PDA

View Full Version : All dressed up!

Lacey
07-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi, everyone! Your local Mowg-monster is reporting in! Meowmie got me a little collar! She thinks I look so pretty in it, though it is a little big. I won't be wearing it much until I grow in it. I'm not sure I like it too much, but Meowmie thinks it looks adorable.

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/collar_001.jpg

However, I guess I can put up with the collar if I get extra treats for wearing it. (Actually, Meowmie bribed me with treats so she could get it on me.) I sure do like my treats!

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/collar_002.jpg

Meowmie even put my big sis in her collar to show me it's not so bad. I don't really care much about whether or not Zelda's in a collar, though. I'm more interested in Zelda's treats. Meomie says I'm a thief, but really Zelda's sharing her treats. Sure, it may look like I just go up and take them, but Zelda told me she's trying to watch her figure. So it's ok for me to take her treats.

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/collar_003.jpg

catnapper
07-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Awww... you have some growing to do, but black looks so sharp against your pretty orange fur. No kitty cats like their first collar! In fact, Pouncer hated his so much that he found a way to get out of it each and every time I put it on him! NAWTEE! Be nice and don't wiggle out of your collar like Pouncer does, ok? Its not a fun game to see where you can leave it for meowmie to find! :D

Felicia's Mom
07-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Both of you look great in your new collars.:D

sirrahbed
07-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Well don't you two look fabulous??? Love the collars!! We knew you were not a treat thief Mowgli:eek: Never even occurred to us:D
What a sweet looking boy!!! Are you POSITIVE they didn't switch babies on you at the hospital?? What a dramatic change!!! Has Mowgli met any strangers yet?? Zelda still playing and oinning him down to groom? This has been such fun to watch each day Lacey!! Of course, I have a soft spot for orange boys - seems they are always so sweet!! - even if they have a wild start I guess:)

Lacey
07-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Ooooo! That sounds like a fun game! I'll have to figure out how to get my collar off so I can try it! Now to start checking out places to hide the darned thing!

Well, I'm fairly certain they didn't switch babies on me. Though if they did, then someone out there must be wondering what happened to their sweet cuddle-bunny. ^_~ Mowgli's very briefly met my Mom. He didn't get too close. Mostly she just caught a glimpse of him as he ran to hide in my office. And the pest control man came today, and he never saw hide nor hair of the Mowg-monster, who was hiding under the rocker that I use for a computer chair.

And not only does Zelda groom Mowgli, but a couple of times now I've caught her letting him try to nurse from her. I figure it's got to be a security thing since he's old enough to be through nursing. Still, it's very sweet to watch. :D

christa
07-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey Mowgli . . . this is Josie. I like your collar. My meowmie put a collar on me when I was little. It was red and had a bell on it. It drove me crazy though! I ran around trying to get it off. Finally I got it up over my bottom jaw . . . it was hung in my mouth. Meowmie threw a fit . . . she seemed worried for some reason . . . so she picked me up and yanked it off. That's what I wanted anyway. So now, my meowmie only gets me collars with NO BELLS!!! I have one with JEWELS on it. I only wear it when we have guests though. But your collar is great!!! Very fashionable! And don't worry, you'll grow into it, just like I finally did!

jazzcat
07-23-2004, 10:10 PM
For me all Mowgli posts can just be called AWWWWW!!!! I love seeing this adorable little orange guy no matter what he is doing.

catcrazylady
07-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Oh my Mowgli!! It's Auntie CCL here. You are too cute and you look so grown up in that collar!! I'm so happy you are having so much fun with your new sister or maybe your surrogate mom! Zelda must really love you, but then again, who couldn't! You are one very lucky little boy and don't you forget that!! I'm so glad that you are one more wild boy that is going to have a very happy life!

Lacey keep those pictures comming! It was hard to believe that this would have been the scene when you look at the first bathroom pictures! GREAT JOB!!! Now you have two very happy kitties and I know you have to be having a blast watching the two of them! :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
07-24-2004, 08:42 AM
My Poncer,my RB Angel,Michael,and Rocca all hate thier collars,too,and that is too bad,as theyare Ova Flea Collars! Mowgli,is going to be One Wonderful Cat!