PDA

View Full Version : What an AWESOME post made to a forum!!!! Please read!

luckies4me
07-24-2004, 09:18 PM
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE reading posts like these! :

Did you loose a kitty somewhere in North portland in the summer of 2000? She was lean then and a grey tabby with gold/green eyes. She made it to the shelter.
Did you give up a black kitten at the age of three months in october 2003 to the shelter because you couldn't afford her?

I just wanted to say thanks.

Kfamr
07-24-2004, 09:26 PM
:confused: :confused:

luckies4me
07-24-2004, 09:27 PM
She's thanking the people who gave up their pets to the shelter, because if they didn't she wouldn't have found them. :)

Tonya
07-24-2004, 09:33 PM
I like that. We always look at Ron and wonder where in the heck he was the first 5 years of his life. I'd like to thank the idiots that gave him up. :D

rg_girlca
07-24-2004, 10:38 PM
That is such a nice gester.
Okay, I would like to thank the person who abandoned Katie, a tabby, at the age of 11 months. She has been my love bug now for almost 14 years thanks to you.
Also, my Buddy boy, a Lhasa Apso, who was abandoned on the streets at the age of 1 or 2. He has been with me for 11 years, giving nothing but unconditional love, thanks to you.

I love this. Thanks Cass for sharing this with us.:D

christa
07-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Wow . . . this really makes you think!

OK, I would like to thank the person that brought Josie, her 5 sisters, one brother, and her momma to the Clark County Animal Shelter, in Winchester, Kentucky.

(I wish I could have taken them all, but I'm sure her siblings had no problem finding homes. And for the adoption rate out of that shelter, I hope that her momma made it to a happy home.)

. . . Anyway, if this person hadn't given up Josie and her entire family, I wouldn't have her today, and she has been an absolute joy in our lives.

Cookiebaker
07-24-2004, 10:51 PM
I would like to thank the person(s) who brought Marigold to the shelter; and to the shelter for keeping her alive for the 6-7 months until I came along looking.

That IS a very heartwarming post, Cass! :)

luckies4me
07-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone! :D I myself would like to thank the stupid lady that had us "babysit" Houdini, only to never come back. Lucky me! :D

sirrahbed
07-25-2004, 11:52 AM
To whoever it was who had "dyllan" for over a year and then decided to dump him at a shelter in Middletown, Ohio- thank you for choosing a no-kill shelter!!! He lived there for 3 months and I think he was waiting for me. I look at him and wonder why in the world anyone would give up such a loving and beautiful cat! Sometimes I look at him and cry, wishing he could tell me his story - if he misses someone that he thought loved him??? Well... no matter..because he is the best thing ever to happen to ME. I took one look at his picture at petfinders and drove that hour to go get him right away!!! I dropped one "L" from his name. He is wonderful and sweet and seems so very happy. I hope you miss him!!! I only wish I knew his whole story and could have loved on him from the very beginning, but no matter! He is so well loved and spoiled now!:D Thank you very much!!!
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/handsome.jpg

catcrazylady
07-25-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm not as nice as you guys are!

I am truly blessed by all my fur kids but I will not thank the person who failed to care for the beautiful mama kitty that brought me so many fur babies. It was obvious that she knew people and I hate you for what ever you did to her to make her so terrified.
I love and adore all her children and I will care for them in her honor. I know she chose me to love and care for her children and I won't let her down. I thank that beautiful young mama for choosing me.

I truly do thank the kind person who found Magoo wandering in their yard and took it upon themselves to bring him to the shelter for care. You could have run him off or turned your head away. Bless you for taking the time to take him for medical help. He has found a wonderful and loving home because you cared. It was a small and passing moment in your life but because of those few kind moments his whole life has changed. Bless you whoever you are!
To the person(s) who are responsible for allowing Magoo to get in the horrendous condition and situation that he was in...you don't deserve to know anything!!

I didn't mean to turn this ugly but these are my true feelings about some people but I am happy I have all my babies!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jazzcat
07-25-2004, 12:30 PM
CCL - I know what you mean because the more I thought about it I don't think a lot of previous owners deserve a thank you.

I do want to thank the good samaritan was who stepped in to rescue Scout from those boys who were abusing her and for taking her to a no-kill rescue for help but to whoever is to blame for letting her be in that situation I hope it comes back to bite you in the butt!

With Jazz someone put her, her mom and siblings in a box and left them on the porch of a volunteer at the rescue shelter. That is different and we don't know their story but I think it's sad to leave them in a box in the middle of the night.

sirrahbed
07-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Lisa - I understand where you are coming from. I "thank" the person who dumped Dylan but I also feel angry at them....wondering why in the world they would give him up? At least it was to a no-kill shelter instead of just letting him run free.
And, my twins - obviously born to a stray and removed before they were ready, and fostered by a lady veterinarian. So often....I just wish they could talk and tell us their stories - don't you??? I just wish I knew what their history was and wish I had the privilege of knowing them since the beginning - especially Dylan since he has over a year of his life spent somewhere that I have no knowlege of. The thanks I give - is not really thanks I suppose - more of a "hope you can sleep!" variety, if you know what I mean. I am VERY glad I have my animals and the ones to thanks are more likely the rescue folks, foster parents and shelter workers!!

catnapper
07-25-2004, 01:20 PM
I actually got chills from reading that!

I really can't thank anyone because Allen came from my Aunt & Uncle's cat that had kittens and we kinda fell in love with him.. and thankfully the person who wanted him backed out. So perhaps I should thank the person who backed out of the deal?

And we all know Pouncer was Jen's first foster kitten. I've thanked her a gazillion times for raising him for the first 10 weeks of his life.

jazzcat
07-25-2004, 01:35 PM
I think the person who originally posted this meant it as a HUGE backhanded compliment. You know kind of like, thanks for being such a lousy pet owner because now I have the most wonderful pet in the world.

At least that is my take on it and how I would intend it to be.

luckies4me
07-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I think the person who originally posted this meant it as a HUGE backhanded compliment. You know kind of like, thanks for being such a lousy pet owner because now I have the most wonderful pet in the world.

At least that is my take on it and how I would intend it to be.

Exactly! ;)

catcrazylady
07-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Yep, thanks for being a jerk cause I got the most wonderful furry family members thanks to your stupidity, kind of thank you!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
I am sure this is not fair to all kitties. There may be some that ran away from home or got lost while the owners searched in every way possible. For everyone there are things that happen in life that you could not foresee and for whatever reason you had to give up your pet. To those who did their best to rehome or take them to a no kill shelter I would never hold a grudge. Life can throw some serious curveballs but as we all know this is a small percentage in comparison to the overall figures of uncaring idiots!
I just couldn't bring myself to say thanks even in a sarcastic manner!! Oh, that is so unlike me!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

christa
07-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I just couldn't bring myself to say thanks even in a sarcastic manner!! Oh, that is so unlike me!

I can't speak for the rest that have posted in this thread . . . but I WASN'T being sarcastic when I thanked these people for bringing Josie to the shelter. I WAS SERIOUS . . . I really appreciate them being responsible, and bringing her there. If they hadn't, I would never know what I would have been missing. She's been a life saver to me at times . . . she really lifts my spirits when I'm feeling down, and I AM grateful for her original owners.

catnapper
07-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Yup.... you can take it as a backhanded comment. Or you can take it as a sincere thank you.

I honestly meant to thank the people who made my boys come to me! I think it depends on their bakgrounds. If a cat was well taken care of before it found its way to you, then you can thank the people for loving them until the cats found their way to you. But if the cat was abused and then left because they didn't care about the cats, then slap that sarcastic 'thank you' on them!

NoahsMommy
07-25-2004, 03:58 PM
While the people who gave up my kitties before I had them aren't my most favorite, I do have to have some respect for Micah's breeder. At least she took him to a Humane Society when she knew her breeding was getting too much. I don't know what I'd ever do without that cat...he's my angel.

With the exception of Livvy, all my other cats were babies when we got them.

jazzcat
07-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Yes, it can definitely be taken both ways. Every case is different I know many animals end up in shelters because they got lost or an owner died or even sadder, as is happening more and more, their owners are in the service.

sirrahbed
07-25-2004, 04:43 PM
OK, I do NOT thank those who dumped my pets, but I DO thank those who cared for them until they came to me - how's that?

catcrazylady
07-25-2004, 06:55 PM
That works for me Debbie! I do thank the people who at least take their pets to the no kill shelters so they stand a chance to make people like us so happy!
It has just been my unfortunate experience to have throw aways or abandoned kitties. I guess thats why I'm bitter about people. I have had to work really hard to build trust and help all my kitties overcome their fears because they were feral due to somebodies negligence. They will never be friendly to visitors and they will never know love outside of me and hubby. It hurts me for them that they feel this way.

I do suppose that most of it depends on how and where you got your kitty. Between the shelter and what I have had to view from my own front porch has made me a bitter old woman!:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I can't imagine what I would do without my babies though! I am grateful everyday that I have each and every one of them.

DJFyrewolf36
07-26-2004, 09:13 AM
I can't even sarcastically thank the moron who dumped Remus and his brother on the side of the road :(. I CAN thank the good person who found them and took them to our no-kill shelter! I think the both of them were there about a week before they got adopted out :D. *I found Remus before his quarantine period was up and another lady was looking really hard at his brother at the same time, I do hope she adopted him!* A pair of loving, sweet kittens got another chance because someone decided to stop for a second and care, and for that I really am greatful!!!

Harley
07-27-2004, 07:59 PM
My big, sweet, mellow boy, Bo came from the local SPCA. I did go back several months after I got him and asked if it was possible to find out who had him first (I got him when he was about 8 weeks old.) The answer, as I expected, was NO. But the thing was, Bo has such a laid back. friendly personality - it was obvious that whoever was his "birth family" gave him some lovin'. And they loved him enough to take him to the SPCA where I could find him. LUCKY BO AND LUCKY ME!! I just wanted to thank Bo's first family - I wish they could know how very much I love him.