PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pains

Amber
07-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Last night i started to feel some pain in my chest. Pain like in the breat bone area. Told my mom, and she figured it was indegestion. So I got some medicine. Today it started to hurt more. Like when I take deep breathes.

Has anyone have this? and of so what did you do for it?

Or anyone know what it might be? I'm thinking about having my mom take me to the doctors. Just want it to go away.

BCBlondie
07-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Is it like stabbing pain near your lungs or something? Under your ribs? Like when you move or breathe, it feels like someone's taking a knife and stabbing you with it? If yes, then I've had it before too lol. I talked to my friend about it and she said she had never had that happen to her, so I thought I was just weird. But if you have it too, maybe I'm not so weird after all! :D My doctor said it's normal or something... O_o *shrugs* Medication never helped me... It went away by itself after a day or few days...

aly
07-23-2004, 07:08 PM
I've had to deal with a lot of chest pains and never really found the true cause. I've had to go to minor emergency clinics for EKG's and such several times. I even went to a heart doctor. All test results always came back normal.

You're very young so try not to worry too much about it. I always think that a trip to the doctor never hurts though!

Maybe you pulled something? See if a heating pad helps the pain. If it does, its probably just an injury.

popcornbird
07-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Do you think you could have pulled a muscle? I wouldn't think it would be anything serious at your age, but if you're concerned, do see a doctor.

almamee
07-23-2004, 07:14 PM
that happened to me but not when i'm breathing just certain time my mom says that I don't get enough excercise maybe that is wrong with you maybe you should excercise everyday.

Amber
07-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Thats what my mom told me too. But I don't know how I would've pulled it?

BCblonide- Nope, its below my neck. But when I do take deep breathes it does feel like sharp pains.

heinz57_79
07-23-2004, 07:39 PM
could be something as simple as heartburn, not indigestion. Try taking some Zantac 75 or something similar and see if that takes care of the problem. :)

Amber
07-23-2004, 10:09 PM
What does heartburn feel like? is it when your heart hurts? or something?

It could be it..

almamee
07-23-2004, 10:10 PM
it hurts around your heart

moosmom
07-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Okay, here's the hints.

You're young, so I doubt highly if it's a heart attack.

A heart attack consists of shortness of breath, tightness in your chest, pain radiating down your left arm, pain in your jaw.

Have you lifted anything heavy lately. You could very well have pulled a muscle in your chest.

Does this happen while you're stressed out or after exercising??? If so, there's a condition called Angina. It can mimic some of the symptoms of a heart attack such as shortness of breath and tightness in the chest, not to mention hyperventilation.

I would suggest seeing your doctor as he's the best one that can confirm whatever is wrong.

Good luck.

heinz57_79
07-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Amber
What does heartburn feel like? is it when your heart hurts? or something?

It could be it..

Heartburn usually feels like a sharp pain, burning sensation in the middle of your chest. Sometimes it can feel like you have bile in the back of your throat. I know, gross. :) I had never had heartburn until a few months ago, so I didn't recognise it for what it was when it happened. I had Mylanta and Zantac 75 and a glass of milk. It went away eventually. Sometimes you'll nauseaus, but generally is just discomfort and annoying. :)

popcornbird
07-23-2004, 11:20 PM
Try drinking milk. If its a heartburn, that should help. Heartburns are nothing serious, and have nothing to do with your heart. That's just what they're called. ;)

Don't worry. I'm sure you are fine.

Tonya
07-23-2004, 11:23 PM
All I know is I feel like I'm dying when I get heartburn!

binka_nugget
07-24-2004, 12:09 AM
I had chest pains too. My doctor said it was due to the fact that I have horrible posture. Try not to worry too much!

Amber
07-24-2004, 09:59 PM
i'll drink more milk, hopfully it will help it. I'm not sure if I picked up anything heavy, except I was picking up my computer. Maybe that caused it. oh well, if it doesn't go away, i'll go to the doctor.

Thanks everyone!