PDA

View Full Version : Clever Toby!

ComedyDevil
07-24-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm so proud of my clever Toby dog :D

I was playing in the yard with Toby, we were practicing 'stay', something he's never been very good at. He understands he has to wait, but the minute you go out of view he gets unsure and comes to find you. Anyway, we've been practicing building up the distance between us and he's been doing good so I thought I'd try something new.

I put him in a stay at the top of our garden. (we have a long garden, about 200 feet) I started walking away from him, telling him to 'wait' every couple of seconds, raising my voice as I got further away so he could hear me (the neighbours must have thought I was insane :rolleyes: )

I got right down to the end of the garden and he was still waiting. I went through the kitchen, through the hall right up the stairs and to the bedroom on the other side of the house, as far away as I can get from him (about 230 feet!) My sister was watching him from the back room and told me he was still waiting.

So I left him there for another minute, then called him, and he came right to me! According to my sister he never moved once the whole time! :D

This was a pointless post, but I'm so proud of my special doggy :D :p

swimma253
07-24-2004, 03:15 PM
aww!!! Good job Toby!!!

MariaM
07-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, its not pointless! Thats a really good accomplishment! Good job Toby and...Amy I think (sorry! Cannot remembour your name)

I have not even bugun teaching Major stay...I am working up to that!:p :rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
07-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Good boy Toby!

ComedyDevil
07-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys :D

Yeah, it's Amy :p