PDA

View Full Version : A troll Story

heinz57_79
07-23-2004, 02:43 PM
Once upon a time, or maybe it was twice or three times. One can never be sure of anything these days. Anyway, once (or more) upon a time, there was a smattering of trolls. (A smattering is the scientific term for 3 or more trolls, like a pride of lions, gaggle of geese, etc) Now, in this troll smattering I'm sure there were adult trolls, but they were very rarely present. The troll larvae (babies), however, were abundant.

The troll smattering lived in a hole and had little or no contact with other species, or even other trolls. It was a sad situation. The troll adults paid the larvae little heed and pretty much allowed them to run rampant, causing Mischief. The larvae had very few social skills and were generally quite irksome.

One of the troll families had some significantly more irksome larvae than others. One of the larvae, his name was Bobo, was a professional Button Pusher. He made it a point to go up to anyone he came across and rile them up. the other species, like the faeries and the elves, would go to the other side of the street if they saw him coming. He wasn't very well liked, needless to say. He was generally a punk of a larvae. But he got his comuppance.

One day, Bobo was wandering around the swamps looking for people to irritate. Sitting under a tree, minding their own business, was a fleet of dragons. They were peaceful dragons, philosophers, so Bobo thought they were an easy target. He chuckled to himself as he approached the picnicing fleet.

"wassup u scaley freaks." said Bobo as he came upon the dragons.
the dragons mearly glanced at Bobo with a look of disdane.
"U should say hi back when someone say sumthing 2 U."
One of the elder dragons decided to address the troll.
"Why should we bother ourselves with you? You are naught but larvae. A pimple. A boil. A minor irritation. We shall do nothing but ignore you and maybe you will get the hint and go drown yourself in a puddle."
But Bobo did not go away. He continued to dance around the dragons, poking them, smirking, using strange vocabulary that the dragons really didn't understand but passed it off as ignorant youth.

After an hour of Bobo pushing the dragons' buttons, the dragons finally had enough of Bobo's ignorant, juvenile antics and decided to take care of the problem themselves.

The elder dragon stood up, drawing herself to her full height and descended upon the larvae. In a puff of smoke, there was nothing left of Bobo but a tuft of fur.

The moral of the story..... well, I think it's pretty obvious, don't you? :)

dukedogsmom
07-23-2004, 02:53 PM
That cracked me up!! Very creative. There seems to be a plague of trolls lately. Very annoying. And people keep giving them attention so they keep coming back for more. They're joining like crazy. Every time I go back to the main page, there's another new person. It's getting a bit ridiculous. And they're all from Florida.

kitten645
07-23-2004, 03:28 PM
What I don't understand is seemingly intelligent people actually give them the time of day and reply. Wasted energy. :rolleyes:
Hopefully they (trolls) will slither back under the rocks they came from.
Claudia

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Great story! :D

QueenScoopalot
07-23-2004, 04:16 PM
What a wonderful bedtime story! Is the troll invasion a yearly event that coincides with summer vacation? I think it's high time they should all be ignored....they are getting under everyone's skin! :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
07-23-2004, 04:20 PM
heinz I applaud you for a very apt description of current events :D

Have you thought about writing kids books for a living lol! I'd buy them for my kids tehe.

RubyMutt
07-23-2004, 04:45 PM
:D I loved it!

almamee
07-23-2004, 05:56 PM
great story

bluekat
07-23-2004, 05:58 PM
Hehe great story!:D Sounds oddly familiar though...;)

I'm so sick of trolls.

moosmom
07-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Have you thought about writing kids books for a living lol!

Yeah!! You could put that troll larvae's BUTT ugly picture (you know whose picture I'm talking about) on the front of the book and call it "No Mo Bobo"

leslie flenner
07-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Yet it is so obvious now! And one of the lastest trolls, who has hurled some very gross insults about their insects death and their now 20 pregnant animals would like all of us to visit their website; for what reason, i dunno. The troll explanation is perfect! A troll wants all the attention on "Me, me, me!" And uses cruelty to get it! Well, another thanks for an enlightenment, I know long require duct tape on my hands to stop myself from responding! Thank you!

QueenScoopalot
07-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
Yet it is so obvious now! And one of the lastest trolls, who has hurled some very gross insults about their insects death and their now 20 pregnant animals would like all of us to visit their website; for what reason, i dunno. The troll explanation is perfect! A troll wants all the attention on "Me, me, me!" And uses cruelty to get it! Well, another thanks for an enlightenment, I know long require duct tape on my hands to stop myself from responding! Thank you!

The particular troll you are referring to who wants all to visit it's website, may possibly have a virus for all who visit it. One of the other posters noticed and alerted in the thread. WARNING...WARNING...GIVE THE TROLLS NO MORE DESIRED ATTENTION! (or I'll come duct tape your hands together)!:D

sirrahbed
07-24-2004, 10:46 AM
The "ignore" feature also works quite well, as I am SOOOO tempted to respond and thus *feed* the little trolls myself:D I now have four little trolls on ignore and wonder if it is simply one troll??

leslie flenner
07-24-2004, 12:17 PM
they would want others to see website, goes with the profile! "Me, me, me! Give ME attention!" It all makes sense now! don't need duct tape anymore! this story is my duct tape! Thanks again for this enlightenment!

kitten645
07-24-2004, 03:24 PM
and yet there are still responses to these loosers! Keeping them on top of the posts for others to be dragged in. Hope these posts die soon and no more continued fueling of the fire!:rolleyes:
Claudia

moosmom
07-24-2004, 03:45 PM
The particular troll you are referring to who wants all to visit it's website, may possibly have a virus for all who visit it.

Great minds think alike. I was thinking the EXACT same thing.!!

catcrazylady
07-24-2004, 11:22 PM
YO wat r u all talkin bout?

Great Story!!!

leslie flenner
07-24-2004, 11:29 PM
go to my website and email me and see. yo. duh.

dukedogsmom
07-25-2004, 06:28 AM
I emailed his mother. Turns out she was hosting a site for him. She didn't get the point that he was being a pain in the butt. I even sent her a link from the dog section. This is her reply.
Just to let you know this is my son. I have spoken with him, the outwar.com link he put in the post does not contain a virus there is nothing there to even download. It is just a game site and he gets points for people clicking his link. However, I explained to him that he is NOT to post the link to non-related sites. That the petoftheday.com website is not the type of website that knows anything about outwar.com and that it is totally wrong to do. He said the link was his signature tag and would remove it and didn't realize that and was very sorry. Also again please note there was absolutely no virus!

Thank you so very very much for emailing and bringing this to my attention.

leslie flenner
07-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks a million!

catnapper
07-25-2004, 05:02 PM
Hmmm... I wonder when Mattel will make the Barbie version of this fairy tale? :p

Maybe Disney will make the next classic movie based upon it?

Bravo, bravo well written!!!

I'm eagerly awaiting its sequel!

NoahsMommy
07-25-2004, 07:35 PM
That was way too funny!!! ;)

I think that when we see trolls, we should post this link??

leslie flenner
07-25-2004, 07:44 PM
I copied this from DJFyrewolf36 who posted it under Cat General- a thread called- Does any of this look familiar? on this website it tells you exactly how to respond and we can use that one sentence to alert each other if we feel it's necessary. If you can't open- look at her thread!

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

DJFyrewolf36
07-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Hey Leslie thanx for linking to my thread! I found that site to be very informative on how to deal with Troll-like objects. Sigh, why do these people find it neccicary to invade nice message boards? There are lots of rude boards out there where trolling is quite acceptable. Is there no escape? :(

Sometimes, I hate the internet...then I realize that dispite all of the morons out there, there are a lot of great people *Like you guys :D* that make going online worthwhile!