PDA

View Full Version : New babies!!!

nsweezie
10-31-2001, 01:33 PM
My sister (who I live with) got a new female grey tabby kitten on the weekend. The baby's name is Zoey. She is too precious, very lively, and keeping our 5 other cats on their toes. I dropped off a roll of film today, so I'll have pictures later this week.
There is more to this story however. My sister's fiance lives in an apartment. Yesterday his landlord came by and told him that there was a litter of kittens in the dumpster!!! Shawn (the fiance) was in shock, he couldn't believe someone would just throw out kittens. Well, he went to take a look, and there were 3 tiny babies in the dumpster. Unfortunatly one was dead :( , but luckily 2 were still alive. (What kind of person would do this? I will never understand this type of behavior! If you don't want the animal take it to the SPCA, don't dump it!). Anyways, to make a long story short, my sister is taking the male kitten, and a friend of the family is taking the female. The new baby is name Mackeral, Mac for short. He is white with a small black spot on his head. He has lovely blue eyes, and luckily for us, he is healthy. The vet thinks that the kittens were only there for at the most one day. I'll also have pictures of Mac soon.
I cannot believe that we now hav 7! cats and a dog! It's so true that one is never enough!

aly
10-31-2001, 01:58 PM
Congrats on the babies! Thats so nice of your sister to take in the poor little dumpster baby. I found a newborn kitten in a dumpster before when I was younger. It really traumatized me for many years. The good news is that it was still alive. My cousin and I bottle fed it all night long then took it into a rescue or shelter, can't really remember.

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Former User
10-31-2001, 02:39 PM
Happy ending to a sad story. We're glad you give a good home for the new kittens :)
And, can't wait to see pics!!!

Hey, glad to know there are good people in this world who love animals very much. Unfortunately there are plenty of those idiots who just dump them somewhere :mad:

yorkster
10-31-2001, 02:43 PM
Oh so sad that someone would do that, but happy to hear they were rescued! I am really looking forward to seeing pictures.

purrley
10-31-2001, 02:43 PM
So glad you rescued those poor little babies. Thank goodness there's more good than bad in the world. I can't imagine anyone dumping such precious little creatures. Bless you for taking care of them.

tatsxxx11
10-31-2001, 03:17 PM
Thank you for giving new life and a loving home to these precious babies. For every act of cruelty, there is, somewhere, an act of kindness and love. Can't wait to see the baby pictures!! :)

wolflady
10-31-2001, 05:23 PM
Oh!!! Congrats on the new kittens in the family!! I'm so glad kind hearted people come along in situations like this. Honestly...how can anyone dump any animal in a dumpster??!! :mad: People are just sick. Especially since kittens and puppies are so darn cute!!!! I'm sorry one of the kittens didn't make it, but I'm so very glad that the other 2 have a change for a great life!!! **hugs** to the new 'kids' and post the pics soon!!! :D :D :D

nsweezie
11-01-2001, 08:28 AM
Here's an update on the little ones. Zoey is currently racing around the house. She is full of energy, and curiosity. And she seems to be quite taken by Scooter, much to his dismay. She ambushed him at breakfast. He was innocently eating, and she launched her self from a chair and landed on his back. Poor Scooter.
Mac is doing as well as can be expected. Although he is the same age as Zoey, he is quite a bit smaller. He is also very thin, so it looks like he might have been malnourished. He isn't as curious as Zoey, nor as active. The vet has told us that he is basically healthy and disease free, but that he is somewhat delayed in his development. He needs to gain some weight, and strength, and then he should catch up to Zoey. He is the most cuddly little guy though!
I'll post more details as Mac progresses.

Logan
11-01-2001, 08:35 AM
Sounds like Mac needs a little extra TLC...and I think you are just person to give it to him!! Lots of good "fishy" smelling food :eek: .

You and your sisters join so many others in earning some extra feathers for your "angel" wings. Can't tell you how warm my heart is when I hear stories like this one.

Lots of love to all of you! :)

AdoreMyDogs
11-01-2001, 08:47 AM
Oh congrats on the new babies. I absolutely LOVE kittens, and hope to get one some day. I am disgusted at someone throwing any creature in the dumpster, let alone a kitten. It truly is a whole different species of human...a species that will hopefully die out :mad:

Have fun with those little energy bundles. It made me laugh reading about Zoey's ambushing poor Scooter while he was eating peacefully...that must have made scooter want to be served kitten for his next meal :D

nsweezie
11-02-2001, 08:28 PM
Poor Mac is really ill. I need the good thoughts of the Pet Talk community. He was at the vets all day, he has a really, really bad case of worms, and has lost weight since we got him. He is in bad shape, he can hardly stand up. The vet said that either he will improve in the next day or so, or he won't at all.
Please keep tiny little Mac in your thoughts. He had a rough start to life, but I hope that it all goes up from here.

4 feline house
11-02-2001, 09:37 PM
I'll be praying for Little Mac, and Big Mac is also praying for Little Mac. He's giving him cyber headbutts.

yorkster
11-02-2001, 11:19 PM
oh...poor little Mac. We will send good thoughts your way!

aly
11-02-2001, 11:42 PM
I will be praying hard for Mac. I am so sorry he's so sick. Please keep your chin up and hope for the best. All my positive thoughts and well wishes are being sent your way. I really hope Mac improves SOON.

TheAntiPam
11-03-2001, 12:34 AM
We are sending our best healthy wishes and special prayers for little Mac. Winston especially, because he was found in a warehouse and knows what its like to be tiny and alone. We hope to hear that Mac has taken a turn for the better. Special thanks to Mac's new family for trying to help such a little lost baby.

nsweezie
11-03-2001, 08:34 AM
Mac is doing a little bit better this morning. He had a good breakfast, and licked himself for about 5 mintutes, which, to me, seems like a good sign.
He still has a long way to go though, as his is painfully thin, but I hope that he will continue to improve. His sister Zoey is being really good too, she was licking the top of his head last night when he was really feeling bad.
I know that the good thought of the Pet Talk community has worked again!!

tuxluvr
11-03-2001, 08:39 AM
Regardless of Mac's future, it is comforting to know that for the rest of his life, he will be in a purrrfect loving home!

Heros come in all shapes and sizes, and opportunities for heroism greet us every day. Nsweezie gets our hero's medal today!

4 feline house
11-03-2001, 10:13 AM
Tuxluvr is right, Weezie, even if the worst happens, he will make his journey to the bridge having known compassion and tenderness. I can't help but think of Fiver-Roo.

It sounds like he just might be pulling through, though! There's always hope when a kitty still wants his breakfast Zoey's "nursing" is probably very comforting for him, too. Go, little Mac!

Golden Smiles
11-03-2001, 11:43 AM
Thank God for people like you guys!! :D I am so glad you are gonna take care of them. They must think they're in heaven!!

nsweezie
11-03-2001, 06:01 PM
Mac was at the vet again this afternoon. He had an IV inserted, and some fluids injected.
He did look alot better after that. His problem seems to be a gastric problem, and the vet said he was dehydrated. This was what probably killed his other brother or sister.
This evening he ate a huge supper, and actually was playing with Scooter's tail while Scooter was sleeping. Mac is not totally healthy yet, but the vet feels that if we can get him to gain weight, and make sure that he is not dehydrated, he has a fair shot at becoming a fine adult cat.
Once again, I cannot say how much everyone's kind thoughts and words have meant to myself, my sister and of course Mac. I'll hopefully be posting picture of him soon, and I'll have pictures of Zoey on Monday.

nsweezie
11-07-2001, 09:21 AM
Mac is improving slowly. He gained 300 grams this week, which is a lot for such a small guy! He is still weak, and cannot play for long, but he is able to run for a few minutes. The vet is hopeful that he will catch up to Zoey eventually.
Once again, I cannot thank everyone enough for your kind words, and thoughts. This really is the best chat on the web!

Former User
11-07-2001, 09:28 AM
Way to go Mac, keep eating :D
All the best for him and the other kitties!

catwoman
11-07-2001, 04:26 PM
nsweezie,

I had missed this thread earlier! I am so happy to read that Mac is putting on weight and feeling better. :) He is so lucky to get a second chance, with two angels like you and your sister! :D

Dianne

4 feline house
11-07-2001, 11:03 PM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/005/pp/zx/n3/pe28003.jpg
Big Mac says "Way to go, Little Mac!"

TheAntiPam
11-08-2001, 01:12 AM
Hurrrray for Mac! We'll keep praying that your little body keeps growing and gets extra healthy. You've already shown us that you've got a big heart packed inside your sweet little self!

nsweezie
11-14-2001, 02:56 PM
Finally-- Here is Zoey! I took a bunch of really cute pictures of her and Mac yesterday, so hopefully those won't take to long to see. The link is http://pets.burnerkitty.com/4215
Mac is still doing ok. He is about half the size of Zoey, and gets tired easily, but he is putting on weight, and can now play for 15+minutes at a time.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: nsweezie ]

aly
11-14-2001, 03:18 PM
AWWWWWW!!!! Zoey is a doll! Absolutely irresistible!!!!