PDA

View Full Version : What are GiftSwaps?

sweet_stormy
07-24-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm all confused. I know I havent been on here for a while, but what are GiftSwaps? if you guys could fill me in on that I would love it.... :-D Thanx....

*~Becky~*

binka_nugget
07-24-2004, 06:53 PM
About twice a year, we have giftswaps. People who are interested sign up and buy gifts for another Pet Talker. Everyone recieves and sends gifts.

sweet_stormy
07-24-2004, 06:57 PM
ooooooooooooo ok.... i get it now i think..... thanx....

*~Becky~*

sirrahbed
07-24-2004, 06:58 PM
:D Someone else can explain it better but I will try since I just did my first one. Anyone who wants to participate fills out a questionaire and commits to spending a certain amount, sending their package by a certain day and insuring their package. The questionaire lists your pets, interests and things like that. The person doing the organizing gives each person another name of someone on the "swap" and then you buy for whoever you are given, mail the package and wait for yours! Like I said, I just did my first one and it was lots of fun - both buying for the other person and then receiving my gifts. It is mostly for our pets but most folks seems to include a little something for the owner also. So far - many folks have posted pictures when their package arrives and so we can all join in on the fun!!! I know it is allot of work for the organizers so I do not know how it is decided who does it each time. I have also done a few "individual" swaps. As you get to know people - you can just write and see if they are interested in a small private swap. It is a great way to get to know people better and also share gifts from places you may not be able to visit yourself - like my recent private swap was for some Canadian catnip and my swapper asked for things he could not get in Canada!! Does that help??

edit: Thanks BinkaNugget! You answered very simply while I was composing my novel:rolleyes: :p :D