PDA

View Full Version : Potty Question....

Tonya
07-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Sarah is totally housetrained. (YAY!)

But I have a question. I put her outside in her pen when I go places...And she doesn't seem to have a system down with this whole potty thing...

Like Dusty and Roxy always poop and pee on one side, so the rest of their dog run is clean. And even when Dusty and Roxy were peeing on the AC unit at first, I simply started feeding them right there and they changed their potty spots. When I had Teddy, Teddy also always went to the bathroom in the same spot, so he had room to play pee free.

But Sarah, on the other hand...She'll poop under her water drip thingy, pee in another corner, and then pee again in another corner...So when I get home, her clean playing space will be limited. It's like she doesn't care to be rolling around in her pee.

Oh, I have to add one more thing...Whenever I pen her or crate her (even if it is for a few minutes), she goes to the bathroom. It is almost like she is so angry about being put away that she goes to the bathroom. She seems to only have control when she's roaming free in the house. Like she can sleep in our bed for 10 hours at night and not have to go potty. But if you crate her, she's guaranteed to go to the bathroom in it, even if I wake up to let her out.

Why does she do this? She's not in the pen much, and when we get into the new house, she'll have a doggy door, so she'll never be in a pen again...So should I care?

Tonya
07-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Still wondering...

MariaM
07-25-2004, 01:44 AM
Sorry, I can't help you. I don't really know anything about it.

If the crate thing is becoming a nuisance, you could work on letting her go in there for say, 20 seconds, letting her out and giving her a treat (if she didn't pee) and maybe work it up. But I'm not sure what you would do if she did pee. Letting her out would obviously reward. Sorry!

pitc9
07-25-2004, 07:10 AM
I don't know either!!
I guess some dogs just get it and some don't!!
You'd think she wouldn't want to play where she potties!!
Who knows! :confused:
AND peeing in her crate... Ya Got Me!

Tonya
07-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Oh well. Thank you anyways. It's not that big of a deal to me to crate train her anyways. As long as she's house trained, I'm a happy camper. I just think it is odd that she is like that. I guess wierd owners get wierd dogs. :p