PDA

View Full Version : just have to tell you this......last night..

carole
07-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Ok now you are all curious, well its not that exciting for you, but it was for me, I was reading the paper and I read an article that had my ex-fiancees name in it, I naturally wondered if it were him, then low and behold we are watching the giant 100 inch screen on the wall, and there he is being interviewed on TV.(good thing by the way)

I recognised him straight away even from a distance, and I have not seen him in 25 years, he is part owner now of a Tavern in the South Island, bad choice, as Vern had a drinking problem, why I broke it off with him, he was a genuinely nice guy otherwise, he had not changed a bit, looked a little older of course, and a bit thinner on top, but other than that it was still the Vern I once new and loved.

I really want to walk into his tavern one day and see if he recognises me, if not then I will say something like 'Don't you owe me a drink on the house", I may do it yet, we are planning a trip down south for our respective big 50's me and hubby, so you never know when you are going to meet up with someone do you?

This brings me to ask and maybe change the thread , is their anyone from your past you would love to meet up with again? if so tell us all about it!!

almamee
07-23-2004, 06:07 PM
That's great !!!!

Tonya
07-23-2004, 06:23 PM
That is cool! Yes, there is...This guy, Daniel. We were best friends and lost touch.

teenster3
07-23-2004, 06:23 PM
That's an interesting story for sure!!!!!:)
Yes, I would like to see my ex-fiance again! OH, I absolutely adored him! He was most definitely the 1st TRUE love of my life!!! There are a lot of things I regret with that relationship. You know how you hear of the girlfriend/wife abuse.....well, this was the opposite....I was the mean one! (I'm not proud of that) I think I went into the relationship way too early. I had just come out of a very bad one & I think I ended up taking it out on him!:( He would have done anything for me....poor guy! He ended up marrying a girl/divorced a year later. I just got married last Halloween (been with him for 6 years). I still think about my ex though.....I think we all think about our 1st true loves right? I think people change though.....last I heard he became a born-again and I wasn't "pure" enough for him to associate with anymore. (this was before my husband & I got married, I was still friends with my ex) Oh well......

Corinna
07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
I have 2 I would like to see Russell a speacil red head I had crush on from 4th grade to 9th . Then I met my hubby and it was over for the red head.
I also had afreind in Conway grade school Jessie he was the red heads friend and mine too , his family were feild workers who settled for a lot of years in the county . I lost track as Jessie never showed up at the local high school i always wondered about him. He had a lot of ideas of getting out of migrant work and helping others.

catnapper
07-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Lets see, any boyfriends from my past that I'd like to meet up with? There's my HUGE crush from 10th grade. I'd like to see him. I wonder if he's as cute today as he was then! :p Outside of that, nope.

but......
There is someone I'd love to meet from my past, and I am meeting up with her - In two weeks!!!! My best friend from highschool moved to Texas in August *FOURTEEN* years ago. We've kept in touch throughout the years though we haven't seen each other since. Well, she's coming in a few weeks to visit family - her grandmother's very ill and she wants to see her one last time. She's coming up with her three kids and staying here with us!! I am SO excited!!!

heinz57_79
07-23-2004, 07:55 PM
There is someone I'd love to meet up with again. A friend from high school. The whole time I knew her I kept saying to myself "She'd make a great lesbian!" LoL But she kept dating guys. Of course, so did I, so I guess it doesn't say much but still! hehe Then I came out of the closet at 15, and realised I had this HUGE crush on her. And it stayed there for 3 years! After we graduated, we lost touch for a while. I moved back to the US and she moved back to Australia. We got back IN touch, and she ended up coming out to me after almost a year of emailing. (You have NO idea how badly I was kicking myself! That warranted a HUGE "I KNEW IT!" ;) ) We became even closer thru email than we were in high school, and developed a wonderful friendship. Then, last year (almost exactly a year ago!) she sent me one last email, telling me she was having problems, and was feeling hopeless. I knew she was depressed. I emailed back immediately. It's been a year. I never heard anything back. I have no way of tracking her down. I'd give anything to see her again, to see that she's ok, and to rekindle the friendship we started over 10 years ago!

Any of our Aussie members want to play Private Eye? ehehe ;)

Logan
07-23-2004, 08:55 PM
I just knew you were going to say that you had baked a pumpkin pie last night!!!! ;)

That is really cool, Carole, that you saw him after all these years, and on tv!

Logan

moosmom
07-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Nope, not really. Every guy I went out with dumped me :(.

There is one man I would love to see again, but it's not possible. I was engaged to him before I met the guy I married. His name was Bill. The last time I saw him, my daughter was 6 months old. We ran into each other on the street and stood talking for a while. He eventually married a woman who had a son. They were married for sometime. He died at the age of 41 of a massive heart attack. It was around the exact same time that my daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer (about 13 years ago). My heart was broken because he was a wonderful man.

dappledoxie
07-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Cool story!

Yeah, I have one person whom I dated for 3 years who I'd love to see again, he was so sweet, I guess I just made some bad choices, I just wanted something different, I mean I was only in 10th grade when we started going out, leaving high school can change things, I wish I hadn't let it. :( Oh well, lol, we still stay in touch and are friends but you know...

davidpizzica
07-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Nope, not really. Every guy I went out with dumped me :(.

There is one man I would love to see again, but it's not possible. I was engaged to him before I met the guy I married. His name was Bill. The last time I saw him, my daughter was 6 months old. We ran into each other on the street and stood talking for a while. He eventually married a woman who had a son. They were married for sometime. He died at the age of 41 of a massive heart attack. It was around the exact same time that my daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer (about 13 years ago). My heart was broken because he was a wonderful man. Not me, Donna! If we ever meet,I'd never do that. You're so special!

carole
07-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Aww David you have got it bad haven't you? so sweet, you two better get together for a meet soon, and if its cost, well PTer's have been known to round together for all kinds of things lol.

Pumpkin Pie did you say Logan, i dare not make one right now, as I would be too tempted to eat it all up, and I am trying to loose my extra winter pounds that always creep on, somehow lol.:)