken - it will heal up anyway? Maybe not perfectly - but will heal. Poor lil thing!

leslie flenner
07-25-2004, 10:11 AM
But I somehow got it in my head that they are open for a couple hours on Sunday am.... Poor you and him!

Tonya
07-25-2004, 11:17 AM
What a precious little boy! I hope it isn't anything to big, and that he recoveres from his cold quickly.

QueenScoopalot
07-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Hopefully the shelter I take my rescues to will assume the bill for this mishap. I made a call to one of the volunteers who's calling another to get the ball rolling. I'm afraid with the kittens being sick (Emerson isn't as sick) that surgery will put the little guy over the edge. :( I have no idea how it got broken (if it is) as the cage they're in is perfect for kittens, and there's no wires for little legs to get stuck in etc. ARGHHH. Many many litters have been using it with no problems until now. :( :rolleyes: :confused:

catcrazylady
07-25-2004, 12:27 PM
QSA don't start feeling guilty for the cage. You know babies can do all sorts of wierd things. No telling what happened and maybe (praying) it's not broken. Maybe there was some really rough play and he got hurt. I know you are worried as any of us would be. I really hope everything turns out ok. You have done a fantastic thing for these babies and with all the youngsters you bring home one freak accident is bound to happen. He is such a cute little guy and I know this has to be breaking your heart.
You've got the PT prayers going and they are mighty powerful! Try not to worry too much and keep us posted on how he is doing. We're thinking about and praying for you and Emerson.

kimlovescats
07-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Hope all goes well for the baby. Angel still walks a bit funny with her one leg, the other healed great .... but the vet said he could only try to put a pin in it, but he didn't even recommend it at the time. As Sirrahbed stated, she healed fine on her own ... knew her own limits, and now (although she looks a bit different) she runs and plays with the rest of them!;)

NoahsMommy
07-25-2004, 06:30 PM
First, you are such a sweetie to help all these babies. :) I'm sure there's a section in heaven for people like you, Kim, Lisa, K&L and Jen (hope I didn't leave any of our fabulous rescuerers out).

At work, I've seen them fix broken limbs with anesthesia, pain injections and splints. (on puppies and kittens) Hopefully, if it is broken, it'll be an easier solution like this one.

Prayers going out for all your babies. Quick recovery from the icky URI's and healing for the hurt leg.

P.S. I love the names you chose! :)

catmandu
07-26-2004, 09:56 AM
And You know atht you have All the Prayers,that we,at The Found Cat Hotel,can muster!